Week 8: New Orleans Saints (2-4) @ Denver Broncos (3-3) 10/28 SNF

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
    vs.
    DENVER BRONCOS

QB.........RB...........WR...........DEF

October 28
    8:20 PM EST

vCash
    I need my streak to keep going..need you to win Denver.

vCash
    While some may believe this "should be a win"..this is actually a very difficult game. The Saints pretty much replicate the Pats offensively. They have all the problems that we are vulnerable to...I'm not sure how we're going to handle them..

vCash
    If the Broncos can avoid these early mistakes and slow starts, I'm pretty optimistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    While some may believe this "should be a win"..this is actually a very difficult game. The Saints pretty much replicate the Pats offensively. They have all the problems that we are vulnerable to...I'm not sure how we're going to handle them..
    I am really glad to hear this. I think the Broncos are getting better as the season goes along. So, taking that combined with some things from the Pats game:

1. The McGahee dropped pass on 4th & 1
    2. His fumble in the red zone
    3. DT's fumble
    4. The 3rd & 17 conversion by Woodhead
    5. Generally poor against the run

....the Pats game could have had a different outcome. Therefore, it sounds like this will be a true test of my belief that the Broncos are getter and we shall see if they play better and have less mistakes.

Maybe I am just drinking orange kool-aid, but I am looking forward to finding out.

vCash
    I think this could be the toughest game that we have left on our schedule, I know Baltimore is tough but Flacco is no Brees and Baltimores D is really hurting now. I think we can win but it is going to be tough.. This game scares me!!!

vCash
    This game worries me. This, and just about every game from here on out is a must win for the Saints. They make you pay if you turn the ball over, which could end bad for us. I expect Manning and the offense to have a big day, but I think the running game will be big. Maybe Hillman breaks off a long run? Hopefully. I think McGahee has a big game though.

This is probably our 2nd toughest opponent left on the schedule. Luckily it's at home. After this, excluding the Ravens game, we have a very favorable schedule left. With the Patriots struggling and the Ravens defense a mess right now, (I might be a little optimistic when I say this) we have a chance to take a top 2 seed giving us a bye and at least one home game.

Have to get pressure on Brees and take away the screen. Jimmy Graham might not play, although I expect him to. If Graham is 100% he'll go off for 100+. I'd like to see a big game from Porter, or in other words just don't get beat deep.

As I stated above I expect a big game from the running game, which should eventually lead to DT having a big game deep.

I do expect us to come away with this game at home, but I'd be lying if I said this game doesn't worry me. I'd love to see our first game with no TO's.

vCash
    Go Broncos
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    I am really glad to hear this. I think the Broncos are getting better as the season goes along. So, taking that combined with some things from the Pats game:

1. The McGahee dropped pass on 4th & 1
    2. His fumble in the red zone
    3. DT's fumble
    4. The 3rd & 17 conversion by Woodhead
    5. Generally poor against the run

....the Pats game could have had a different outcome. Therefore, it sounds like this will be a true test of my belief that the Broncos are getter and we shall see if they play better and have less mistakes.

Maybe I am just drinking orange kool-aid, but I am looking forward to finding out.
    I'm intrigued to find out as well but I'm also very worried because we have had an innate ability to **** up a couple of times in these type of games. I believe the bye week came at a perfect time..so everybody is rested and the scheme should be stronger and we should be FOCUSED.

Saints first in passing offense. 3rd in scoring. 2nd in the league in converting 3rd downs.

It's either going to be a blow out or a shoot-out.

vCash
    Can we get a Ronnie Hillman break out game please?? I mean seriously..I've been dying to see this kid break out a couple of home run balls..

instead I've been stuck with the checkdown to McGahee...and no hate towards McGahee but man it's hard to watch him with open space and run..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I dont really agree with this that much. They do pass down the field the Pats dont. They throw the check down more than anyone I know so that part is kinda Patish. But Brees does not run a hurry up. IMO that was the main reason the Pats beat us. They do have a monster TE a good WR and Sproles. One thing is they are from sea level have fun trying to play against the Broncos hurry up a mile high.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    I think it's going to come down to the wire but we get the win 34-30. We used to be one of the best teams coming off a bye lets keep it going

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    I think the keys to the game are:

-Sustaining long drives to keep the D fresh and Brees on the bench
    -getting pressure with 4 and only 4
    -making them earn every 1st down by defending the 20+ yard plays
    -crossing our fingers Jimmy Graham cant play

Final score 41-37 Broncos

vCash
    Saints have no pass rush. Will Smith is playing like garbage. Honestly, we should probably win by 10+. Saints offense is good, but much of their stats are inflated due to defense giving up so many scores. Your D gives up points and you're constantly down, of course you're rated high offensively unless your O is completely inept.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    Saints have no pass rush. Will Smith is playing like garbage. Honestly, we should probably win by 10+. Saints offense is good, but much of their stats are inflated due to defense giving up so many scores. Your D gives! up points and you're constantly down, of course you're rated high offensively unless your O is completely inept.

The bold completely describes the Broncos.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast