would you guys do:

Marlins get:
    -Alex Rodriguez
    -Ivan Nova
    -Eduardo Nunez

Yankees get:
    -Mark Buehrle
    -Jose Reyes

saw it on ESPN.com in a video where andrew marchand mentions this deal.
    Pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks=love View Post
    would you guys do:

Marlins get:
    -Alex Rodriguez
    -Ivan Nova
    -Eduardo Nunez

Yankees get:
    -Mark Buehrle
    -Jose Reyes

And where would Reyes play??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Pass.
    You have to take that deal. It makes the Yankees better. The Yankees basically loose useless players and gain far better ones

vCash
    Depends. How much are we still going to owe Arod? Where does Reyes play?

I might make the deal.

vCash
    I've been thinking, and I haven't heard this before. It is a trade and I know multiple people have had their own trades but this one, I think, is interesting.

A trade with the twins.

We get: Mauer, Span
    We give up: Arod, Phelps, Nova, Warren, Adams

The Twins want to get rid of Mauers contract. With swapping with ARod We save them 1 year and 28 milloin dollars ( 6 years and 140 compared to 5 years 118). It also allows them to keep a big name to sell some tickets at their stadium. I don't know if Arod would be willing to go but thats a different story.

The Twins want young pitching and Phelps, Warren, Nova are exactly that. I realize that greatly diminishes our Major league ready pitching, which we need to keep ourpayroll low, but its a trade off. Adams, if we sign Cano long term, will not have a hole to come up into so he is expendable, again depending on long term plan.

Span comes in and is inserted into the outfield, and fills that spot. Mauer fills the C position, and we bring up A young catcher to fill in because I know Mauer can nopt play catcher for a majority of the season, its a good way to bring a guy up.

This is just something I thought about when I saw that Mauer was put on waivers earlier. I also realize that there will probably be a team out there that will take on almost all of Mauers contract with out sending a lot of cantract back to the Twins. What do you guys think.

vCash
    no way A-Rod is going anywhere especially the twins lol

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Yea i figured, just wanted to throw it out there though.

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by knicks=love View Post
    would you guys do:

Marlins get:
    -Alex Rodriguez
    -Ivan Nova
    -Eduardo Nunez

Yankees get:
    -Mark Buehrle
    -Jose Reyes

I would take this deal, if no money changes hands and then I would move Granderson for young pitching and retain Ichiro. Then by moving Gardner to CF, you have option of using either Reyes at 3B or LF or Jeter in LF or DH.

The Yankees replace Nova with Buerhle in the current rotation and also have another couple of prospects when his contract expires. Reyes replaces A-Rod in the lineup with more speed and batting average.

This plan gets rid of non-contact hitters A-Rod and Granderson and since you lost Swisher to Free Agency that's about 70 HRs and you likely only have 20 from Reyes and Ichiro, so you may need to keep Ibanez around or pick up another player, maybe a Cody Ross or better, so you can get another 20 HRs as a stop gap, until 2014 when you go after a premium free agent outfielder.

vCash
    Theres no way jeter or reyes will move to left field.

vCash
    reyes would probably play third until jeter retired. that's my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theciveng View Post
    I've been thinking, and I haven't heard this before. It is a trade and I know multiple people have had their own trades but this one, I think, is interesting.

A trade with the twins.

We get: Mauer, Span
    We give up: Arod, Phelps, Nova, Warren, Adams

The Twins want to get rid of Mauers contract. With swapping with ARod We save them 1 year and 28 milloin dollars ( 6 years and 140 compared to 5 years 118). It also allows them to keep a big name to sell some tickets at their stadium. I don't know if Arod would be willing to go but thats a different story.

The Twins want young pitching and Phelps, Warren, Nova are exactly that. I realize that greatly diminishes our Major league ready pitching, which we need to keep ourpayroll low, but its a trade off. Adams, if we sign Cano long term, will not have a hole to come up into so he is expendable, again depending on long term plan.

Span comes in and is inserted into the outfield, and fills that spot. Mauer fills the C position, and we bring up A young catcher to fill in because I know Mauer can nopt play catcher for a majority of the season, its a good way to bring a guy up.

This is just something I thought about when I saw that Mauer was put on waivers earlier. I also realize that there will probably be a team out there that will take on almost all of Mauers contract with out sending a lot of cantract back to the Twins. What do you guys think.
    All you have to do is explain why you think ARod would want to play in Minnesota?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    I take that Miami deal.

Put Reyes or Jeter at 2b and trade cano for a kings ransom.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JdKing7 View Post
    Theres no way jeter or reyes will move to left field.
    I was suggesting options, which would then include LF, if Jeter could not come back fully enough from his ankle injury to play SS.

The best scenario is probably Reyes at 3B, but what happens, if instead of a young star OF, a young star 3B becomes available a year later?

There's no way that Miguel Cabrera ever becomes available, but what about if Evan Longoria or Hanley Ramirez or Aramis Ramirez or David Wright or Pablo Sandoval or Edwin Encarnation or Brett Lawrie or Ryan Zimmerman or Chase Headley, etc. is available and the Yankees can get them? Someone else is going to LF. Of course that is predicated on the first transaction occurring this year.

vCash
    Why not move Jeter to 3rd?
    Future Ace

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast