Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What are the chances of this happening?

What are the chances that the Giants can basically have this division wrapped up going into our bye week? I just looking at the NFC East's schedule over the next 3 weeks heading into our bye. While we all have some pretty tough games, it just seems like the Giants are playing well enough to beat any and everyone. These are my honest predictions. Maybe Im reaching or being an ultimate homer but I think this could very well happen........

Dallas - Record ( 3-3 ) next 3 weeks ..
    week 8 vs Giants. With loss ( 3-4)
    week 9 @ Atalanta. With loss (3-5)
    week 10 @ Philly. With win or loss ( 3-6 or 4-5)

Philly - Record ( 3-3) next 3 weeks...
    week 8 vs Atlanta. With loss ( 3-4)
    week 9 @ New Orleans. With loss ( 3-5)
    week 10 vs Dallas. With win or loss (3-6 or 4-5)

Washington - Record ( 3-4) next 3 weeks...
    week 8 @ Pitt. With loss (3-5)
    week 9 vs Car. With win ( 4-5)
    week 10 BYE

Giants - Record (5-2) next 3 weeks...
    week 8 @ Dall. With win (6-2)
    week 9 vs Pitt. With win ( 7-2)
    week 10 @ Cinci. With win (8-2)

Standings going into week 11
    1.Giants 8-2
    2.Philly 4-5 ( I gave philly the win over Dallas and tie breaker over Wash)
    3.Wash 4-5
    4.Dallas 3-6

Now, I know this is the ultimate " IF" sitiuation but I really think its going to play out this way( Barring some crazy injury breakout). While I think ALL the NFC East teams are actually good, the Giants are head and shoulders above the other 3 when it comes to mental toughness and thats what gives us an advantage IMHO.

Can anybody else see it play out like this????????

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    Chances are slim, all we have to do is worry about us. We control our own faith, keep winning and we don't have to worry about the other teams.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Chances are slim, all we have to do is worry about us. We control our own faith, keep winning and we don't have to worry about the other teams.
    True that!

Plus, if I would take a peak at the other teams I must admit that the Eagles worry me. Teams that are desperate often are the best. And as we all know Eagles slump has nothing to do with a lack of talent, only with a lack of mental strenght. But with everyone fighting for his now and mental toughness rising I'm a little scared of them...

vCash
    i hope so but but one game at a time
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Here's my word of advice:

DO NOT try and predict this team.

When they're playing great, it's easy to see them running this division....hell the conference. Then we all know they come out, play down to the competition, make a few bonehead plays (throwing for 30 in PHI instead of running, kicking the FG and getting the **** outta Dodge) and keep the division wide open.

When they play like crap and everyone starts screaming about changing coaches, cutting this guy, gotta draft this position or that position, gotta sign a guy at that position.....they turn around and win the Super Bowl.

Trust me, it's not worth the time or the headache. They'll be who they are.

Take it day-by-day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Here's my word of advice:

DO NOT try and predict this team.

When they're playing great, it's easy to see them running this division....hell the conference. Then we all know they come out, play down to the competition, make a few bonehead plays (throwing for 30 in PHI instead of running, kicking the FG and getting the **** outta Dodge) and keep the division wide open.

When they play like crap and everyone starts screaming about changing coaches, cutting this guy, gotta draft this position or that position, gotta sign a guy at that position.....they turn around and win the Super Bowl.

Trust me, it's not worth the time or the headache. They'll be who they are.

Take it day-by-day.
    You're right, I think to some extent (though not as much as the Giants) that goes for all NFL teams a little. Look at philly being praised for 2 pre-seasons long but until now not winning ****.

Believe me, being from the Netherlands and thus only watching football (soccer) traditionally, this unpredictability in US sports is way more fun. Ofcourse there are certain standard better teams and certain standard worse teams, but it is always hard to predict which team will rule the NFL and who'll grab the NFL. In soccer you can name 4 teams at the beginning of the season and one of those 4 is gonna win the division 99% of the time.

vCash
    You gotta be ****ing kidding with this, close this thread.. Huge ****ing jinx..

vCash
    Personally, I'd rather us not win the division (if we even do) as early as you say. This Giants team plays better with their backs against the wall, a la '07 and last year. If we were to clinch early, it's not easy for guys to simply "turn it on" when it comes to the post season.

Take this 1 game at a time....and the Pitt and Cincy games will not be as easy as you think....Pitt will be a tough out (especially since it's a home game for us), and Cincy just scares me (although I do think we SHOULD beat them). We have no easy outs on our schedule

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY BBWC 08 View Post
    Personally, I'd rather us not win the division (if we even do) as early as you say. This Giants team plays better with their backs against the wall, a la '07 and last year. If we were to clinch early, it's not easy for guys to simply "turn it on" when it comes to the post season.

Take this 1 game at a time....and the Pitt and Cincy games will not be as easy as you think....Pitt will be a tough out (especially since it's a home game for us), and Cincy just scares me (although I do think we SHOULD beat them). We have no easy outs on our schedule

That what I like about it. Coming into the season, most ppl assumed that Washington would have been our only " somewhat easy" or "favorable" game in our last 11 games. But that clearly isnt the case and considering that we normally play up or down to our competition, its actually good we have 11 straight tough games. Gives us less chance to " play down" to anyone

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    Please please please close this thread, we should all know better as Giants fans..

vCash
    virtually impossible to predict the giants...we could lose the next 5 or win the next 7

#TapeTwoOne....Oh Gawd

vCash
    I see us going into the bye at 8-2 or 7-3. First things first we gotta take care of Dallas. If we don't, things could get ugly and it's not out of the realm of possibility that we lose the next 3 and go into the bye a dismal 5-5. That would not be good.

Pittsburgh and Cincy are gonna be desperate. They both have underperformed from their expectations so we need to not take either team lightly. If we get to the bye 7-3 I'll be ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    Giants can lose out and go 5-11. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

vCash
    Having the division wrapped up by the bye week is not what you want from this team trust me. Anyone thats been a giants fan for years knows this team doesnt play well as the favorite they win as underdogs. You see how they played vs San Fran when everyone said we'd lose and vs Carolina when everyone said the same. Then you see how we played vs the Browns and Cowboys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Having the division wrapped up by the bye week is not what you want from this team trust me. Anyone thats been a giants fan for years knows this team doesnt play well as the favorite they win as underdogs. You see how they played vs San Fran when everyone said we'd lose and vs Carolina when everyone said the same. Then you see how we played vs the Browns and Cowboys
    Yeah based on history we should be rooting for them to lose the next 5 games in a row....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast