42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boston Celtics

39 92.86%
  • Miami Heat

3 7.14%
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Havent missed a game since pierce was drafted. Good effort.
    You were born in 1990 according to your profile. Pierce was drafted in 1998. You were 8. Good effort.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    You were born in 1990 according to your profile. Pierce was drafted in 1998. You were 8. Good effort.
    You never watched sports when you were a kid? I started watching football at age 6. At age 8-9 I never missed a football game unless I had to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    Well aware of when Paul Pierce was drafted.

Also completely aware of where he played college, because I lived in Kansas at the time.

And yes, I've seen every Celtics game since Paul Pierce was drafted.

Thank you, come again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goshhhjosh View Post
    Season's over, life's over, Celtics might as well go for the #1 pick, Doc sucks, etc.
    Bingo
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    There were far more positives to take out of this game, than negatives.

People always forget that this is a marathon and not a sprint. I can guarantee that this team will look NOTHING like it did last night at the end of the season heading into the playoffs.
    For sure. Barbosa looked great, for one. Rondo played well, Pierce looks to be in great shape early. Lee looked great on both ends. Bass quietly had a great game. Offensively, we were fine.

Lots of things to work out defensively, though...but **** happens against the best team in the NBA. Ray was the real killer, but with Avery out with the injury our perimeter defense takes a big hit. If Avery were healthy, Lee likely would have been on Ray a majority of his minutes instead of Terry/Barbosa/small amount of Lee, which would definitely help us

vCash

For sure. Barbosa looked great, for one. Rondo played well, Pierce looks to be in great shape early. Lee looked great on both ends. Bass quietly had a great game. Offensively, we were fine.

Lots of things to work out defensively, though...but **** happens against the best team in the NBA. Ray was the real killer, but with Avery out with the injury our perimeter defense takes a big hit. If Avery were healthy, Lee likely would have been on Ray a majority of his minutes instead of Terry/Barbosa/small amount of Lee, which would definitely help us
    My opinion pretty much.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2012

vCash

All of these are great points, and some great signs going forward. Our defense definately needs some work, but I attribute that more to chemisty and integrating new players as the season progresses.

The one thing I didn't see in this game that I'm still waiting on is our low post game. KG can only do so much down there, so throughout the season some other guys are going to have to step up on the block... Some names that come to mind are Rondo, Sullinger and Green. If we can establish a low post early on in games, its going to open up alot of things for us offensively (3pt shots, mainly) and give us some opportunities to play a little more aggressive on the defensive end since we won't be defending fast breaks every time we miss a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    All of these are great points, and some great signs going forward. Our defense definately needs some work, but I attribute that more to chemisty and integrating new players as the season progresses.

The one thing I didn't see in this game that I'm still waiting on is our low post game. KG can only do so much down there, so throughout the season some other guys are going to have to step up on the block... Some names that come to mind are Rondo, Sullinger and Green. If we can establish a low post early on in games, its going to open up alot of things for us offensively (3pt shots, mainly) and give us some opportunities to play a little more aggressive on the defensive end since we won't be defending fast breaks every time we miss a shot.
    don't forget darko

vCash
    Havent missed a game since pierce was drafted. Good effort.
    I didnt question that, nice try..

vCash
    Sully, Terry, and Green were disappointments for me last night.

Barbosa did what Terry was supposed to do. Green looked awkward all night. Sully was a complete non factor.

Barbosa was the only player that was a positive +/- last night. He was awesome.

vCash
    Who cares when who watched a sports game or has started watching the Celtics. This isn't the Miami Heat where most of the "Heat fans" started watching basketball recently.

Discuss things that matter instead of looking up when people were born (little creepy) and discuss the basketball game or the Celtics. This isn't a forum to prove one's fanhood.

vCash

Barbosa did what Terry was supposed to do. Green looked awkward all night. Sully was a complete non factor.

Can't really give Sullinger a complete grade, but I agree with the other two. Terry just couldn't get his shot to go down. Green disappointed me but I'm not really surprised he played the way he did last night. He probably had some jitters from not playing a real game in a year and a half. Especially seeing that it was against the defending champions too didn't help it.

vCash
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lDHYLXXPmb...hirt-rondo.jpg

But yeah. Rondo had that stupid tech and flagrant but played pretty good other than that, KG was pretty much a non factor on offense (it was clear that the Celtics were even worse on defense when he was off). Green played like total crap, Terry didn't do anything either.

It didn't help that everyone from the heat were hitting 3's, and last second 3's at that.

Oh well, it's going to be a long season, lets not get too worried about one game

vCash
    Terry had 8 points in his first 11 minutes, and no points in his final 14. I think he needs to get 30 minutes per game, rather than 25. If he consistently gets 30, he will score in double digits every night for us.

The worrisome thing was he would have received even less minutes if Lee wasn't in foul trouble. He wasn't rotated in at what would have been his normal times, especially in the 2nd half.

Green looked very emotional in a pregame interview, so I think he tried too hard or was caught up in the emotions of his first game back. Hopefully, he'll be fine going forward.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    don't forget darko
    I don't envision Doc drawing up many post-ups for Darko all that often but I could be wrong.
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash

I can't agree with Sully, since it was of course his first NBA regular season ofhis career. He was destined to fail from the second Doc brought him in in the first quarter as the first man off the bench against the defending champions trying to man the paint against a line-up including Wade - Lebron - Bosh. Sully needs experience, not Lebron coming 85mph at his face in order to develop

I can agree with the other two, more so Jeff Green. He is our X-factor vs any teams with size and speed. Terry simply had an off shooting night (we saw plenty of those with Ray Allen also). But Jeff Green needs to be aggressive, especially against second unit players like Rashard Lewis, Haslem and even Battier. I'll give him a pass since it was his first real NBA game in over a year but he's gotta show me aggressiveness going forward.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast