Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Michael Frolik - Your Opinion

Going to switch it up and move away from the prospects. Let's hear your opinion on Michael Frolik.

Acquired in Feb, 2011 - Florida Panthers traded Michael Frolik and Alexander Salak to the Chicago Blackhawks for Jack Skille, Hugh Jessiman and David Pacan.

vCash
    Frolik blows. If we could trade him for a late round pick I'd be happy. I've never seen a guy who trips himself so often on breakaways. I've watched him warm up before a game, and he can't settle a puck down with no defenders on him, he whiffs alot, and shoots over the net even in warmups. This guy sucks. I'd love Skille back, but more than anything, I'd just like to see Frolik disappear.

vCash
    I'm actually a big fan of Frolik.

The guy does everything right except for bury the puck. He put up 20 goal seasons in Florida, but a lot of that probably has to do with more ice time and PP time than he will ever get on a good team.

He really reminds me of a mini-Hossa in a lot of ways. Frolik is great on the backcheck, solid on the boards, takes a hit to make a play, a good skater, and a good passer. I really like Frolik on the third line.

His shot is what stops him from being a top 6 player. He doesn't have a heavy shot and he doesn't have a quick release at all. If he can improve on that than he has a shot at being that 20 goal scorer again. Even if he doesn't score though, Frolik never seems to hurt the team as he is strong defensively.

I know a lot of people aren't big fans of his because he hasn't reached expectations, put up numbers, or lived up to his new contract...but I'm actually a fan of his.

vCash
    Hard to dislike a guy who's been one of the better playoff performers the last two years. He elevates his play when it counts. I love that about him. I'd like more consistency throughout the regular season. He's invisible far too often. Easy to forget he's only 24 though. I do believe there's still some growth in his game. For that reason I think you have to keep him around.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013