Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should be the starting QB on the Seahawks?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russell Wilson

26 70.27%
  • Matt Flynn

11 29.73%
Page 131 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 1985

Thread: MISC thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seahawks509 View Post
    I predicted 10-11 wins. But we are playing a lot better than I ever expected.
    Love that avatar bro
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Raider fan here...I'm also on the bandwagon and I'm desperately hoping I don't bring bad luck to you guys.

The game this past weekend is one of the more enjoyable I've watched in the past decade or so, lol. So jealous of your QB...in 40 years of watching pro football, I've never seen a QB so willing to throw blocks. His guys must love playing for him. ...so jealous.

Good luck guys.

-Stork
    Thanks man. You know the O line has to see that too. It's got to make it easier on them knowing they aren't blocking for some prima donna *******.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    I recall predicting 8-9 wins and sneaking into the playoffs as the wildcard. The difference has been that Wilson unexpectedly turned into a top veteran QB in a few games and tied the rookie passing TD record. I freely admit I never saw that coming. I think few people did.
    Labgrownmangoat has been feeling stabby as **** lately and is taking a few days off to rest, relax, and recharge. That means drinking, sexual triathlons, and a drug buffet. Oh, and maybe a hike or two on some godforsaken mountain. And forgetting for a while about border ****ery, Russia's ****ery, and the GOP's ****ery, as well as avoiding the cackling whores who will be joyously celebrating the possible gutting of the Affordable Care Act. -- paraphrase of Rude Pundit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Yep which is why i wouldn't worry if Gus Bradley got hired i would be more worried with Bevell.

Look at this Defense its Petes vision giant SS undersized FS in Earl and CB's that are built like Safeties.
    It is pretty funny to see how small ET looks standing with the rest of the defensive backfield.

As for Bevell, I want everything to stay just as it is. We don't want to give Wilson the Alex Smith treatment and have him learn 18 offenses in his first few years. We want him to mature and become a master of a single offense, making it run like a well-oiled machine.
    Labgrownmangoat has been feeling stabby as **** lately and is taking a few days off to rest, relax, and recharge. That means drinking, sexual triathlons, and a drug buffet. Oh, and maybe a hike or two on some godforsaken mountain. And forgetting for a while about border ****ery, Russia's ****ery, and the GOP's ****ery, as well as avoiding the cackling whores who will be joyously celebrating the possible gutting of the Affordable Care Act. -- paraphrase of Rude Pundit

vCash
    Just think if Wilson wasn't leashed early on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawker562 View Post
    Love that avatar bro
    Thanks man

PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

vCash

Article - The Faith and Family Behind Russell Wilson

The childhood, family, and faith behind Seahawk Russell Wilson

In a way, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson started calling plays when he was in fourth grade.
    Whenever there was a rainy-day recess and the students had to stay inside to play, he directed the other kids in play - to the dismay of his teacher.

"They'd have a game or something they'd be playing and Russell would sit in the rocking chair and the other kids would be on the floor and he'd kind of run the game," says Russell's mom, Tammy Wilson. "His teacher said he was a little aggressive or assertive. I think he was a leader then."

Tammy, like most moms, is proud of her son.

"I always knew he was going to do something great, something special, because he's a special kid," she says.

Russell grew up in a close family in Richmond, Virginia with his dad Harrison Wilson III, his older brother Harry, and his younger sister Anna.

He spent every moment he could playing sports - especially basketball - with his big brother.

"Russell couldn't beat Harry, and he'd come inside and say, 'Mom, mom, Harry's doing such and such,' and I'd say 'Russell if you can't handle it, then maybe you need to stay inside,'" she recalls. "He'd pout, 'No, no, no, I'm going back out there.' I think his brother really helped him to be tough because Harry wouldn't just let him win."

While Russell lived for sports, mom and dad wanted to make sure he took school seriously too.

"I was the math/science support. My husband was the English and history support person and we just made sure they got their school work done."

Did Russell like school?

"He liked the socialization part," she says with a slight hesitation.

Tammy says around seventh grade he began to "leverage his friends" to improve his academics.

He knew there were other boys in his class who had better grades and seemed "smarter." He also knew he was a very good athlete. Russell helped them by practicing whatever sport they were trying to improve their skills in, while they assisted him in developing better study habits and understanding his homework.

When Wilson was in high school, something happened that prepared him for his rookie year as a Seahawk.

"He was in 10th grade and there was an 11th grader who was also going for quarterback who was 6'5" and what the coach decided to do that year was have a competition, just like Coach Carroll did, and let their play on the field make the decision about starting quarterback," says Wilson's mom.

Russell won then, and of course he won the quarterback battle with Matt Flynn to start for the Seahawks this season, even to his mom's surprise.

"I always knew he would get a start as a quarterback, but I have to be honest and say I never dreamed it would be this year," she says. "I never dreamed how well the team would do."

The biggest influences in Wilson's life - his faith and his father.

"When he's in trouble or doesn't know what to do, he'll read his Bible," Tammy says. "I always will say to him Russell, this is something you need to talk to the Lord about and you need to pray about and you need to be willing to listen to what he tells you."

Wilson's father, Harrison Wilson III, attended Dartmouth and became a lawyer. He was also athletic and went to training camp as a receiver with the San Diego Chargers in 1980.

Although he died in 2010, Tammy says her husband is responsible for Wilson's work ethic and discipline.

He would often prepare his sons, not only for sports, but for how they would talk about sports as professional athletes. Russell and his brother Harry even had to practice what they'd say if they someday won the Super Bowl.

"My husband always told the boys if there's any kind of business situation, wear a suit and wear a tie," she says. "That's why Russell is very adamant about taking a shower and being well groomed after a game before he does his press conference."

Tammy doesn't know what Russell's Super Bowl speech was as a teenager, but she thinks we'll all find out this year.

"Of course he'll be in the Super Bowl," she laughs, "I definitely think so."

By LINDA THOMAS
    http://mynorthwest.com/646/2172150/F...Russell-Wilson

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    I sure hope he'll be in the Super Bowl. I'm ready to hear his speech.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    lol wow kinda funny he ended up playing Professional Baseball before Professional Football hearing about how his dad had him prepare a football speech at a young age.

vCash
    New song for our Seahawks...

http://vimeo.com/57241749

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozerguy47 View Post
    New song for our Seahawks...

http://vimeo.com/57241749
    Facebook quality

3rd Trai Turner OG LSU

vCash
    That was pretty good
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I love Russ.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Eagles are also eying DC Bradley

3rd Trai Turner OG LSU

vCash
    Russell Wilson doesn't want to see Darrell Bevell go.

Russell Wilson
    The Seattle Seahawks quarterback has turned into a rookie of the year candidate under the direction of the offensive coordinator. Bevell, however, is a candidate for the Chicago Bears head coach job and is scheduled to interview with general manager Phil Emory on Saturday, a day before the Seahawks' playoff game against the Atlanta Falcons.

"Well, Coach Bevell was a tremendous coach and he does a tremendous job of just leading our football team in terms of our offense," Wilson said during his new conference this week, via the Chicago Tribune.

"His knowledge of the game, his enthusiasm that he brings, his work ethic, he's always here early, always leaving late, he obviously has a love for the game, and he's young. Not too many people can do that at a high level the way he does it. He's coached a lot of great players in his time.

Marshawn Lynch
    "Obviously, I pray that Coach Bevell stays here, but I also pray for the best for him as well. Whatever is best for him and his family, but at the same time he really helped me develop.

"We've grown a tremendous relationship over the past season, and we've really grown a lot in terms of play calling and just in terms of me knowing what he's going to call and expecting a call. That takes a lot of hard work and a lot of film and a lot of sitting down one on one, and just growing and building up that relationship, and we've definitely have done that."

Bevell first made a name for himself as an offensive assistant for the Green Bay Packers, where he formed a strong relationship with Brett Favre. He was the Minnesota Vikings coordinator from 2006 to 2010 before he was hired in Seattle.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...darrell-bevell

Can't blame him sure we didn't like Bevell at the beginning of the season but having to always change your OC could screw with a QB like what happened to Alex Smith.