42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boston Celtics

39 92.86%
  • Miami Heat

3 7.14%
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Award voting determines the better player?

Rondo was tallied higher than Wade, Dirk, Rose and Westbrook...Does that mean he's better than them?
    No, but it definitely shows who the best player on a team is when one gets votes, the other doesn't.

Every player on that list was the best player on their team.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    We would have won if I watched the game **** YOU SANDY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Rondo finished 8th in MVP voting last year out of 15 players in the league. Garnett wasn't on the list. Case in point proving why you have to watch games and go above and beyond the stats to realize true skills in a player.
    How many actually voted for Rondo BTW? And what was his percentage? His percentage was .01 - that reads as "one hundreth". Yeah - I'm convinced. Oh yeah, the year before it reads "4 thousandts". Yeah. That says it all.

The problem with the MVP voting is some voters listen to too much buzz and vote off of that. KG easily outplayed RR last year, it's not even open to serious debate. Even PP played better then RR last year. But KG's day as a MVP are done and PP never had his day, and both are passe in terms of being "hot", "new", "exciting" players. So, throw in that "assist" title and some flashy games on National TV.

Did you forget the list I came up with from early this year? For every great game he had in the regular season he had an equal amount of horrible games. The past two years he's been far too erratic to be get any MVP votes - although he has. These last two years are for what he did the prior two years when he waas better. But I guess you missed that - although one wonders how anybody watching the games on TV - which follows the ball slavishly, and every slobbering word Tommy or Gorman utter - could arrive at fair and equitable view of what actually happened. Only if one strives to be objective is that possible. Compared to baseball and football the objectivity at fan sites (not just this one) and broadcasts for basketball is woeful.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 10-31-2012 at 08:07 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    He still got votes and KG didn't.

Leandro Barbosa getting early votes for Celtics MVP this year.

vCash
    The best thing that can happen is for game #2 to get here as soon as possible.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne:24133196
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Rondo finished 8th in MVP voting last year out of 15 players in the league. Garnett wasn't on the list. Case in point proving why you have to watch games and go above and beyond the stats to realize true skills in a player.
    nooo! corey does not need to watch games, all he needs is his stats and he can analyse every player perfectly and tell us the whole story, because stats tell us everything!
    Havent missed a game since pierce was drafted. Good effort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers:24133341
    He still got votes and KG didn't. .
    So TP is better than Rondo, right? I mean, he did finish higher in MVP voting..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    So TP is better than Rondo, right? I mean, he did finish higher in MVP voting..
    There are a lot of people who say he is, yes. However, it does show TP was the best player on his team.

vCash
    Jeff Green looked timid, and Jason Terry wasn't his "Heat killer" self last night either. But once these two get integrated fully, the Celtics bench is going to have plenty of nights where they simply just infuse the necessary energy that can get you guys rolling when you get off to slow starts(common in the NBA).

Barbosa was a killer. We had no answer for him. Great pickup for you guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteBO:24133576
    Jeff Green looked timid, and Jason Terry wasn't his "Heat killer" self last night either. But once these two get integrated fully, the Celtics bench is going to have plenty of nights where they simply just infuse the necessary energy that can get you guys rolling when you get off to slow starts(common in the NBA).

Barbosa was a killer. We had no answer for him. Great pickup for you guys.
    That has been Greens problem his whole career. He's inconsistent and not aggressive as often as he could be. He also can't go left to save his life, so if you take away his drive to the right, he's just a mediocre jump shooter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    We would have won if I watched the game **** YOU SANDY!
    LOL I feel the same way when i miss a game or go out to smoke and come back in and the other team has gone on a run.

I dont know what was going with Green last night he just seemed like his head was not in it. KG just looked slow to me on rotations and couldnt get into a offensive rhythm. Terry just looked like he was running around with no purpose. It might take a few more weeks to see the team start to come together on D but i think it will eventually.

vCash
    Geez guys. Lots of new moving parts. Don't judge the cake while it's been in the oven for 3 minutes.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Season's over, life's over, Celtics might as well go for the #1 pick, Doc sucks, etc.

vCash
    Why does everyone bi*** so much for? It's unreal anymore.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    There were far more positives to take out of this game, than negatives.

People always forget that this is a marathon and not a sprint. I can guarantee that this team will look NOTHING like it did last night at the end of the season heading into the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast