Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40

Thread: Vitt's Return

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    4,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    The addition of Vitt is nothing but positive.

    First of all, it puts Kromer back 100% with the offensive line and running game, which has been awful! It's hard to believe one person, Nicks, made that much of a difference in running effectiveness. Everyone in the run game is too soft. You have to have some thug in you, some attitude, to run the ball.

    Second, the Saints' biggest problems on defense are:

    Connecting the personnel to the scheme. Adding another football mind who is familiar with our personnel is great to help meld the two. Plus, maybe with his time off it gave him time to see or think up something, from an outside view.

    Tackling. Vitt will also bring in more attitude which goes a long way in being the most physical team on the field. The Saints' defense lacks fundamental arm and hand strength, which is showing up big time in their (lack of) tackling.
    First of all, Thugs don't play football, they are afraid of getting hit! Running the football is an ATTITUDE and that starts in training camp! Plus I've already address that our Oline is built around the Passing game!

    Secondly, you are HOPING that Vitt has learned something from afar(like I've said also) that he would bring in adjustments. Not!

    Thirdly, adding another football mind my azz! Joe Vitt has been here for years coaching the Saints defense, and for years 100% of the Saints bloggers on here have had and still have concerns of that defense. Joe Vitt hasn't made a difference back then and he won't bring one now! Don't bring up tackling dude, Joe Vitt was here too thru all those horrible tackling years and guess what? He's still here and he's coming back! Lol, yep...Vitt is coming back with Scott Shanle being his captain/leader in his scheme!

    ROTFLMAO



    Look, just put me on record....
    Joe Vitt ain't schit! Any adjustments made and ALL games that are won will be bcuz of the veteran leadership that's already establish on this roster by Sean Payton!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!


    From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

    http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

    Time Will Tell My Accuracy's
    _______________
    99.9%

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,257
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    Disagree quite a bit here, and its more of what you said in a previous post.

    Kromer is responsible for the Oline and he serves as our run game coordinator. I think anyone would agree that our Oline and run game has not played the way we are used to them playing, even when we commit to the run we are not very effective this year. Having Kromer back to focus on that instead of head coaching responsiblities can only help. Nobody is saying Vitt should be a head coach in the NFL. I just think he's a better interim coach than Kromer and given the season started over with Vitt not being suspended I could see us starting better than 2-4.

    I expect to see a much more productive run game going forward. We are dead last in Rushing YPG right now.
    I think this will help a little bit, but the main thing will be getting Vitt's energy and fire back. We sorely missed that.
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,257
    vCash
    1500
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,037
    vCash
    1500
    Tha picture is priceless!lol!!
    !WhoDat!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    2,428
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    First of all, Thugs don't play football, they are afraid of getting hit! Running the football is an ATTITUDE and that starts in training camp! Plus I've already address that our Oline is built around the Passing game!

    Secondly, you are HOPING that Vitt has learned something from afar(like I've said also) that he would bring in adjustments. Not!

    Thirdly, adding another football mind my azz! Joe Vitt has been here for years coaching the Saints defense, and for years 100% of the Saints bloggers on here have had and still have concerns of that defense. Joe Vitt hasn't made a difference back then and he won't bring one now! Don't bring up tackling dude, Joe Vitt was here too thru all those horrible tackling years and guess what? He's still here and he's coming back! Lol, yep...Vitt is coming back with Scott Shanle being his captain/leader in his scheme!

    ROTFLMAO



    Look, just put me on record....
    Joe Vitt ain't schit! Any adjustments made and ALL games that are won will be bcuz of the veteran leadership that's already establish on this roster by Sean Payton!
    Big B I hear what you are saying, but you are putting too much responsibility on Vitt. When was he the defensive coordinator? I thought he was just a COACH on defense not the coordinator. Say what you want but the guy brings character and he could bring a spark to the team. The little things may matter. I am not by any means saying he is the next Belicheck or Coughlin or Payton, but the Saints are putting him in the position to lead the team. They could have stayed with Kromer but chose not to. Just chill brother and lets see how we play on Sunday.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,037
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    First of all, Thugs don't play football, they are afraid of getting hit! Running the football is an ATTITUDE and that starts in training camp! Plus I've already address that our Oline is built around the Passing game!

    Secondly, you are HOPING that Vitt has learned something from afar(like I've said also) that he would bring in adjustments. Not!

    Thirdly, adding another football mind my azz! Joe Vitt has been here for years coaching the Saints defense, and for years 100% of the Saints bloggers on here have had and still have concerns of that defense. Joe Vitt hasn't made a difference back then and he won't bring one now! Don't bring up tackling dude, Joe Vitt was here too thru all those horrible tackling years and guess what? He's still here and he's coming back! Lol, yep...Vitt is coming back with Scott Shanle being his captain/leader in his scheme!

    ROTFLMAO


    Look, just put me on record....
    Joe Vitt ain't schit! Any adjustments made and ALL games that are won will be bcuz of the veteran leadership that's already establish on this roster by Sean Payton!


    BigB, your beer's half-empty, let me fill it up for you..



    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Big B I hear what you are saying, but you are putting too much responsibility on Vitt. When was he the defensive coordinator? I thought he was just a COACH on defense not the coordinator. Say what you want but the guy brings character and he WILL bring a spark to the team. The little things DO matter. I am not by any means saying he is the next Belicheck or Coughlin or Payton, but the Saints are putting him in the position to lead the team. They could have stayed with Kromer but chose not to. Just chill brother and lets see how we play on Sunday.
    !WhoDat!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    6,690
    vCash
    1500
    I would never want Kromer or Vitt as my team's head coach, but, since there's no choice, I think Vitt is better than Kromer. Saints wouldn't have gone 6-0 with Vitt, though. I could see 3-3. Of course, the team is making adjustments as Vitt is returning, so he'll get credit for a team that was already starting to play better without him.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    4,496
    vCash
    1500
    Character? Character!? Joe Vitt? Character? Integrity & Character is not in a man who steals drugs! #Vicodin

    Joe Vitt was stealing drugs guys. Drugs! Vicodin

    You guys are looking for some type of hope til y'all are missing the obvious, he ain't schit and he haven't done schit since he's been here! So again I ask, who has he coached up? What player has developed under his watch?

    All you guys honestly know about Vitt is
    -he's close to Sean Payton; assist HC
    -he got caught stealing Vicodin
    -he's been a coach on our poor defensive unit for years
    -he loves Scott Shanle

    Like I've said, I'm on record and you guys can hold me to it!

    FYI:
    I drink Crown, I don't mess with that yeast in beer or women!

    #BandAMakeHerDance
    http://youtu.be/AI0gk2KJeho
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!


    From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

    http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

    Time Will Tell My Accuracy's
    _______________
    99.9%

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    6,690
    vCash
    1500
    Loving Shanle is pretty damning. I'd rather have him love Saddam Hussein.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Character? Character!? Joe Vitt? Character? Integrity & Character is not in a man who steals drugs! #Vicodin

    Joe Vitt was stealing drugs guys. Drugs! Vicodin

    You guys are looking for some type of hope til y'all are missing the obvious, he ain't schit and he haven't done schit since he's been here! So again I ask, who has he coached up? What player has developed under his watch?

    All you guys honestly know about Vitt is
    -he's close to Sean Payton; assist HC
    -he got caught stealing Vicodin
    -he's been a coach on our poor defensive unit for years
    -he loves Scott Shanle

    Like I've said, I'm on record and you guys can hold me to it!

    FYI:
    I drink Crown, I don't mess with that yeast in beer or women!

    #BandAMakeHerDance
    http://youtu.be/AI0gk2KJeho
    I'm with you on this one B especially based off of the points you've made.

    I think there are a few things to place emphasis on from what you said and others:

    I think B is right Brees and the leadership Vilma etc will be the MAIN reason this team wins and its based on Paytons philosophies


    However I agree Vitt being HC allows Komer and other to perform better at Coaching and while Vitt position coach skills may be very questionable. His attitude and player relationship should translate better as a HC. I think.

    And lastly Vitt need be smart enough to let Spags determine the LB rotation. Cause the D is improving imo and its because of the Big Nickel and Spags putting more speed on the field. Check it out guys Spags is going with more 2 LB sets with Harper in a LB role not quite the FO FO but he'll get there he is learning JK I'm just serious.
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 10-25-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Earth is my turf
    Posts
    2,428
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Character? Character!? Joe Vitt? Character? Integrity & Character is not in a man who steals drugs! #Vicodin

    Joe Vitt was stealing drugs guys. Drugs! Vicodin

    You guys are looking for some type of hope til y'all are missing the obvious, he ain't schit and he haven't done schit since he's been here! So again I ask, who has he coached up? What player has developed under his watch?

    All you guys honestly know about Vitt is
    -he's close to Sean Payton; assist HC
    -he got caught stealing Vicodin
    -he's been a coach on our poor defensive unit for years
    -he loves Scott Shanle

    Like I've said, I'm on record and you guys can hold me to it!

    FYI:
    I drink Crown, I don't mess with that yeast in beer or women!

    #BandAMakeHerDance
    http://youtu.be/AI0gk2KJeho
    Yes character. I didn't mean as in moral character but then again we all have our vices and none of us are perfect. I meant it more as in personal relationships with players, intensity and verve. When you have players like Shanle you will need to be Merlin the Magician to make that clown a productive football player. Its not like he has elite talent to mold into pro bowl LB's. We haven't had much talent on our defense for a while. Minus Mike McKenzie he is one of my all time favorite Saints and Gene "The Assasin" Atkins but thats starting to go way back. Back to topic....Just give Vitt Sunday and see what type of intensity the players come out with. Its going to be a tough game for us because 1. Peyton is an all time great even though his physical skills are not what they use to be 2. He has some nice weapons in Decker (speed) and D Thomas (size) that are going to give us trouble. We will need to put up scores everytime we are on offense and keep Peyton off the field.

    B give it Sunday and sip on the crown brother.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    4,496
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Yes character. I didn't mean as in moral character but then again we all have our vices and none of us are perfect. I meant it more as in personal relationships with players, intensity and verve. When you have players like Shanle you will need to be Merlin the Magician to make that clown a productive football player. Its not like he has elite talent to mold into pro bowl LB's. We haven't had much talent on our defense for a while. Minus Mike McKenzie he is one of my all time favorite Saints and Gene "The Assasin" Atkins but thats starting to go way back. Back to topic....Just give Vitt Sunday and see what type of intensity the players come out with. Its going to be a tough game for us because 1. Peyton is an all time great even though his physical skills are not what they use to be 2. He has some nice weapons in Decker (speed) and D Thomas (size) that are going to give us trouble. We will need to put up scores everytime we are on offense and keep Peyton off the field.

    B give it Sunday and sip on the crown brother.
    I will be sippin on that Crown bruh, that's guaranteed! Lol
    But on Vitt, just put me on the record! You know how I do
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!


    From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

    http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

    Time Will Tell My Accuracy's
    _______________
    99.9%

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    308
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    Disagree quite a bit here, and its more of what you said in a previous post.

    Kromer is responsible for the Oline and he serves as our run game coordinator. I think anyone would agree that our Oline and run game has not played the way we are used to them playing, even when we commit to the run we are not very effective this year. Having Kromer back to focus on that instead of head coaching responsiblities can only help. Nobody is saying Vitt should be a head coach in the NFL. I just think he's a better interim coach than Kromer and given the season started over with Vitt not being suspended I could see us starting better than 2-4.

    I expect to see a much more productive run game going forward. We are dead last in Rushing YPG right now.
    Already coming true in the first 3 games since Vitt has been back.

    2012 Stats
    63 Tackles, 3 INTs, 18 PDs, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 TD

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    6,690
    vCash
    1500
    I'd credit Sproles getting hurt. The Saints were forced to change their lazy playcalling.

    Plus the Saints didn't run much against Denver.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,150
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    Already coming true in the first 3 games since Vitt has been back.
    Yea you called it Kromer's return to the Oline and such definitely shows. We were just stretched too thin working with a Interim interim HC is just asking too much makes me wonder where we'd be if Coach Payton was back.

    Roger Goodell
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •