Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should be the starting QB on the Seahawks?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russell Wilson

26 70.27%
  • Matt Flynn

11 29.73%
Page 34 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: MISC thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    But on both our wins, it came down to the final drive, that Wilson executed perfectly...
    True... But a similar argument could be made about what if we had better QB play to begin with? If we did, we may have never needed the final drive to pull out the W.

Am I saying it is a mistake to start Wilson? Not necessarily. I'm just saying those who claim Flynn may perform better have a reasonable argument. We have one of the top rushers, defenses and special teams in the league and we are 2-2. That fact alone shows we need better QB play.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozerguy47 View Post
    True... But a similar argument could be made about what if we had better QB play to begin with? If we did, we may have never needed the final drive to pull out the W.

Am I saying it is a mistake to start Wilson? Not necessarily. I'm just saying those who claim Flynn may perform better have a reasonable argument. We have one of the top rushers, defenses and special teams in the league and we are 2-2. That fact alone shows we need better QB play.
    It comes down to the play calling and WR's not getting open. A few times though, Wilson has not seen open receivers but for the most part no one is getting open. The offensive line is horrible in pass protection.

WE 3ELIEVE!

Seattle Seahawks Real Salt Lake Utah Jazz Seattle Mariners

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I wanna convince a girl to put on a Russell Wilson outfit so I can just plow her into yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    To question him teaching him nothing? What?

When you act like everything is Wilson's fault, it makes me question your football knowledge.

Not every "leader" is a leader. Look at Ichiro. He was one of the better players in the league for years, but he was a ****** leader.

Im sure Rodgers taught him some stuff, but its not like Rodgers if Farve yet. He isnt the most experienced guy either.

Plus, like I said before, Rodgers cant teach him to have better arm strength or to be faster, or even more accurate. All he can teach him is the mental stuff, which we all know Flynn has. What I am worried about is his lack of arm strength and athleticism. Those things cant be taught.

The guys who benefit most from vet QBs are the guys who have all the physical parts you could ask for, but dont know how to use it. Flynn is the opposite of that.
    Just him being able to watch Rodgers and mimic what he does in camp is big. Rodgers and Flynn had a very close relationship in Green Bay. Rodgers also was close with Favre, but Favre never taught him anything. Rodgers has openly admitted to learning tons from being on the bench and watching one of the greatest perform, and trying to mimic him once he got on the field.

"Wilson won us those games". Ha. Keep them blinders on dude.

vCash
    I never said he won us those games, "dude". How about you take your blinders off?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash

Flynn would struggle just like Wilson he has to learn a new offense with new receivers.

vCash

We have one of the most inconsistent offensive lines too, we would be taking a **** load more sacks than we are. And our WR corp is horrible, like legit horrible. I don't think putting Flynn in would help us in the long run, we aren't winning it all this year, and putting him in would delay Wilson's development.
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    Win as a team, lose as a team. We lost to Arizona cause we played prevent d on their last drive, and our WR's got the dropsies on ours. We lost to STL because our WR's didnt make plays and STL DB's did. Dem da breaks in the NFL. Wilson hasnt been stellar but he is doing what Carroll has asked. Pete needs to ask more from him now. Needs to let him take over a game. Would almost be a blessing to have Lynch get a mysterious injury and miss a game. Make Wilson beat the Panthers.
    Well Lynch is listed as probable for this game, so we'll probly pass more unless Pete wants to defer to Turbin. Let's crack this pass-game open.
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

vCash
    Last week Turbin had 6 runs for 45 yards, that is 1 run less then first 3 weeks combined and more then twice the yardage before last week. I would not be surprised if Pete started giving Turbin 8-12 runs a game going forward.

vCash
    Turbo had the 9th best 40 at the combine, despite being a bull.

He showed he had game speed too, which is what matters. I really like him as a backup.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Turbo had the 9th best 40 at the combine, despite being a bull.

He showed he had game speed too, which is what matters. I really like him as a backup.
    I really like every player we drafted. Future is good, and we have the vets to win now. Just need to get this passing game in gear. I think Wilson will turn the corner tomorrow. If we lose tomorrow we could be 2 and 5 real quick and that is no bueno.

vCash
    Running back aren't known to last very long so I wouldn't be surprised if Turbin is our main back in two/three years. He'll be a very similar back too.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Just my opinion but Turbin looks better then Lynch he lays the same shots on defenders but he is much faster when he accelerates then Lynch he has that HR potential that Lynch lacks.

Not a knock on Lynch we just have two great running backs.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 10-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.

vCash
    Turbin has more short area quickness but Lynch has more straight line speed, when Turbin can keep his legs churning like Lynch he will be close but Lynch has way better tackle breaking/avoiding skills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Won't be able to i would definitley pay Thomas though he makes Chancellor better because of his closing speed masking some of Chancellors weakness.

I would also pay Sherman hopefully he stops talking about the Offense we don't need guys turning on one another.
    Id rather have Kam and ET than Sherman ET.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Id rather have Kam and ET than Sherman ET.
    I wouldn't no offense to Kam but with ET out there it would be easier to find a SS then a guy like Sherman who can lock guys down.

Page 34 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast