Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should be the starting QB on the Seahawks?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russell Wilson

26 70.27%
  • Matt Flynn

11 29.73%
Page 31 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: MISC thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Ready to win now with what offense? With what receivers? C'mon, man. Even you recognize this isn't right when you start going on about drafting. Drafting is a solution for now, suddenly? You want to win now? Find a QB that can successfully throw to receivers that are constantly covered, and do so without throwing interceptions. Good luck with that.

It's frustrating to watch this team's fans. They set their expectations irrationally high (see the win prediction thread), then freak out when their unrealistic expectations are not met immediately. This team is going to be around .500, and may sneak into the playoffs as a best case. The fact that they're on course for exactly that outcome should come as a shock to nobody. It's not a reason to start throwing people overboard.
    I didn't realize beating the Rams was a high expectation .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    I wouldn't say he's underrated. Maybe from non avid football fan, but Teddy Bruschi was saying he's the best safety in the league about 3 days ago.

Probably fly's under some people's radar, but hey. That's good for us.
    We may not agree on the QB but i agree with this the national people recognize ET for sure the only reason casual fans aren't talking about him is because he hasn't gotten the INT's like Ed Reed does.

vCash
    Russell Wilson’s painstaking attention to detail helped him earn Seattle’s starting quarterback job during training camp.

So it’s not surprise that Wilson left notes in each receiver’s locker detailing his observations of Carolina’s coverage schemes after watching the Panthers on Monday.

“I just tried to figure out something else I could do in terms of attention to detail,” Wilson said. “You always want to find something else you can do to make sure guys are tuned in and everything.

“Yeah, I left them notes in their locker about each player on Carolina that I’ve seen so far in terms of film – I got here early that morning and stuff – in terms of their coverages and what they do, and what we need to do.”

Seattle receiver Sidney Rice said on Wednesday that despite Wilson’s struggles against St. Louis last week, he expects his quarterback to rebound.

“He’s a true professional,” Rice said. “He studies his tape, gets everything done. He was passing out notes in the locker room when we came in Monday, and already started the film on next week. I think he’ll be fine.”

Wilson said he doesn’t feel like he seeing anything different defensively on third downs, but that the focus for Seattle is on executing better in those situations.

“It’s not anything that we can’t handle,” Wilson said. “We’ve all played a lot of football. And we’ve all capitalized on third down. And we’ve all made a lot of great plays on third down.

“So I don’t think we should make too much of it. I just think that we need to focus on it during practice. And when we go out in the game, play smart and play free, and just make those plays.

“The main thing is just trusting what you see,” Wilson went on. “And when you see it, just let it rip and capitalize on these plays.”
    Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...#storylink=cpy
    Last edited by NateyB24; 10-04-2012 at 09:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    We may not agree on the QB but i agree with this the national people recognize ET for sure the only reason casual fans aren't talking about him is because he hasn't gotten the INT's like Ed Reed does.
    He's scary on film. He has the best closing speed of any defender in the NFL IMO.

vCash
    You keep that secondary together and it's going to be absolutely filthy, as if its not already

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    People wonder who are wondering why he is starting for the Seahawks this year; this is a big indication of why he is a great leader. He has relentless work-ethic and is already building great relationships with his receivers.
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

vCash
    Him and Kam are so ****ing deadly. Love, love, Sherman, too. Definitely my fav. players on the team.

vCash
    Legion of boom
    \

vCash
    THIS IS RIDICULOUS. He was said to be the better QB. The expectations are going to be high. We're a playoff caliber team, and he beat out the clear front runner for the QB battle based on being the "better player". What are you not understanding? We're not the Colts just throwing our rookie in there to help him learn. We're an extremely talented football team that needs to have the best player's in. It's not fair to the fans or the entire football team.
    Why do you put that in quotes? You think he won the job because he's a rookie? Obviously not. Think he won the job because he has more NFL experience? He doesn't. Think he won the job because the team has a greater investment in him? It doesn't. He won because the coaching staff believes he's the BETTER PLAYER. If Flynn ends up starting at some point and performs better, then I'll eat crow, but I don't understand how you're so sure he's the better player without actually seeing him play. COME ON NOW, HAVE SOME FAITH!

vCash
    Yeah, he was said to be the better QB and he proved it. He earned this job in the preseason.
    I'm In.

vCash
    You know what's frustrating. People constantly saying our receivers are blanketed when it's not true. People blindly following Wilson because they bought into the hype that he's some miracle out of college. But what's even more frustrating then that is people acting like the WR core, that did just fine with Tarvaris Jackson at QB even without our best WR in. Now everyone has decided we have the worst receiving core in the NFL. Oh come on. Pick an opinion and stick with it. What receivers are worse then last year? Do you think Baldwin is bad now? Is Sidney Rice not a deep threat? Was BMW a huge loss for this offense? All that reasoning is stupid to me. Sure we don't have a great WR core, but we're middle of the pack nonetheless. It's just like when everyone was saying how bad Denver's receivers were last year, when it was just people too goo goo to realize it was their hero Tebow that was the problem.

Do people really think that Flynn doesn't have a more grasp on the NFL then a rookie? Why do the only 2 games he had significant playing time in during the regular season not count for anything? Are you really giving up on our whole receiving core because our rookie QB can't throw the football? Lol the logic in this whole thread is just blowing my mind.
    Allowing a rookie who is 2-2 a little more rope is not "following the hype" it's common sense. Will he turn out to be a good NFL starter? I don't know. Neither do you. Only one of us wants to make that decision right now, however. Chill a bit, man. There are other franchise goals that "go all out to win this very second1!!11" One of those is finding and developing a franchise QB. Even if Flynn is currently better than Wilson, a proposition that has yet to be proved, we need to focus on the QB that is a better long-term solution. If Carroll can find a way into the playoffs while achieving that goal, a real possibility, that would be great. Thank God we aren't 1-3, if a .500 record in the first quarter of the season is enough to cause this kind of panic. . .

As for giving up on the receiving corps, I'm not. I think that Rice and Miller are serviceable pros and the rest are mostly young or injured guys. Again, they have potential to grow, much like Wilson. Should we throw the young guys off the field and bring back T.O. because he might currently be better than some of them? According to the reasoning you're using at QB, it seems like it.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normy View Post
    You and I are on the same page here. We are ready to win now. This is not the time to develop a 5'10" rookie. Lynch is a bad *** and our line is very good, we have a veteran QB who has not been given the chance and a defense that is going to end up being on the field all game. This thought of developing Wilson is misguided. If Flynn is a bust we need to look at the draft again for a big strong armed QB to complement the line and the running game, not a shifty scrambler who has a nice deep ball but who we have to move out of the pocket to make throws.
    Normy, Flynn has had 2 NFL starts. I would hardly call him a veteran. IMO we have 2 rookie QBs.

vCash
    If we got the loss in that Green Bay game would you still be defending Russell Wilson?
    If Braylon Edwards could catch, would you still be calling for his job ?
    I'm In.

vCash
    Has anyone else seen Russ do much pre-snap adjustments? The only thing I ever see him doing is sending receivers in motion. I rarely see him call a hot route or audible in the game, but maybe that's apart of the "lid" that Pete kept referencing in his interviews.
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

vCash
    DMc only has 3.5 YPC, .2 better than Johnson. So you lose a little at RB, but gain a ton at WR.

Plus, didnt CJ run for 100 last week?