Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

So Konz started at RG?

PHILADELPHIA — Peter Konz, the Falcons’ top draft pick, made his first NFL start at right guard against the Eagles on Sunday.

Konz, a second-round pick (55th overall) from Wisconsin, has been active for all seven games and had been contributing on special teams.

Garrett Reynolds, who started the first six games, has missed practice time due to a back injury.

Konz, 6 foot 5 and 317 pounds, appeared to hold up in pass protection and was solid with his run blocking

On one play in the second quarter, he couldn’t match the power of Philadelphia defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins, but he guided him away for quarterback Matt Ryan, who scrambled for a 7-yard gain.

Konz also looked solid on a combination block, where he passed a defender over to center Todd McClure and then got back in place to pick up Eagles linebacker DeMeco Ryans, who was blitzing.

With Konz in the lineup, running backs Jacquizz Rodger and Michael Turner combined to rush for more than 100 yards.
    ajc

I actually didn't even notice. Welcome to the pros, PK.

vCash
    Haha, I didn't either. Stupid stream makes it impossible to tell numbers. He played pretty well in that case. I was thinking our right side played better than usual (Mostly Clabo, but still) so this could help explain it.

vCash
    I actually noticed him in there early but i never noticed he started. I thought it was just a sub package. Good change if you ask me.

Heard anything about Weatherspoon?

vCash
    #Falcons coach Mike Smith said he'll have an update on Sean Weatherspoon after Wednesday's practice. WR Kevin [Cone] also suffered an injury.
    Here's the deal on Weatherspoon. If the injury was serious, Smith would have announced it. Since he didn't, Spoon is likely fine. #Relax
    @LarrySheftel Just giving you the history. When a players is out (re Grimes, Mike Jenkins, Bake, etc). Smith tells us.
    ajc

Ledbetter tells the fan base that all is well.

vCash
    If PFF comments on PK's performance in their game review, I'll post it in here, but Smith seems pleased.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    If PFF comments on PK's performance in their game review, I'll post it in here, but Smith seems pleased.
    After dealing with Reynolds for so long, he should be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    ajc

Ledbetter tells the fan base that all is well.
    Good, good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dee279
    After dealing with Reynolds for so long, he should be.
    Everyone on the OL has been solid so far, but I do wonder if Smith might give PK more snaps after seeing this improvement in the ground game. If it becomes a trend over a couple games, Konz might find his way into the lineup.