Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Cowher or Gruden. If not these two men gtfo.

vCash
    Here's what I'm thinking, in this order:

1) COWHER- give him anything he wants. Period. Builds a team that runs the ball, & a D that stops the run. He drafts well also. In fact IMO the steelers current HC inherited a great deep team. Cowher's team.
    2) parcells (yes, even at his old age) teaches fundamentals & proven winner. Will call out players & coaching staff, holding everyone accountable.
    3) gruden- just don't give him total control or he'll stick pile qb's lol
    4) billick - with the right DC could be good

Other notables:
    I think dungy is too soft
    Mooch, been there, but I think he gets a bad rap because of millen. Plus he'd shove west coast o on us again.
    Mora? I don't think he's better than Schwartz
    Reeves?
    Anyone up for martyball?

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Rich Rod
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Rich Rod
    Jim Tressel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Rich Rod
    he's already got a job

Welcome Back Mr. Ashley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Ban CSSTL from the Lions forum. Maybe it will turn us around just like when MTM is kicked out of the Tigers forum Found our solution

Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Cowher or Gruden. If not these two men gtfo.
    I wouldn't trust your personnel in a 3-4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Here's what I'm thinking, in this order:

1) COWHER- give him anything he wants. Period. Builds a team that runs the ball, & a D that stops the run. He drafts well also. In fact IMO the steelers current HC inherited a great deep team. Cowher's team.
    2) parcells (yes, even at his old age) teaches fundamentals & proven winner. Will call out players & coaching staff, holding everyone accountable.
    3) gruden- just don't give him total control or he'll stick pile qb's lol
    4) billick - with the right DC could be good

Other notables:
    I think dungy is too soft
    Mooch, been there, but I think he gets a bad rap because of millen. Plus he'd shove west coast o on us again.
    Mora? I don't think he's better than Schwartz
    Reeves?
    Anyone up for martyball?
    I think Cowher would be great and like everyone has said we need a coach who will hold everybody accountable from players to his coaches. I'm sorry but Linehan has regressed from last year since he doesn't know how to scheme against opposing defenses using two deep safeties. You don't have to run the ball to make them come up. I am hoping that Burelson's injury is a blessing in disguise although his leadership will be missed in the locker room. Broyles can be good if used correctly. I think its time to run 4 WR sets once in a while. I would go with CJ, Young, Broyles and Scheff. Broyles can cause some major damage with how open the middle of the field opposing D's are giving us. We were built to throw and then run. I also would like for Linehan to use Reiff as an extra lineman in short yardage situations or even as a lead blocker. We might not have a full back but we have used him in power running situations. I have said in a previous thread that our two National televised games we have been embarrassed. Our next is on Thanksgiving and we play a very good Texans team. If we get embarrassed again the NFL might take our traditional game away from us. This team needs the mentality they had last year and that was not caring what everyone said about them and play ball. Sorry for such a long post fellas.

AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Combined Tackles: 28
    Solo Tackles: 23
    Assisted Tackles: 5
    Sacks: 4.5

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 10-4-5 PTS: 25
    Detroit Lions 7-3
    Detroit Tigers Another disappointing season
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 3-0 ACC:
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 11-0 ACC: 8-0

vCash
    I cant believe how many overreacting cry babies there are in this forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post

I wouldn't trust your personnel in a 3-4.
    Good point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFanFromNY View Post
    I don't think we are over reacting as much as you think. Our offense is horrible and Linehan should be fired. Like I stated before he can't make adjustments to make opposing D's stop using the two deep safeties against us. You don't have to run the ball all the time to make them creep up. Use the whole field. Opposing D's are putting 6 in the box and wanting us to run. I think you can use passing routes that exploit that. We are still in the playoff hunt but it looks very, very slim. Our offense needs to wake the **** up and play ball.

AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Combined Tackles: 28
    Solo Tackles: 23
    Assisted Tackles: 5
    Sacks: 4.5

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 10-4-5 PTS: 25
    Detroit Lions 7-3
    Detroit Tigers Another disappointing season
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Overall: 3-0 ACC:
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 11-0 ACC: 8-0

vCash
    No way dude. Cower has a proven track record. He could unseat 80% of today's head coaches.

Are you saying that if COWHER came out publically & stated he WANTED to coach in Detroit, youd rather keep Schwartz?

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 58 tackles / .5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    No way dude. Cower has a proven track record. He could unseat 80% of today's head coaches.

Are you saying that if COWHER came out publically & stated he WANTED to coach in Detroit, youd rather keep Schwartz?
    Yes he could the problem is Cowher doesn't want to coach or else he would have been back by now. So I would forget about Cowher as an option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Yes he could the problem is Cowher doesn't want to coach or else he would have been back by now. So I would forget about Cowher as an option.
    ^^^ This

Anyone whos thinking Cowher would be slightly intrested in coaching here needs to wake up

Is this season a let down so far? Yes but I'm not ready to give up on Shwartz that quickly...its emotional rash decisions like those that made Al Davis and Jerry Jones into laughing stocks in the NFL....Have a backbone ppl and dnt give up so easy

vCash
    ^^^ This

Anyone whos thinking Cowher would be slightly intrested in coaching here needs to wake up

Is this season a let down so far? Yes but I'm not ready to give up on Shwartz that quickly...its emotional rash decisions like those that made Al Davis and Jerry Jones into laughing stocks in the NFL....Have a backbone ppl and dnt give up so easy
    ^^^This...to a point. i don't agree with firing Schwartz or Cunningham. The defense has adjusted and played very well after the whole clean cut act wasn't working for us. I'm still not sure about Linehan.

With that said, the whole rash fire everyone, rebuild mode again, start from scratch BS is what made the NBA completely unwatchable to me. From a HC standpoint coming from 0-16 to 2, 6, 10 wins and a playoff spot has given Schwartz at least a small benefit of the doubt.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash
    And it's worth mentioning, in our own division there's a coach who went from 13-3 to 6-10 and then won a super bowl within 2 yrs of that 6-10.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast