Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Have we been the best in the NFL through this point of the season?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • Yes, but not by much

2 33.33%
  • No

0 0%
  • The top teams are so interchangeable it's irrelevant

4 66.67%
    vCash

Falcons fans: Are we the best team in the NFL?

It's Tuesday, that means every major website and know it all is releasing their weekly power rankings. Atlanta is #1 essentially on every poll that matters and the question for those of us closest to the source is: Are we the best team through the first 7 weeks? What do you think?

I know we have stuff to work on, but so does everyone. Not asking if we're perfect (By God, we're the least perfect remaining undefeated team), but asking if you believe we have truly been the best through these first 7 weeks or if we've just been the only team to score more points than the other team every week.

vCash
    We could b the most complete team but IMO, there are teams that we really wouldnt match up well against and we will see them teams in the playoffs. Our rush defense will have to go back to what it was last year for us to go deep in the playoffs.

vCash
    To be completely honest, no. I feel uncomfortable going up against teams like the Packers, Giants, Niners and I'm even a liitle edgy on playing the Bears come post-season time. Reasons for this:

Packers, I feel would light up the score board on us, like they do to a lot of teams. I don't trust our secondary, even though they have played solid so far. It's Aaron Rodgers. If we can't establish a run with Turner, which is a 50/50 chance, I dont like our chances trying to out throw them. I think we all see that in order for Matt Ryan to be effective, we need at least a mediocre game from Turner. If not Ryan tried forcing balls(Raiders game) and before we know it we're down big.

Giants, I am just scared as to what happened last season. I feel like they would stop Turner no problem and Ryan would have to throw with his life on the line agaisnt that pass rush. We need time for our recievers to get down field, so would you trust the o-line to show up? Also what do we do to slow down Cruz?

Niners, suprisingly are the team that scares me least. I feel like we could force Alex Smith into mistakes and win the turnover battle with great field position. Turner who just need to show up a little, but I feel like our offense could scrape enough points to win. Especially in a loud Georgia Dome. If we stop Gore, I like our chances.

Bears are just that team that you never know what you're going to get. I feel like their defense matches up good against our offense and it worries me. Being in Illinois I see a lot of them. It's just not a match made in heaven.

Do I believe we could beat all these teams? Yes. But I just don't feel comfortable going against them. Which brings me to the, "best team in the league." If we were outright the best team, I wouldn't have concerns. But lets be honest, there are some gapping ones. Like I said before in most the teams above, if wedon't get any production from Turner, Matt Ryan just isn't the same. If Turner can get 65+ witha good YPC than yes, I feel very good about our chances. Give Ryan the ball with under 2 minutes left, and I'll take on anyone.

vCash
    we may not be dominating, but we sure as hell aren't for 1) shooting ourselves in the foot by penalties and by leading the nfl in fewest penalties 2) Our defense on 3rd down believe it or not is better by an average of 1 per, but some games last year we gave up as many as 8! we are averaging about 5 a game this year, which gives the offense more chances and defense more rest. The O and D coordinators are adjusting pretty much on the fly. The thing is these guys are well coached and its showing with their poise. We may not be dominating, but we are showing that your gonna earn the W if we get an L this year so far. Oh those days as a falcons fan back in 1998, when we were blowing the tops of everyone that year.

vCash
    Not playing like it through Week 8 -- that much we know, and the national critics are waiting to pounce. We'll see how the return of Peters and Palmer work out, because the Run D and blocking have been weak and they know it. I won't analyze any potential matchups because we have a long way to go, a lot of games left to be played for all teams and this stuff changes every week really. There are a handful of teams playing better and more consistently than the Falcons, but I'm not scared of anyone. I've been a fan of this franchise too long and seen them win big games as the underdog and lose big games as the favorite, so I'm kinda desensitized to it after all these years. Just go out and play.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-24-2012 at 12:26 AM.

vCash
    How about we try beirman at mlb?!?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Atl Bill View Post
    How about we try beirman at mlb?!?!?!
    OLB if anything.