Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: The Giants should....

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pay him now! New deal ASAP and keep him happy

23 63.89%
  • Give him a new deal at the end of the year if he keeps up production

9 25.00%
  • Tender him at the end of year, pay him next year

3 8.33%
  • Let him walk, save the money for Nicks, JPP, Tuck, etc.

1 2.78%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Cruz is a Steve smith clone but with speed and strength. He's better period. Pay the man
    Cruz is nothing like Steve Smith cut it out. Cruz is a big play WR, Smith had 3 plays over 40+ his whole career Cruz had 9 just last year + 2 this year dont compare the 2 players its silly. Victor Cruz is a superstar in the NFL and outside of the NFL
    Last edited by Rique; 10-24-2012 at 10:40 AM.

vCash

They should

Pay him now, why??? It will only cost more at the end of the season with the numbers he is on pace for. Trtust me plenty of teams outside of the top 8 in the draft next year will give up a 1 & 3 for him. But the giants management is very stingy and they have other players contracts coming up ( Hicks and JPP ) but what always happens reestruct other players contracts. Eli will not loose his 2 main targets.

vCash
    We can't lose him, period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Explain this to me:

If Cruz gets a first round tender and receives an offer, the Giants can match, right?

I could see many teams offering an insane amount of cash which the Giants can't possibly match.

The cap appears extremely tight with Cruz, Nicks and JPP contracts in the very near future.

I wouldn't risk allowing any team to offer Cruz a contract. I'd sign him prior to the season ending.
    Sounds like you just made a case to tag him. THink the WR tag is $9 mil or so and he'll ask for more...

Quote Originally Posted by Luar View Post
    Pay him now, why??? It will only cost more at the end of the season with the numbers he is on pace for. Trtust me plenty of teams outside of the top 8 in the draft next year will give up a 1 & 3 for him. But the giants management is very stingy and they have other players contracts coming up ( Hicks and JPP ) but what always happens reestruct other players contracts. Eli will not loose his 2 main targets.
    Ok pay him now and then he goes down with a torn ACL in 2 weeks and you don't know he'll even come back next year the same.

Or maybe his production just falls off a bit since he just got paid.

Or to Cruz's side; maybe you far exceed what was expected.

Paying now is just bad business on both sides. He's played a season and a 1/2 in the NFL. Let him play out this season and then pay him in the offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Cruz is nothing like Steve Smith cut it out. Cruz is a big play WR, Smith had 3 plays over 40+ his whole career Cruz had 9 just last year + 2 this year dont compare the 2 players its silly. Victor Cruz is a superstar in the NFL and outside of the NFL
    So Smith wasn't a great route runner like Cruz? Sure handed like Cruz? Moves the chains like Cruz? Plays the slot like Cruz? Reads defenses like Cruz? There alike only difference is Cruz is a game breaker cause of his speed. Why do you think Akimen said noone in this league might not be able to cover Cruz in the slot. Like Welker he's shifty and a great route but has break away speed.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    How would that create a hold out? He's not gonna stop playing mid-season without a deal and it makes no sense to either side to sign a deal until the season is over. Cruz has been amazing, but chalk up another 1,000+ yard season and with the TDs he's racking up he'll get even more $. Giants probably want to see that before they invest big.
    Funny you should bring that up. Ross Tucker (NFL Sirius XM) was saying just the opposite this morning.

He used this analogy with regard to Cruz: If you, a wise business owner, possess a $500K machine capable of selling for 20 million at this very moment, wouldn't you want to shut the machine down? The risk being, you keep it operating, it breaks, you lose out on 20 million.

Tucker suggest Cruz can do just that. He could take the hit and sit it out so that he doesn't put himself at risk. Risk being, if he blows his knee out tomorrow, he and his entire family lose out. Meanwhile, the Giants have already reaped the benefits of 2 years of service and one championship.

I'm of the pay him now. Tucker is speaking from the players perspective in that he should sit it out (for reasons I mentioned above). And former NFL WR, Tim Brown (was a guest on the show this morning) believes hard work pays off. He believes Cruz should keep doing what he does, lay low, keep quiet, and let one of the best organizations in football - the New York Football Giants - take care of it once the season's through as he believes they will.

Lots of different angles here.
    Last edited by musclemenace; 10-24-2012 at 08:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    And former NFL WR, Tim Brown (was a guest on the show this morning) believes hard work pays off. He believes Cruz should keep doing what he does, lay low, keep quiet, and let one of the best organizations in football - the New York Football Giants - take care of it once the season's through as he believes they will.

Lots of different angles here.
    Guess I get the later shows being 3 hours behind. My morning commute is Shein and Gannon on the Blitz and they were saying the same thing Brown said.

Makes sense to me. Every 100 yd multi TD game he has for the rest of the year is just more money in his pocket.

vCash
    Ralph Vacchiano‏@RVacchianoNYDN

Earlier, my friend @RossTuckerNFL Tweeted that Victor Cruz "should consider sitting out until he gets new deal." Said Cruz: "Never happen."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Cruz is a class act. I don't think this will get ugly, but it should be sorted out asap. He is too important to risk losing.

vCash
    Giants vs. Cowboys
    Ralph Vacchiano
    + Follow
    Victor Cruz first "chuckled" at the thought of a holdout. Then he said "If I'm going to do that, I might as well...
    .. do it at the beginning of the season, not wait until Iím doing well and just hold out," Cruz said "I want to continue to help my team win. I want to win championships. I want to win football games. Iím not just holding out because I want to worry about a contract and the teamís going to panic if I hold out. I just want to go out there and play football and be myself."

As for his initial reaction to Ross Tucker's suggestion that he sit out the rest of the season: "I glanced at Twitter and saw my Twitter followers going crazy over it," he said. "I read it and I chuckled."

vCash
    Pay the man. This guy needs to be a giant for life. I absolutley love this guy

vCash
    I love this man. Pay him. He is such a reliable threat for us

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    jus pay da man
    ^^^^^this....he deserves more than what hes making right now.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    I don't know lol. I guess I'm a tough business man but this team is built around Eli making players bigger and better than they are. We have our 6 receivers making like 4 million dollars total right now. Changing that and paying 20 mil/year for two receivers (possibly more) is not a smart investment in my opinion.

I'd do what the Steelers did, offer the same contract to both players, 5 years, 45 million and whoever bites first gets it. Whoever doesn't rides out the rest of their contract.

I'd take Nicks at 5 years/45 million next year with a 1st and 3rd round draft pick and invest the money elsewhere. Banking on Nicks staying healthy but Cruz could get hurt too, just takes bad luck.

I'm sure if you polled the DC's around the league, they're more concerned with Nicks healthy than Cruz healthy.

vCash
    Same thing with JPP. I love JPP but with DE's getting huge money, if he's expecting 15+ million, I'd trade/let him walk/franchise before paying that much.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast