Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 672
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,125
    vCash
    1750
    I just can't wait for Bryce Harper in 2015
    Future Ace

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    I just can't wait for Bryce Harper in 2015
    Bryce Harper isn't a FA till 2018

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    Why not move Jeter to 3rd?
    Jeter wouldn't agree to that and why should he?? He's the greatest shortstop ever!!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,005
    vCash
    1500
    I um, I don't get the trade Cano thing... in any facet by any person.

    WTF? He had a bad postseason once. He was 2nd in WAR in a "off" year. Get out of here.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    11,046
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah I don't get the trade cano scenarios either. You guys are getting a little too crazy.


    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    I um, I don't get the trade Cano thing... in any facet by any person.

    WTF? He had a bad postseason once. He was 2nd in WAR in a "off" year. Get out of here.
    It's not about his bad post season. That means nothing. It's about whether it's a smart idea to sign him after next year to a new deal when he hits free agency. He'll be 31 then, and some team (Dodgers?) will make him a 7-8 year offer. If the Yankees don't plan on offering him a similar deal, they should consider trading him while he still has some value.

    Letting Cano go now seems stupid, since he's very productive, but how productive will he be at age 35, 36, 37 when he's making 20-25M a year? Just look at what A-Rod was like at age 31 (54 hr 156 rbi MVP) and compare that to what he was like at age 35 (16 hr 62 rbi missed 60+ games to injury) to appreciate the dilemma.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,005
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    It's not about his bad post season. That means nothing. It's about whether it's a smart idea to sign him after next year to a new deal when he hits free agency. He'll be 31 then, and some team (Dodgers?) will make him a 7-8 year offer. If the Yankees don't plan on offering him a similar deal, they should consider trading him while he still has some value.

    Letting Cano go now seems stupid, since he's very productive, but how productive will he be at age 35, 36, 37 when he's making 20-25M a year? Just look at what A-Rod was like at age 31 (54 hr 156 rbi MVP) and compare that to what he was like at age 35 (16 hr 62 rbi missed 60+ games to injury) to appreciate the dilemma.
    Okay, and I can use the Derek Jeter model in response. But, why are the Yankees finances any of our concerns? By the time your projected decline rolls around, there will be very little, if any salary on the books and what LOOKS to be a wave of youth among position players in Austin, Sanchez, and Williams in the league. So... Cano gets what he wants.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mentally in Hawaii
    Posts
    1,076
    vCash
    1500
    The Yankees goal is to get under $189 by 2014. You will be hard pressed to do it knowing you have to give Cano and possibly Grandy new contracts then, with the massive contracts of Tex and CC already on the books. Plus add in Hughes and Joba coming into contract years as well. The Yanks need financial flexibility and A-rod contract is a burden. Packaging him with Cano (like the trade proposal for Reyes and prospects) makes a lot of sense to me. Like how the Sux rid Crawford and Becketts contract by giving up A-Gon in the process. Plus, watching through A-Rod now only reminds you never to give 7-8 year contracts at 200 million or more to a player pass 31, no matter how good he is now (of course, you can overlook A-rod now).

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    22,772
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    I um, I don't get the trade Cano thing... in any facet by any person.

    WTF? He had a bad postseason once. He was 2nd in WAR in a "off" year. Get out of here.
    It has nothing to do with the postseason. The point is he is aiming to get a 10 year contract....the Yankees would be foolish to give him anything over 6 years. 6 years is even pushing it in my opinion.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Okay, and I can use the Derek Jeter model in response. But, why are the Yankees finances any of our concerns? By the time your projected decline rolls around, there will be very little, if any salary on the books and what LOOKS to be a wave of youth among position players in Austin, Sanchez, and Williams in the league. So... Cano gets what he wants.
    I'm pretty sure the Yankees will not take a "Cano gets what he wants" approach, especially since they're seeing first hand with A-Rod how bad these long-term deals can turn out as players age.

    You can use the "Derek Jeter model" in response, but there are way more 38 year olds who are ineffective (or retired) than there are guys putting up numbers like Jeter did at that age. I would bet against anyone being as good as Jeter is at age 38 and win most of those bets.

    The only reason to care about the Yankees finances is because they only have a certain amount they're going to spend on players and if they spend it on players who are in decline, we're going to be watching teams that are less and less competitive.

    Austin, Sanchez, and Williams aren't even within sniffing distance of the majors yet. Maybe one or two of them will get there, maybe none of them will. The lesson of the "killer B's" is that until prospects actually show up in New York and contribute, you can't count on them doing so.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    It has nothing to do with the postseason. The point is he is aiming to get a 10 year contract....the Yankees would be foolish to give him anything over 6 years. 6 years is even pushing it in my opinion.
    If Cano gets a 6 year (or longer) deal, I guarantee you that by year 5 we'll be discussing how we can dump his contract on the Marlins (or some other team), the same way we're talking about A-Rod now.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,951
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    I just can't wait for Bryce Harper in 2015
    Don't you mean 2025?
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

    - Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    1,769
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post
    Okay, and I can use the Derek Jeter model in response. But, why are the Yankees finances any of our concerns? By the time your projected decline rolls around, there will be very little, if any salary on the books and what LOOKS to be a wave of youth among position players in Austin, Sanchez, and Williams in the league. So... Cano gets what he wants.

    yes. if the yankees do absolutely nothing for the next five years, there wont be any salary on the books.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    22,772
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    If Cano gets a 6 year (or longer) deal, I guarantee you that by year 5 we'll be discussing how we can dump his contract on the Marlins (or some other team), the same way we're talking about A-Rod now.
    Without question. The Yankees need to break away from this tendency to agree to this long term deals with having no regard with how that player will perform towards the end of the contract.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,533
    vCash
    1500
    I think cano is excellent but I'd love to see if we can pull off an untypical Yankee deal like cano for 4/5 young studs.

    I'd like to know what that's like.

    How's Cano nova hughes and Arod to Miami for:

    Reyes
    Josh
    Stanton

    Boom!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day



    BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •