Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    So let me get this straight...You guys would trade the best player on our team? The best 2nd basemen in the MLB? for something other than Felix? If Cano was going to be traded which I highly doubt the package would have to start with Felix...
    You do realize that Cano is looking for a 10 year, $200 dollar deal. Plus he's 30 now and will be 31 when he's a free agent, and on top of that he is coming off a very poor postseason performance. His value isn't as high as you would think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    You do realize that Cano is looking for a 10 year, $200 dollar deal. Plus he's 30 now and will be 31 when he's a free agent, and on top of that he is coming off a very poor postseason performance. His value isn't as high as you would think.
    Yo do realize that every player who is the best at thier postion ask for that and hardly any of them get it.. And yes he had a very poor postseason so did alot of people, JV just threw a dud in the world series should they trade him?

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Yo do realize that every player who is the best at thier postion ask for that and hardly any of them get it.. And yes he had a very poor postseason so did alot of people, JV just threw a dud in the world series should they trade him?
    Trading A-Rod after his age 31 season, where he hit 54 HRs and won the MVP would have been unimaginable, just like trading Cano is now, but in order to get A-Rod in his prime, we had to agree to pay him when he was well beyond it.

So, here we are in the same position with Cano, who will hit free agency at age 31. In order to get the rest of Cano's prime years, we're going to have to agree to pay for some years when he's in decline.

Is it worth overpaying someone like A-Rod or Cano when they're in their late 30s to get them in their primes? That's the decision the Yankees have to make. If they decide they're not going to give Cano a long-term deal after next year, then they have to decide whether to trade him now and get what they can from some team that wants to "rent" him for one year or keep him and hope he helps them win a championship in 2013.

vCash
    It has nothing to do with postseason performance. It has to do with potentially paying him a fast salary when he is in his declining years similar to the situation we have with A-Rod right now.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    I don't think they would bite either. They don't seem to have the resources to keep Cano.
    I think they would. They went after Fielder last year, but he didn't want to play in Safeco. I feel like they'd definitely be able to extend Cano.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Cano to the M's for Taijuan Walker and Nick Franklin if only if only

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    Cano to the M's for Taijuan Walker and Nick Franklin if only if only
    ive heard this is what AZ would want for J-Up who i like more (bigger need in RF and younger more upside).

no way on felix.

franklin, ackley, paxton for cano

also a pre-negotiated deal of 8/160 and id be for it.

hurdles- NY concedes to rebuilding, and cano would want to come to seattle.

im surprised, i thought for sure you'd only talk for felix and would try to offer some poo with cano... i actually sense openness to rebuild.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    ive heard this is what AZ would want for J-Up who i like more (bigger need in RF and younger more upside).

no way on felix.

franklin, ackley, paxton for cano

also a pre-negotiated deal of 8/160 and id be for it.

hurdles- NY concedes to rebuilding, and cano would want to come to seattle.

im surprised, i thought for sure you'd only talk for felix and would try to offer some poo with cano... i actually sense openness to rebuild.
    I crossed the lets get Felix bridge awhile ago, with that said If seattle was in on prince why not Cano they have the $ to spend to extend him, I would love to get some young talent in return instead of an old boring team to watch.

If the yankees could get 2 of either Hultzen, Franklin, Ackley, Paxton, Walker

and a lower level guy (Ex Campos) id do it in a heartbeat

New York Yankees

vCash
    I crossed the lets get Felix bridge awhile ago, with that said If seattle was in on prince why not Cano they have the $ to spend to extend him, I would love to get some young talent in return instead of an old boring team to watch.

If the yankees could get 2 of either Hultzen, Franklin, Ackley, Paxton, Walker

and a lower level guy (Ex Campos) id do it in a heartbeat
    if we were the prospective owners a deal could be done.

assuming cano would be on board for 8/160.

i might check the temp on hamilton and upton first.

PS- your right, we do have $ for a big bat, its about whether they'll take it to play here.
    Last edited by Rain City; 10-26-2012 at 11:57 PM.

vCash
    I give the Yankees chances of actually trading Cano at slim to none.

People here keep talking about the money, but how much money is this team going to lose if they trade their one elite bat and go into rebuilding mode, cause thats what they'd be doing. Everyone can talk about getting solid pieces back and thats fine but the bottom line is the Yankees would be rebuilding if they trade Cano. They'd be full of over the hill players or prospects a while away from helping the team.

The team couldn't fill the stadium for the playoffs, do people really believe they could fill it during the regular season with a rebuilding team? I don't think so. Like it or not you can't rebuild in NY, unless you want to turn into the Mets. And the Yankees don't (and can't) need to rebuild, just re-tool this team.

IMO, Cano will be signed and most likely by the end of the contract the team won't be happy with it. But honestly, I'm fine with it. I'm not talking about a ridiculous A-Rod type $300M deal mind you. By the time Cano most likely goes into a big decline there will be no more big contracts on the books.

I dunno, thats my opinion on it. I just really think Cano is the bridge between this current team and the teams future.

vCash
    Grandy and A-Rod better be on their way out.
    ( ) Sign McCann
    ( ) Resign Reynolds
    ( ) Sign one of: Beltran, Ellsbury, Choo
    ( ) Win Bidding/Sign Tanaka
    ( ) Sign Balfour
    ( ) Sign Drew

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    yes he had a bad postseason, but he is still one of the best hitters in baseball. I believe he can stay at that lvl for the next 5 to 6 years, so question is does Cash tell Hall to shut the hell up and resign Cano at the right price 5 years 90mil with vested 18mil option for 2019 based on performance. (which he should) or do we trade him? If u do trade him you would think it would be a package that includes a teams top Sp, 3b, and power hitting Lf prospects. But, i think trading him would be bad! better to trade Hughes for the same package, and Granderson for another top Sp prospect and a Lf or Cf that can fill in. That's my opinion for what it's worth.

vCash

why we won't trade a-fraud

1. 114 mil over 5 years
    2. doesn't make sense to pay another team that much for him to break records and fill seats elsewhere
    3. Who will we blame when things go wrong?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    if we were the prospective owners a deal could be done.

assuming cano would be on board for 8/160.

i might check the temp on hamilton and upton first.

PS- your right, we do have $ for a big bat, its about whether they'll take it to play here.

How would a trade of Cano, Nunez, For Hultzen, Ackley, Franklin.

As an M's fan do you consider that fair value?

New York Yankees

vCash
    How would a trade of Cano, Nunez, For Hultzen, Ackley, Franklin.

As an M's fan do you consider that fair value?
    I think Seattle still needs to kick in another B-level type prospect or higher in that deal. Cano is the undisputed best second baseman and a top 5 WAR player in the entire sport, and is in the prime of his career and we're operating under the assumption he'd sign long term with Seattle. In my mind it would have to be BETTER than the Teixeira haul (Andrus, Neftali Feliz, Matt Harrison, and Jarrod Saltalamacchia) for this to get done. Otherwise he is better suited to help us win a championship in 2013.

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast