Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should be the starting QB on the Seahawks?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russell Wilson

26 70.27%
  • Matt Flynn

11 29.73%
Page 25 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: MISC thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    Keyword awfully lol
    I really don't view his numbers as awful when you consider Lynch is touching the ball 24+ times a game with Turbin getting some carries to.

Caroll also said if we switched to Flynn he isn't going to change anything with the Offense so we would get pretty much the same result out of Flynn.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I really don't view his numbers as awful when you consider Lynch is touching the ball 24+ times a game with Turbin getting some carries to.

Caroll also said if we switched to Flynn he isn't going to change anything with the Offense so we would get pretty much the same result out of Flynn.
    His overall numbers for the game weren't horrible minus the three picks and no tds but for the season, one of the worst in the NFL

vCash
    I heard that Turbin is ready for a bigger role according to Carroll.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    I heard that Turbin is ready for a bigger role according to Carroll.
    I hope so from what i saw it looks like Lynch with more speed.

vCash
    Turbins a beast!!

vCash
    You can't put any of the blame on the defense especially when the Rams were converting 3rd and longs all game??

You can certainly put some of the blame on them.
    Meh... I'm not blaming them for giving up 19 points. It all goes on the offense and pathetic penalties.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    I hope Turbo doesn't take too many carries from Lynch.

I mean, he looked good, but that's one game. Lynch carries us every game all year.

vCash
    Turbin looked good when he carried the ball the whole season, i mean he isn't Lynch but the dude can run
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash

When PC came here he stated right away that he wanted an emphasis on the run game. My question is, why are we so brutal on the road? Is it because our o-line isn't experienced enough or that our QB has a hard time with the noise level of the home crowd? Home field advantage will make it harder on the offense but our D shouldn't miss a beat.

It isn't just this year that we suck on the road but it has been for the last few years now. It is the coaching staff's fault for the team not playing well on the road. To be successful in any league you have to be able to win games on the road or you will always play sub .500 ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelie View Post
    When PC came here he stated right away that he wanted an emphasis on the run game. My question is, why are we so brutal on the road? Is it because our o-line isn't experienced enough or that our QB has a hard time with the noise level of the home crowd? Home field advantage will make it harder on the offense but our D shouldn't miss a beat.

It isn't just this year that we suck on the road but it has been for the last few years now. It is the coaching staff's fault for the team not playing well on the road. To be successful in any league you have to be able to win games on the road or you will always play sub .500 ball.
    My honest opinion? We overachieve at home.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash

Concern about Wilson's small stature has proven valid. Defenses use interior linemen to disrupt passing lanes, which forces Wilson to abandon the pocket lest he hold the ball too long and get pounded by the pass rush off the edge. Wilson's speed helps him avoid sacks, but he's quick to dump the ball off if his first read is not an option. So, Seattle's conservative offense isn't solely a function of unimaginative playcalling. It's also a result of Wilson's inability to make plays thus far. His 5.94 YPA ranks 31st, and he has only two completions of 25-plus yards (32nd). While coach Pete Carroll said Wilson's still the starter, he didn't sound too confident about it: " We're going with Russell right now. He's working his tail off to get it right."
    (Rotowire.com)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    My honest opinion? We overachieve at home.
    And we underachieve on the road. We are better than St Louis, and we are better than Carolina. Being better on paper doesnt equal wins though. Our defense will have a challenge in Newton but I think we will prevail. We always bounce back after losses too.

vCash
    I think some of you are overreacting here to be honest i didn't like T-Jack last year but i also didn't want to go to Whitehurst because i thought he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and he showed that in the Cleveland game.

vCash
    Drew Brees' First 5 games as a starter:

15/19 160 yards, 78.9% Comp. 2 TD 0 INT 136.8 RAT

15/28 163 yards, 53.6% Comp. 1 TD 1 INT 68.0 RAT

17/31 181 yards, 54.8% Comp. 0 TD 1 INT 58.7% RAT

10/18 104 yards, 55.6% Comp. 1 TD 0 INT 91.0 RAT

26/42 235 yards, 61.9% Comp. 1 TD 2 INT 65.1 RAT

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Russell Wilson's First 4 Games as a starter:

18/34 153 yards 52.9% Comp. 1 TD 1 INT 62.5 RAT

15/20 151 yards, 75.0% Comp. 1 TD 0 INT 112.7 RAT

10/21 130 yards, 47.6% 2 TD 0 INT 99.3 RAT

17 / 25 160 yards, 68.0% Comp., 0 TD 3 INT 45.8 RAT

Saw this on another site and thought i would post the comparasion here Brees didn't light secondary's up in his first 5 games either.

Wilson really only threw 1 interception against the Rams that you can really pin on him Baldwin let somebody take a ball away from him and McCoy fell on his butt.
    Yeah Bree's was also 8-8 after that year, and didn't hit his stride in anything till about 2 years later. Not a good comparision IMO, because if he trends to what Brees did that year then we're not making hte playoffs.

Stop discounting the three picks. They happened and they go on the QB's stat sheet. Someone already mention there were 3 throws in the Green Bay game that were thrown right at defenders and dropped. He could have a lot more at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Yeah Bree's was also 8-8 after that year, and didn't hit his stride in anything till about 2 years later. Not a good comparision IMO, because if he trends to what Brees did that year then we're not making hte playoffs.

Stop discounting the three picks. They happened and they go on the QB's stat sheet. Someone already mention there were 3 throws in the Green Bay game that were thrown right at defenders and dropped. He could have a lot more at this point.
    So your discounting the fact that he could become as good as Bree's because were not making the playoffs this year? We all know he won't reach his true potential this year but let's not completely write the kid off yet. Did you see Tony Romo & Sanchez this week? I'd take those 3picks over their performances on any given day.
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS