Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should be the starting QB on the Seahawks?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russell Wilson

26 70.27%
  • Matt Flynn

11 29.73%
Page 118 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1985

Thread: MISC thread

vCash
    As a skins fan, I was very impressed with Russell Wilson's second half. Being a casual Badgers fan, I watched him a bit in college. Definitely the best QB I've ever seen in their run-heavy system. I can't say I'm surprised it's translated to the NFL but I am surprised it happened this quickly. Who knows who will win the OROTY award? The only thing we can say for sure is that RG3 and Wilson had the two best rookie seasons of any QB in a long time. What's really important now is who wins on Sunday! You've had our number in our last two playoff matchups... here's to a good game! HTTR!!

Oh yeah, I'm the guy who said the Seahawks were a 6-10 team at best. I will gladly eat my words. Any sig wagers for Sunday's game?
    Last edited by NatSkinCapWiz; 01-01-2013 at 12:46 AM.

vCash
    All 3 QB's deserve it. I think you could make a case why each of them deserve to win. RGIII probably has a small advantage being East coast.

Quite honestly i rather Schneider wins executive of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamMelo15 View Post
    NO way Luck deserves this award. It's between Russ & RG3 and might be decided after this week's game. Anybody know when they make the official announcement?

I think the voting started today and ends before the first playoff game.

vCash
    If it comes out before Sunday I want RG3 to win it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    If it comes out before Sunday I want RG3 to win it.
    That's mean. When we beat the Skins, the voters are going to feel stupid.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    It'll just be more motivation for this team and more distraction for the Redskins. Then when Russell and the Seahawks steamroll the Skins, everyone will get to think about what they've done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    This is straight false. RG3 leads the league in passing yards/attempt. He goes deep a lot. Yeah he throws the short passes, and uses the read option (which we use because of Washington's success), but he has a very similar playing style to Russell.
    Not straight false. The passing yards/attempt includes YAC (or RAC whichever you prefer.) Just read in ESPN that through week 15 Andrew Luck lead the league in "Air Yards", defined as actual distance of thrown passes. Russell Wilson was 6th. Griffin wasn't listed.

Also when it comes to deep passes (throws down field of 15+ yards) there is substantial separation from Luck and Wilson to Griffin. Through week 17: Luck is 3rd (27% of pass att.), Wilson is 7th (23.2%) and Griffin is 27th (18.3%.)

Some QBs (not a complete list, just randomly selected) and their YAC averages for reference:

Brandon Weeden 6.3
    Robert Griffin III 5.74
    Tom Brady 5.41
    Aaron Rodgers 5.15
    Drew Brees 4.96
    Matt Stafford 4.8
    Andrew Luck 4.75
    Matt Ryan 4.75
    Peyton Manning 4.72
    Russell Wilson 4.63
    Eli Manning 4.34
    Last edited by Caribou Lou; 01-01-2013 at 09:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Caribou Lou View Post
    Not straight false. The passing yards/attempt includes YAC (or RAC whichever you prefer.) Just read in ESPN that through week 15 Andrew Luck lead the league in "Air Yards", defined as actual distance of thrown passes. Russell Wilson was 6th. Griffin wasn't listed.

Also when it comes to deep passes (throws down field of 15+ yards) there is substantial separation from Luck and Wilson to Griffin. Through week 17: Luck is 3rd (27% of pass att.), Wilson is 7th (23.2%) and Griffin is 27th (18.3%.)

Some QBs (not a complete list, just randomly selected) and their YAC averages for reference:

Brandon Weeden 6.3
    Robert Griffin III 5.74
    Tom Brady 5.41
    Aaron Rodgers 5.15
    Drew Brees 4.96
    Matt Stafford 4.8
    Andrew Luck 4.75
    Matt Ryan 4.75
    Peyton Manning 4.72
    Russell Wilson 4.63
    Eli Manning 4.34
    Hmm. I guess it's true. Well at least there's a stats the RG3 loses to Russell in. I think Wilson has progressed to be better, but I still thing RG3 has had the better overall season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I love Earl Thomas but having Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner locking receivers down let him do so much more free lancing.
    Are you sure its not the other way around?

vCash
    This season RG3 faced three top ten scoring defenses (CIN, ATL, PIT) and three top ten yardage defenses (CIN, PIT, CAR) and lost all four of those games (0-4).

Russell Wilson faced five top ten scoring defenses (SF, SF, CHI, NE, MIA) and five top ten yardage defenses (SF, SF, NYJ, CAR, CHI) and went 5-2. Also beat GB who ranked 11th in both scoring and yardage which would make him 6-2 against the top eleven defenses.

vCash
    They help each other, but having elite corners allow Earl Thomas to play deep, deep, deep centerfield and be a ball hawk.

I can't find the screenshot, but Earl Thomas was playing 25-30 yards deep. He's the most important part of the secondary.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I don't know why people automatically say Flynn sucks now the Russell is doing awesome. Russell play doesn't change the fact that a lot of teams need QB's, and Flynn has shown success at the NFL level. Might only be 2 games, but they were a hell of a 2 games. Plus his contract is small for a QB, and if it doesn't work out no team will suffer from it. We might be able to get a 2nd round pick you never know. Teams might get really desperate. This years QB class isn't suppose to be very good.

vCash
    I don't know why people automatically say Flynn sucks now the Russell is doing awesome. Russell play doesn't change the fact that a lot of teams need QB's, and Flynn has shown success at the NFL level. Might only be 2 games, but they were a hell of a 2 games. Plus his contract is small for a QB, and if it doesn't work out no team will suffer from it. We might be able to get a 2nd round pick you never know. Teams might get really desperate. This years QB class isn't suppose to be very good.
    People are dumb
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Matt Flynn is a good player and teammate and if another team needs a QB or a veteran backup to help their young guy develop, he'd be a good one to consider

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    I don't really know of anyone who's said that. I think the better Wilson does the better Flynn looks.