Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Your Favorite Prospects and some details .

Figured with all the draft talk and speculation coming up and the draft a ways away we could all start listing a few guys not constantly talked about by us already like X Rhodes CB , but guys you're hoping we(the New York giants) would look into to draft at said position for whatever reason you feel ( start now, replace someone next season ect ect).

Ill start

CB-Desmond Trufant - he's the younger brother of Marcus and isaih trufant , he just needs to fix his tackling and obviously prove he can play in the nfl but I think he could be a nice mid round pick.

OLB-Khaseem Green - he is a smaller lber but really is similar to boley and has rare athleticism and agility for an olb ,with boley getting old and green possibly going all the way to the 4th he could provide some good value especially with boleys injury history.

HB-Montee Ball or Lacy - just another back for when DW or AB get hurt (hopefully just AB). Would wait for the 3rd round minimum if we even bothered to pick a RB before the 7th/undrafted.

Again a late or undrafted guy at HB in Robbie Rouse - he's almost 5-7 if his 40 time improves a little more (4.52) he could be used like Darren sproles , solid practice squad/preseason try out guy.

CB-Branden Smith - raw athleticism with some discipline issues could go into the 5th-6th rounds and could be a starter if he cleans up his game and decision making on plays.

Also intriguing just by size are CB poyer and FS Reid .

There's plenty of ppl to talk about and plenty of ways to get them without trades just mention who you think we should aim for and well discuss maybe someone nails a few picks that turn out to be studs on our team and well have it listed here as well..

1st round I'd like to see bpa maybe EZ the DE or of course X Rhodes the Cb .

vCash
    If Lacy stayed another year at school he could have been a top 20 pick, if they let go of Bradshaw Lacy would be a perfect match with Wilson.

Ball is a all around back, could be another good matching to go along with Wilson.

Green I've watched a lot, he is all over the field every game. Has a unbelievable motor and will bring a lot more toughness to a defense. He is a perfect match for us IMO..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    If Lacy stayed another year at school he could have been a top 20 pick, if they let go of Bradshaw Lacy would be a perfect match with Wilson.

Ball is a all around back, could be another good matching to go along with Wilson.

Green I've watched a lot, he is all over the field every game. Has a unbelievable motor and will bring a lot more toughness to a defense. He is a perfect match for us IMO..
    Think we could or would cut AB ..his injuries are a problem and DW is better , cheaper and a 3rd down RB can be signed at like vet min if we still not trust DW to protect Eli.

I think your right about Lacey but f I'm him I leave for the nfl as well bc wearn tear suddenly means too much to scouts and if he ever got hurt.. Poor clowney dues a monster but has to wait and just kill ppl net year lol.

vCash
    Xavier Rhodes...potential shutdown corner who I want for our Defense to have, either him or Sheldon Richardson with his high motor...what a beast, and then there's the Honey Badger....
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    Xavier Rhodes...potential shutdown corner who I want for our Defense to have, either him or Sheldon Richardson with his high motor...what a beast, and then there's the Honey Badger....
    Love Rhodes I think we all do lol and I think we're all hoping the hi ey badger becomes a steal for us ..who knows we should look into him personally as a team and see if we can get his act together regardless of how good he looks ATM he could just be rusty..

Richardson or any DT if needed in the 1st idk if Jerry does it as we have so many DTS and canty should be good this year. But while he sounds great something about him just bugs me like he has the talent but won't pan out idk just a gut feeling so I can't argue that he's not worth a pick or a great prospect .

vCash
    With the draft being so deep at CB (I just listed a bunch easily 8 on another page without meaning to go so far , that we could grab that could be studs in our system ) I sorta feel we take the BPA. At a need as we always do of course but I. An order more like ..

OT(Beatty can change this) , DE (lack of them in the draft plus lack of vets for cheap and losing osi , tuck declining ect ect) , LB(any lb lol we need all 3 with no true MLB , boley losing okay time and his injuries plus kiwi if replaced could be a great DE if we needed that..he'd add depth at 2 positions again without wearing him out.)

With the possibility of our needs and the drafts offerings we may end up taking a DE or OLB first a CB or even WR second CB or Oline 3rd and bpa from there on out .

I want 2 DBS with the height and raw talent of some of these guys plus some will fall I believe we can get a steal or 2 at db (maybe a safety and CB maybe 2 CBS ) giving us tremendous depth at CB ..with height and speed .

I really like some RBs I had overlooked as well thanks to (forgot his name) a fellow poster pointing out E Lacey and m ball aren't the only RBs that can be great..

RB-Marcus Lattimore and Giovanni Bernard can be gems and K Barner is a burner we could try and do something with in the later rounds .

vCash
    Olbs- sio Moore , ogletree, Sean Porter , maybe B. Jenkins (3-4 4-3 guy with injury concerns but maybe a kiwi styled guy if we can build him? ) , K Green , Z.Gooden is interesting mix of former safety athletic lb he just needs to learn to block shedd better and he could be a great replacement for boley .

That was in no order as sio Moore isn't going ahead of Ogletree or green.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    Btw what do you think of Rhodes compared to the rest of the DBS , I agree I think he's a great CB and could fill in for Cwebb next year leaving prince and Hosley to develop this year at their permanent positions ..

But we have Cwebb and that would mean Rhodes a lucky to get CB for us and our 1st rounder who we need production out of if it was another position (though depth never hurts and dime situations he'd help plus injuries) he'd really be just riding the bench while Cwebb gets burned ...

We could draft a CB next year to replace Cwebb though its not my favorite way to go jr seems to wait until its a high priority need to draft ppl for positions like this example ..cwebbs not who he use to be and is on his way out , we need a CB anyway for depth and starter next year .. But he'll take a de or WR (kinda like Allen or EZ for those positions though lol ) .

You ink Rhodes will be able to get us to change how we've always drafted ..BPA mixed with a little need (when did we replace toomer , plax, Steve smith..Mario was the 1st one and it was second round ..when's we replace any good lb ! Lol ..and we need to replace osi .)

We should be looking to develop guys from last years and this years draft to replace AB (check) a third WR (check) , CWEBB , osi , kiwi possibly KP/brown/Beatty, ...nope ..didn't do it ..oh and tuck even.

Point is with cap problems we need to do it all threw the draft and I just feel like we've cornered ourselves with some eh drafts and the vet 1st philosophy to the point where this has to be a perfect draft and offseason if we want to be good again..

We need safety depth , CB depth , boley/tuck/osi/kiwi/maybe some others. Replacements , we need maybe a TE and should want a RB like Lattimore Lacey ect to compliment Dw as AB is done pretty much for us .

I don't like the outlook of our team ..we have nicks , JPP , assuming Cruz, rolle , prince , Hosley , RR,DW and a few others to build around..

Meanwhile Eli is 32-33 how many more years do we have to win a Super Bowl without a total rebukd(losing QB getting a new one ..we all know the pain this can cause lol) .

We are in win now mode .. But we keep drafting for the future ..we'll have a new hc and QB sooner than we think(4 years could be it for both ..less maybe for coughlin maybe 5 for Eli but will he have a decline that is noticiable and detrimental?).

Win now ...we need the guys now , cap room now to get them and the right picks/moves .. Idk if we're heading in that direction though we're not a bad team and have pieces well struggle if we don't draft properly and keep letting vets play over rookies like AB over DW .

vCash
    Not going to lie.. ^ I did not read a word of that sloppy sloppy all over the place writing that has and always takes place in your posts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Not going to lie.. ^ I did not read a word of that sloppy sloppy all over the place writing that has and always takes place in your posts.
    Asked how Rhodes compares to the rest of the DBS to you . If we were drafting a db would you want to grab Rhodes or wait to the 2nd or later for guys like trufant,honey badger ect for a db and grab a stud player in the 1st like Olgetree/whoever you like in the 1st and get better value while still grabbing players we need . OR IS RHODES THAT GOOD TO YOU THAT YOU CAN'T LET HIM PASS(maybe we trade down while he's at our pick so we can draft more players ).

There's a ton more but you won't read and that's fine though I wish I could write a simple post for u seriously so we could have an actual draft and prospect convo .

I'm not trying to antagonize over the net nor am I attacking or not understanding where you're coming from though idk what you want me to do . Try editing one of those posts I guess and ill go from there .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    Asked how Rhodes compares to the rest of the DBS to you . If we were drafting a db would you want to grab Rhodes or wait to the 2nd or later for guys like trufant,honey badger ect for a db and grab a stud player in the 1st like Olgetree/whoever you like in the 1st and get better value while still grabbing players we need . OR IS RHODES THAT GOOD TO YOU THAT YOU CAN'T LET HIM PASS(maybe we trade down while he's at our pick so we can draft more players ).

There's a ton more but you won't read and that's fine though I wish I could write a simple post for u seriously so we could have an actual draft and prospect convo .

I'm not trying to antagonize over the net nor am I attacking or not understanding where you're coming from though idk what you want me to do . Try editing one of those posts I guess and ill go from there .
    I would love to have a conversational debate with you about draft prospects. It's just hard when you don't really separate your ideas or sentences. Not that I can't go through all of it. It's just honestly a pain in the ***.

I would like too see the team draft the best player available at the needed position.

So if the best player available is a CB, and we need a CB; then take the CB. Best talent of a positional need at the pick.

vCash
    I would love to have a conversational debate with you about draft prospects. It's just hard when you don't really separate your ideas or sentences. Not that I can't go through all of it. It's just honestly a pain in the ***.

I would like too see the team draft the best player available at the needed position.

So if the best player available is a CB, and we need a CB; then take the CB. Best talent of a positional need at the pick.
    Fair enough but would you cut Cwebb if we got the best CB ? Do you want Rhodes or is there another CB in mind?

I'm hoping for trufant which should allow us to grab another position of need like olb or de in the 1st round .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    Fair enough but would you cut Cwebb if we got the best CB ? Do you want Rhodes or is there another CB in mind?

I'm hoping for trufant which should allow us to grab another position of need like olb or de in the 1st round .
    I don't see the point in cutting Cweb, his contract is guaranteed and it's his last year..its a 6.75 million dollar cap hit(7 million salary..guaranteed).

I still think he can be a solid #2. Problem is the giants usually just play sides. So some plays Cweb could be on 1, then a few plays he could be on 2..that need's to change.

The Giants defense has been a pass rush defensive not giving the QB a lot of time to throw the ball, since the pass rush wasn't really there this year..and teams were able to run against us, it opened up a lot of play action pass.

It also gave the QB more time and it exposed Cweb on the outside. Part of the blame has to be put on the coaches, the scheme is garbage. If the pass rush isn't working then you need to give more safety help over the top too a guy like Cweb who is slowing down with age/injuries.

I do believe they should draft another CB this year. Prince has show glimpses when healthy that he can be a possible number one CB on the team. Hosley is still young and maybe he steps up.

I really just want the giants to draft the best player available at the time of their pick..with a position of need being filled. So if Rhodes is the best player available at 19, and we need a CB(which we do; this is Cweb's last year) then draft him. If he's taken and there is a stud OT there, then take the OT. It really is going to depend on what teams 1-18 do.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 01-25-2013 at 07:15 PM.

vCash
    Ogletree
    Warmack
    Lane Johnson
    Rhodes
    Okafor
    Ansah
    Sheldon Richardson

all guys I would like at #19

vCash
    It's definitely hard to read at times, but he does have solid points...

Joker try to keep it shorter, separate your points. I'm not a good writer either.. That's why I do the (...) and start new lines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast