Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who should be the starting QB on the Seahawks?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russell Wilson

    26 70.27%
  • Matt Flynn

    11 29.73%
Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1985

Thread: MISC thread

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,542
    vCash
    1777
    Guess I'm just behind the times then. Lol.

    At least football is starting soon so we can stop talking. One more day!

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,542
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Moffitt's been hurt. He's the #1 RG when he's healthy.
    Okay thought so. I know he had played well.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,192
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I agree with that statement to a point. Sitting on the bench had a lot more to do with Tom Clements and Mike McCarthy than Favre. I can see some Favre in him at times but he wasn't being mentored by him in ANY way. Clements and McCarthy have proven they can coach kids up. That's what happened. They took those rigid Tedford mechs and made them one of the easiest going deliveries I've ever seen. It's quite amazing.

    Wilson probably doesn't need that type of thing, well he doesn't, but hitting the film room for a year and really understanding the game at this level more sure wouldn't be a negative.

    How's your OL overall look this year? He won't get David Carr'd or anything, know this, but is it decent?
    A year in an NFL film room would certainly help any rookie qb, but I think the thing about Wilson that has been the most surprising to the organization is how intelligent he is. Pete says he comes up with a solution to every problem.

    Bottom line is that with the roster they have in place, they owe it to themselves to play the best qb they have and they believe Wilson is too tough and too smart to get rattled.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,192
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Okay thought so. I know he had played well.
    That is unless Sweezy pulls a Russell Wilson. I don't see that happening though because starting from scratch at OL is just way too much information to grasp in one offseason I would think. Physically Sweezy's been a beast, but man that'd be asking a lot.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,115
    vCash
    1500
    How was McQuistan last year? I never played any football, so I don't know the schemes and stuff, and how to judge lineman etc.

    I know the game, but I couldn't tell you what play is what or anything like that.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Farmington Arkansas
    Posts
    12,154
    vCash
    1500
    Carpenter got better as year went on. His big problem was penalty's, he was getting like 2-3 a game early on.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,192
    vCash
    1500
    Mcquistan was decent. He gets beat sometimes, but he played some respectable football for a backup. He's no threat to steal the LG job from Carp long term just because he's not a starter quality athlete, but I think we can feel good about him starting 4-6 games on the interior.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,860
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    That is unless Sweezy pulls a Russell Wilson. I don't see that happening though because starting from scratch at OL is just way too much information to grasp in one offseason I would think. Physically Sweezy's been a beast, but man that'd be asking a lot.
    But Carpenter has had no time to gel either has Moffitt i don't know if we should thrust those guys into action i guess the good part about starting Wilson is if those guy's do play and take time to gel Wilson is mobile.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Stevens
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    A year in an NFL film room would certainly help any rookie qb, but I think the thing about Wilson that has been the most surprising to the organization is how intelligent he is. Pete says he comes up with a solution to every problem.

    Bottom line is that with the roster they have in place, they owe it to themselves to play the best qb they have and they believe Wilson is too tough and too smart to get rattled.
    Anyone else thinking a Mariner esque commercial is necessary. Russell "Macgyver" Wilson.


    6-4

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Farmington Arkansas
    Posts
    12,154
    vCash
    1500
    I am now pretty sure Norm and that Bears fan are same person. No Bears and Packers fan could agree so easily, has to be a double, plus no two people can be that incompetent.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,542
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    I am now pretty sure Norm and that Bears fan are same person. No Bears and Packers fan could agree so easily, has to be a double, plus no two people can be that incompetent.
    LOL

    I hang out in the Bears forum all the time.

    And nothing I said is being incompetent. I've countered you over and over, maybe I go too far. But I'm just throwing stuff back at you like you are throwing at me.

    Anyways, I'm not trying to step on toes and you don't offend me. I like to argue lol

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Farmington Arkansas
    Posts
    12,154
    vCash
    1500
    For record I was joking and you are not one I consider making incompetent statements. I actually have enjoyed arguing/debating with you. It is the Bears fan I can't stand. Then again I seem to not be able to stand any Chicago sports fans.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Farmington Arkansas
    Posts
    12,154
    vCash
    1500
    You at least seem willing to wait and see. He on other hand, Wilson could make pro-bowl and win multiple playoffs games and he would still attack and put down Wilson. That is what I hate, when a "fan" completely closes off mind and decided no matter what they can't be wrong. I defend everything I say but in the times I am proven wrong I freely admit it.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    89,542
    vCash
    1777
    Well I wanted Wilson in GB. I got **** on over it quite a bit too. So honestly I can relate to you guys more than you think lol

    I just think there's a little too much air in the SEA bubble right now.

    It will be fun to watch him though for sure.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,860
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    For record I was joking and you are not one I consider making incompetent statements. I actually have enjoyed arguing/debating with you. It is the Bears fan I can't stand. Then again I seem to not be able to stand any Chicago sports fans.
    I don't think he like's short QB's either that or he is just trolling he made a comment earlier in the thread how Caroll doesn't know what he is doing.

Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •