Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should be the starting QB on the Seahawks?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russell Wilson

26 70.27%
  • Matt Flynn

11 29.73%
Page 12 of 133 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: MISC thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Well I wanted Wilson in GB. I got **** on over it quite a bit too. So honestly I can relate to you guys more than you think lol

I just think there's a little too much air in the SEA bubble right now.

It will be fun to watch him though for sure.
    If you have had to sit through some of the past few seasons we did with the incosistency at QB. You would be flying high like we are and excited to see what this kid can do! The next Rogers!! LOL!
    \

vCash
    Last couple years we have been using game managers (yes Matt was at best a game manager last season he was here). So when we see a QB like Wilson who can take games over and who inspires the team and makes them better. Well we get excited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Last couple years we have been using game managers (yes Matt was at best a game manager last season he was here). So when we see a QB like Wilson who can take games over and who inspires the team and makes them better. Well we get excited.
    Not to anger anyone because this is my own opinion but i have always thought of Hasselbeck like i have of Alexander good player but not great.

vCash
    Hasselbeck and Alexander are both among the greatest Seahawks at their positions, Nate.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I don't think he like's short QB's either that or he is just trolling he made a comment earlier in the thread how Caroll doesn't know what he is doing.
    Funny thing is how few of us were excited when Rodgers became the starter lol

vCash
    I remember I wanted him to play so bad, to just totally **** the bed. But now I'm glad he's doing so well. He's a good guy.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    That's because he was replacing Favre that's a hard thing to do i bet they love him now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Hasselbeck and Alexander are both among the greatest Seahawks at their positions, Nate.
    Sorry to double post but i would put neither of them up there with Walter Jones or Largent i would put Hutchinson in this group but he ditched us.

1. Russell Wilson

You heard me … Russell Wilson!

You know where I stand: I believe the quarterback position comes down to 50 percent charisma/personality/leadership/intelligence/coolness-under-pressure, 25 percent hard work and 25 percent talent. If you're the smartest, coolest and most charismatic guy in the huddle, if you're the one who stands out even when 53 dudes are busting each other's balls in the locker room after a practice, if you're the one everyone likes, if there's just something indefinable about you that makes people say, "There's just something special about the way that dude carries himself," you're halfway there. Playoff hockey teams become unbeatable once they believe, "Nobody is scoring on our goalie, he's locked in." (See: Quick, Jonathan, 2012.) Playoff basketball teams become virtually unbeatable when they believe, "Our guy is better than everyone else's guy, period, end of story." (See: James, LeBron, 2012.) And football teams turn into playoff teams when they believe, "I would run through a wall for my quarterback." We have decades and decades of evidence to back this up.

Well, have you read the preseason stories about Wilson? People gush about him like they're Tom Cruise gushing about his latest co-star — Wilson turns people into smiling, raving, super-intense Level Seven Thetans. I've never seen anything like it. Wilson outworked everyone on the Seahawks this summer, showing up every morning at 6:30 a.m. to study film. By mid-August, he was stealing Matt Flynn's job away, and maybe even Pete Carroll from his wife — a giddy Carroll has done everything short of trying to hyphenate his last name to Carroll-Wilson. And every time a national media member crosses paths with Wilson, they're reduced to a trembling pile of goo: like ESPN's Jon Gruden, who recently gushed, "When Russell Wilson walks in the room, you feel his presence. He has an incredible vibe about him that's outstanding for an offensive football team and a team."

You can feel his presence??? Thank God Russell Wilson decided to become a quarterback instead of an evil cult leader — we could have had the next Manson on our hands. Anyway, you know how much I love this stuff. I spent a good three hours Googling Russell Wilson stories last week and getting more and more sucked in. Did you know he transferred from North Carolina State to Wisconsin after his junior year, only none of the NC State fans held it against him — if anything, they kept rooting for him??? Did you know Wisconsin fans gush about Wilson the same way they once gushed about Dwyane Wade? Did you know that Wilson once struck a deer with his car, then brought the deer back to life just by touching it? (Fine, I made that one up.) Did you know Wilson repeatedly says things like "I want to be great" and actually seems like he believes it?

I feel like Russell Wilson fell out of the sky for me. He vindicates everything I ever thought about football — that it takes more than just talent, that it doesn't always have to make sense, that it's more of a chemistry/personality/intangible sport than we think, that there's no safer bet than a talented kid with a chip on his shoulder who spent his entire career proving people wrong (and can't wait to do it again). He's a shorter Drew Brees with even more to prove. He's the ultimate litmus test — a QB who fell 50 picks too late because of his height, and now he wants to shove that indignity in everyone's face. Throw in Seattle's sneaky-good defense, its killer home-field advantage, a quality running game and a city that's been dying — repeat: dying — to have a sports hero again, and to absolutely nobody's surprise, I'm riding shotgun in the Cult of Russell this season.6

Will the Seahawks win 11-12 games? I say yes.

Will they win the NFC West? I say yes.

Will they make the Super Bowl? (Deep breath.) YES! I'm picking a Ravens-Seahawks Super Bowl. And if when it happens, you'll hear more about Wilson than any other quarterback this season: More than Brady, more than Rodgers, more than Peyton Manning, more than Tim Teb— actually, you won't hear more about Wilson than Tim Tebow. ESPN and the NFL Network will make that impossible. But everyone else? Hell yeah! And on that note, let's breeze through the Week 1 picks …
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...erbacks-league

Wow this guy has been drinking the kool aid lol.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 09-07-2012 at 02:50 PM.

vCash
    Damn, that got me hyped.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Bill Simmons... not sure how to react to that. More the merrier.

vCash
    I think the biggest concern is going to be pass protection this year. Our O-line does not seem stable. We need 5 consistent guys in every down. Injuries happen but we can't decide who starts where. I'm still really concerned about right tackle and the guard positions. Really depth in general on the O-line. Our run blocking seems good, but our pass blocking gets beat up pretty bad against top of the line pass rushers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    I think the biggest concern is going to be pass protection this year. Our O-line does not seem stable. We need 5 consistent guys in every down. Injuries happen but we can't decide who starts where. I'm still really concerned about right tackle and the guard positions. Really depth in general on the O-line. Our run blocking seems good, but our pass blocking gets beat up pretty bad against top of the line pass rushers.
    Line is the least of our worries i loved what i have seen from it i think our problem is going to be a explosive wide out our TE's really aren't explosive either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    Why would you be concerned about RT?

vCash
    Click.
    (Pete Carroll using Russell Wilson as the example of what he's looking for in a quarterback while speaking to a group of young QB's in a classroom on July 22.)

vCash
    OMFG.

Watch this now.

How Russell Wilson won the job.