Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: The Giants should....

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pay him now! New deal ASAP and keep him happy

23 63.89%
  • Give him a new deal at the end of the year if he keeps up production

9 25.00%
  • Tender him at the end of year, pay him next year

3 8.33%
  • Let him walk, save the money for Nicks, JPP, Tuck, etc.

1 2.78%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    It's simple. Pay him. This Giants team can survive without Nicks like it has shown (though I don't want him gone either), but I don't want Manning to lose his security net. We would not have gone to the Super Bowl last year if Cruz wasn't a Giant because of all the plays that him and Manning made together. We'd be a different team without him and they know it. I'm not worried about this.

vCash

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Quite a few voting for pay him now. Gotta reference Steve Smith again. Last thing you want is to give Cruz big money now and then have him bust a knee and never be the same again.

Not for nothing, but it works in Cruz's best interest. Giants might break the bank if he's healthy after the season with high production. Right now they might be a little tighter.

Ultimately I can absolutely see this being a tough deal to get done with lots of other teams willing to pay more than the Giants can afford. They gotta find a way, but we all said that about Smith too......you just never know with this front office. They might let it roll with Nicks, Barden, Hixon and Randle.
    As much as I liked Smith, Cruz ***** all over him at Smith's best..

Pay him, he's making chump money, I don't think he's looking for too much, he's not stupid.. He knows they're tight..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TThomasBeliever View Post
    It's simple. Pay him. This Giants team can survive without Nicks like it has shown (though I don't want him gone either), but I don't want Manning to lose his security net. We would not have gone to the Super Bowl last year if Cruz wasn't a Giant because of all the plays that him and Manning made together. We'd be a different team without him and they know it. I'm not worried about this.
    so far we've survived without him vs Carolina, Philly, & Cleveland... what is that suppose to prove? They're all mediocre secondary
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Hold out, distraction to the team etc
    I'm afraid this is, I would have rather not heard this in the middle of the season..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyStorm View Post
    As much as I liked Smith, Cruz ***** all over him at Smith's best..

Pay him, he's making chump money, I don't think he's looking for too much, he's not stupid.. He knows they're tight..
    Smith was a polished route runner with exceptional hands. Cruz is all of that plus speed and a few commercials. I'll take Cruz.

vCash
    I think Rolle and Eli would restructure there deals a little to keep Cruz, Jpp, Nicks ray:
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    He may become the 3rd highest paid WR behind Calvin and Fitzgerald.

Can Giants afford that?

Many teams will give up a 1st n 3rd for his services!

vCash
    Hold out, distraction to the team etc
    How would that create a hold out? He's not gonna stop playing mid-season without a deal and it makes no sense to either side to sign a deal until the season is over. Cruz has been amazing, but chalk up another 1,000+ yard season and with the TDs he's racking up he'll get even more $. Giants probably want to see that before they invest big.

vCash
    This guy needs a deal period. Him and Nicks need to resign, having a two headed WR monster is just what Eli needs. If one goes down (this year Nicks is the case) he has another reliable WR to go to. The 3'd receiver slot could just be a revolving door for young guys to come in and help, like the TE position; although I think Bennett may want to sign long term after this season.

vCash
    If they tender him, they will lose him. I can see a team giving up a 1st and 3rd for him...

Cleve
    Carolina
    Jax
    Minny

Etc...

Giants need to pay him now
    Yeah I'm sure that the first three teams you mentioned would give up a top 10 pick for him

vCash
    We can't lose him.

After Eli and JPP, he's the next guy we can't afford to lose.

vCash
    I think they'll tender him to have another season fairly cheap before the cap goes up with the promise they'll pay him big when they can. I mean he has some endorsement deals so it's not like he isn't making some decent $ elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    jus pay da man
    agree
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Explain this to me:

If Cruz gets a first round tender and receives an offer, the Giants can match, right?

I could see many teams offering an insane amount of cash which the Giants can't possibly match.

The cap appears extremely tight with Cruz, Nicks and JPP contracts in the very near future.

I wouldn't risk allowing any team to offer Cruz a contract. I'd sign him prior to the season ending.
    Done - thank goodness

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast