Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post

How are all her opponents undersized? She's fighting at the same weight as them. If we think Rousey is too big for the weight, we can look at plenty of guys in almost every UFC division and claim they're too big for the weight, despite making that weight.
    I disagree, I'm not with the notion that "If you make weight it's fair game", never have been. There are clearly fighters in a division that hold a significant weight and strength advantage over others. It's legal but I can't give too much credit for that. Especially in women's division. Cyborg is like that, she makes 145, she enters the ring at probably like 155 or 160 and you can see the size advantage. Same thing with Ronda, she's clearly way bigger than the other 135 lbers.

That's not really the point. The point is the women just do not display the level of skill of the men, that's just the truth. The main problem like steelcityroller said is it takes up space on cards.

vCash
    Like most everyone else I wouldnt be happy with it on the main card. There is not enough depth, we would see the same fights every year. Maybe in a few years i will change my opinion but for now its fine where its at.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind Cyborg vs. Rousey as maybe the opening fight on a PPV but nothing more than that. Put the rest of them on Fuel cards, and not as headliners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    I disagree, I'm not with the notion that "If you make weight it's fair game", never have been. There are clearly fighters in a division that hold a significant weight and strength advantage over others. It's legal but I can't give too much credit for that. Especially in women's division. Cyborg is like that, she makes 145, she enters the ring at probably like 155 or 160 and you can see the size advantage. Same thing with Ronda, she's clearly way bigger than the other 135 lbers.

That's not really the point. The point is the women just do not display the level of skill of the men, that's just the truth. The main problem like steelcityroller said is it takes up space on cards.

Jon Jones is clearly bigger than the vast majority of the guys he fights.

As for the level of skill concept, if we're really worried about skill level, we should scrap heavy weight, save for maybe 5 or 6 guys.

vCash
    I'm all for the move, but only if the UFC endorses several women's fights on main cards. I don't think women's fights will make a majority of main cards, but they will from time to time and it's refreshing to watch.

The championship fights everyone wants will make great co-main events and I wouldn't mind some of the lesser fights in more saturated divisions falling to the under card.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McFlurry View Post
    Like most everyone else I wouldnt be happy with it on the main card. There is not enough depth, we would see the same fights every year. Maybe in a few years i will change my opinion but for now its fine where its at.
    I dont have a problem with them being on the main card on televised cards. I just don't think they belong on a ppv with the exception of a few matchups.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I dont have a problem with them being on the main card on televised cards. I just don't think they belong on a ppv with the exception of a few matchups.
    Main card on tv makes sense but i just dont think i would want to pay for it on a ppv card. Again, maybe my opinion will change but outside of RR vs Cyborg is there really another womens fight that should be a co main event?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post

So should everyone just fight at there original weight or fight in the division up? I'm just curious what your solution would be to make it fair game?

vCash
    Main card on tv makes sense but i just dont think i would want to pay for it on a ppv card. Again, maybe my opinion will change but outside of RR vs Cyborg is there really another womens fight that should be a co main event?
    Davis / Kaufman was an incredible fight. It was as good as most PPV fights.

vCash
    It was a very good fight but they have fought twice already i believe, so would you like to see a third? Im just saying I would like more depth before making this move and keeping it on televised events would be ideal for me. Im sure depth will come with time though so we will see how this plays out.

vCash
    It was a very good fight but they have fought twice already i believe, so would you like to see a third? Im just saying I would like more depth before making this move and keeping it on televised events would be ideal for me. Im sure depth will come with time though so we will see how this plays out.
    I'm just pointing out that women are more than capable of having good, entertaining fights. I'm not saying they need to main event cards. But honestly, I see no reason that a fight between 2 of the top 6 or 7 women 135ers couldn't slide onto a PPV card. It's not as though every fight on every PPV main card is something incredible. If Matt Hamill and Roger Hollet can be on a main card, why not a fight between Tate and Carmouche?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I'm just pointing out that women are more than capable of having good, entertaining fights. I'm not saying they need to main event cards. But honestly, I see no reason that a fight between 2 of the top 6 or 7 women 135ers couldn't slide onto a PPV card. It's not as though every fight on every PPV main card is something incredible. If Matt Hamill and Roger Hollet can be on a main card, why not a fight between Tate and Carmouche?

this. i like watching the women kick the crap out of each other. some of their fights r way more entertaining then some of the men's fights i've seen lately.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    Dana wasn't joking, women fighting in the UFC, it's now a reality.

Ronda Rousey Becomes 1st Female Fighter to Join UFC

Ronda Rousey just made MMA history ... becoming the very first female fighter to join the UFC ... TMZ has learned.

Rousey -- a former U.S. Olympian -- has officially joined Dana White's MMA organization ... and automatically becomes the 135 lb women's champion.

We're told 25-year-old Ronda will defend her title in 2013 -- possible opponents include Sara McMann, Cris Cyborg and rival Miesha Tate.
    -----

vCash
    I don't like that she automatically becomes the first UFC Women's Champion without having won a single fight in the organization. They have never done that for any other new divisions.

vCash
    It's sells though...

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.