Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 70
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,902
    vCash
    1500
    I don't have a problem with the NFL doing this, they're a multi-billion dollar corporation. They won't be doing it unless they are making money off it. The person who thot of this marketing scheme is a ****ing genius imo. I even brought my aunt a pink jersey, and I know of others who have done so as well, so the NFL is making a killing off this awareness month.

    ahhh... the good ole days

    watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,183
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Call me the more pathetic one if it makes you feel good. After all, this is the internet and none of this is real.
    it does, thank u

    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    That said, I am more shocked at those that believe they have any standing to even comment or criticize the level or manner of others charitable giving. I expect they are from the same group that believes in the concept of redistribution of wealth.
    surprise surprise. another racist from new england.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,871
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    it does, thank u



    surprise surprise. another racist from new england.
    chuckling

    racist!

    chuckling

    One thing I have learned is when someone doesn't have a legitimate argument, they always resort to name calling.

    chuckling
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,183
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    chuckling

    racist!

    chuckling

    One thing I have learned is when someone doesn't have a legitimate argument, they always resort to name calling.

    chuckling
    well, I could be wrong. Maybe ur not racist. Maybe ur just ignorant to this country's history. Its one of the two. So if its the latter rather than the former, my bad

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    23,460
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, the I read an article about this same thing the other day. The NFL doesn't really give what they claim.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,219
    vCash
    1500
    Corporations are people too.

    Wait, what?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,871
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    well, I could be wrong. Maybe ur not racist. Maybe ur just ignorant to this country's history. Its one of the two. So if its the latter rather than the former, my bad

    Those are my only two choices? I am either a racist or ignorant?

    OK call me whatever you want. It is OK with me. I just donít find anything nefarious in the NFL program. I believe it is an honest effort. I believe 5% is charitable giving that matters. I choose not to vilify that charitable giving. I expect there are many that believe the NFL should give more. I expect there are many that always find fault in others giving and finding a way to paint the giver as less than charitable makes them feel good. They are entitled to their opinion. I believe the 5% is a significant gift. I believe whatever is generated by the auction items is bid on and given in good faith and with good intentions by those that bid on those item. I believe the in-kind exposure is a SIGNIFICANT gift of advertising for Breast Cancer Awareness. I believe all of it it saves lives.

    I find nothing, absolutely nothing, negative about this effort by the NFL.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Just to play devils advocate, IF there were little green men on Mars...
    Ok? Pick any number you like. Where's the cutoff point to where it would bother you?

    I'm simply trying to show that your contention that motivation doesn't matter, and that it's money that otherwise wouldn't be donated, may deserve some additional thought.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,871
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWesWelker View Post
    Ok? Pick any number you like. Where's the cutoff point to where it would bother you?

    I'm simply trying to show that your contention that motivation doesn't matter, and that it's money that otherwise wouldn't be donated, may deserve some additional thought.
    I am not playing that game with you.

    The thing that would bother me most would be if calling the NFLs good intentions into question the author of the story drove the NFL away from the effort.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I am not playing that game with you.

    The thing that would bother me most would be if calling the NFLs good intentions into question the author of the story drove the NFL away from the effort.
    What if the author brought awareness to the issue, causing the NFL to make a more concerted effort to run their program more efficiently, and funnel a greater percentage of their net earnings to cancer research?

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    NFL is a business, are they not entitled to make some profits as well.

    I would prefer that they donate a little bit more as well, but they are donating a lot more than a lot of other people out there.
    But the NFL is nonprofit

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,183
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Those are my only two choices? I am either a racist or ignorant?
    Concerning ur redistribution of wealth statement, yes, I don't see how it could possibly be anything outside of those two. But this is the football forum, so whatever, it dont matter

    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    OK call me whatever you want. It is OK with me. I just donít find anything nefarious in the NFL program. I believe it is an honest effort. I believe 5% is charitable giving that matters. I choose not to vilify that charitable giving. I expect there are many that believe the NFL should give more. I expect there are many that always find fault in others giving and finding a way to paint the giver as less than charitable makes them feel good. They are entitled to their opinion. I believe the 5% is a significant gift. I believe whatever is generated by the auction items is bid on and given in good faith and with good intentions by those that bid on those item. I believe the in-kind exposure is a SIGNIFICANT gift of advertising for Breast Cancer Awareness. I believe all of it it saves lives.

    I find nothing, absolutely nothing, negative about this effort by the NFL.
    Well it IS good that they're giving at least something, no one's arguing that. The problem lies in how sneaky they are with it, while purposely pumping it up to be a lot more than it is. For example, if they were straight up with it and said we are going to donate 5% of profit from this to the cancer society, do you think they would have made the same exact amount of sales compared to when they just say proceeds go to the cancer society (or whatever marketing techniques they use). I don't think so.

    They purposely market their business in a way to make it look like they are doing more for this charity than what they actually are. This is a multi billion dollar business, they know exactly what they're doing. Its not some accidental slip up, or simple oops, that explains this two faced marketing. This is the problem.

    I'm not saying they're breaking the rules, I'm not saying they're doing something illegal, I'm just calling it exactly how it is. I guarantee you a lot of people that bought breast cancer awareness merchandise would not be happy to find out how much of that money went to the charity, and how much went into business man's pocket. Also, I'm sure many would not have bought the merchandise to begin with, as knowing you're donating to a good cause could very well be the extra little push you need into buying something in many cases.

    And its sad to see people actually argue FOR them in this case, as that means, imo, these people have been suckered by this business mentality. Its the same idea as people who spoke out against the occupy movement. The very people who are taking it are the same ones standing up for those who are giving it.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,871
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWesWelker View Post
    What if the author brought awareness to the issue, causing the NFL to make a more concerted effort to run their program more efficiently, and funnel a greater percentage of their net earnings to cancer research?
    We could play the what if game for days/weeks/months/years. My post above frames my position about as in depth as I need to or want to. Wanting the NFL to be more than it is as far as this effort is noble of you as it is the author. The NFL determined its financial commitment to this particular charitable effort and how they would give. They are meeting that commitment as far as I can tell. There are dozens if not hundreds of charitable efforts the NFL and its players are involved in. I choose not to call those efforts, intentions or financial commitment into question but choose to look at them as heartfelt giving on the part of all involved.

    I expect nothing they do would be good enough for you.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    5,871
    vCash
    1500
    Here is a link to an article on the NFL website that highlight the effort from the NFLs perspective. Is this a nothing effort?

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...wareness-month
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    912
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    We could play the what if game for days/weeks/months/years. My post above frames my position about as in depth as I need to or want to. Wanting the NFL to be more than it is as far as this effort is noble of you as it is the author. The NFL determined its financial commitment to this particular charitable effort and how they would give. They are meeting that commitment as far as I can tell. There are dozens if not hundreds of charitable efforts the NFL and its players are involved in. I choose not to call those efforts, intentions or financial commitment into question but choose to look at them as heartfelt giving on the part of all involved.

    I expect nothing they do would be good enough for you.
    Even when provided evidence to the contrary.

    The "what if's" I have proposed are directly related to the issue and I don't see how proposing them in order to spur some critical thought is a bad thing.

    Look, you seemed to be the most firmly rooted in this belief, that's why my questions were directed at you. I just think blindly praising the NFL and getting all warm and fuzzy over the effort is ignoring other parts of the issue.

    Anyway, i'm out for tonight. Carry on.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •