Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should be the starting QB on the Seahawks?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russell Wilson

26 70.27%
  • Matt Flynn

11 29.73%
Page 91 of 133 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1985

Thread: MISC thread

vCash
    Wilson, Mariota is a system QB that only works at the College level he looks to much like a athlete then a QB to me.

I don't think there has been one successful QB that has played under Chip at Oregon that has gone to the next level and had success.

By Brady Henderson

Thursday was Russell Wilson's 24th birthday, which was news to some of his Seahawks teammates.

"Oh, man, I didn't even know that. He hid it from us. I'm glad you told us," Leon Washington said during his conversation with Bob Stelton and Dave Wyman. "That's the kind of guy he is – this guy's always about his business."

There are stories about the detailed texts and emails he regularly sends to his receivers about their next opponent, which he does the morning after the previous game. All the time he spends at the team's practice facility led coach Pete Carroll to joke that Wilson was planning on taking a three-hour vacation during the bye week.

Washington gave another example. He said he was trying to joke around while heading to the practice field earlier Thursday when Wilson reminded him of the importance of ball security, a point of emphasis as Seattle prepares for a Bears defense that has a knack for forcing fumbles.

"High and tight, Leon. High and tight," Washington recounted.

Wilson entered the NFL with questions about how his small stature would translate to the pro game, but his credentials as a leader were never in doubt. When he transferred to Wisconsin, you may remember, he was voted a captain within weeks of stepping foot on campus.

Still, though, that's a role normally assumed in the NFL by veterans and rarely by rookies, who are typically busy enough trying to adjust to life in the NFL.

By all accounts, Wilson's teammates appreciate his approach.

"He's always focused on what he needs to do. That's special, especially from a rookie quarterback. That is extremely special," Washington said.

Wilson, also a guest with Stelton and Wyman on Thursday, was asked about his birthday plans and whether the occasion would warrant deviating from his normal Thursday routine.

Of course it wouldn't.

"Nothing different. I'm just relaxing, trying to figure out what my wife has planned for me, but she won't tell me," he said. "But that's about it. Just getting ready for this week. Obviously, my main focus and my only focus really is just going out there and playing against the Bears. It should be a great game, playing in Soldier Field."

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=719&sid=...medium=twitter
    I took this post from Melo from the Wilson thread so credit him but there is no way i am replacing a guy like this.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 12-01-2012 at 05:46 PM.

vCash
    There will never be a good QB that comes from Oregon. They have a gimmick offense. Mariota is a great college QB but in the NFL it is all about accuracy, pocket presence, and knowing when to break the pocket. Wilson struggled at first but has been getting better and better, and I am all in on Wilson. Mariota would be a good NFL RB LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drew_ellis_23 View Post
    There will never be a good QB that comes from Oregon. They have a gimmick offense. Mariota is a great college QB but in the NFL it is all about accuracy, pocket presence, and knowing when to break the pocket. Wilson struggled at first but has been getting better and better, and I am all in on Wilson. Mariota would be a good NFL RB LOL.
    This, Wilson can read defenses Mariota can't plus he has a cast full of world class athletes around him including himself he either takes off or he scrambles around until somebody gets open this won't work in the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    This, Wilson can read defenses Mariota can't plus he has a cast full of world class athletes around him including himself he either takes off or he scrambles around until somebody gets open this won't work in the NFL.
    Wilson has already shown he can "make it" at the NFL level and I will take that all day every day. I love the guy! This guy gets it and he is always prepared. Like they say, 'if you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail!"

vCash
    I've been on Russ's bandwagon since I first heard he took the starting position!

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    So i saw the video on Youtube a more clearer one breaking it down and man they really gotta change this rule to if the player looks like he is intending to target the head because all he did was tap the dude.

Even though it was the right call this is the most stupidest penalty imo one of these days they are going to make it so you can only touch the QB down and not hit him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=49sNHgahFAI
    Last edited by NateyB24; 12-02-2012 at 01:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelie View Post
    Wilson has already shown he can "make it" at the NFL level and I will take that all day every day. I love the guy! This guy gets it and he is always prepared. Like they say, 'if you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail!"
    I would still take Wilson if they came out at the same time i watch quite a bit of Oregon and there QB's either hand off to the RB take it themselves or use there speed and run around until somebody gets open.

Not a very good system to go to if you have inspirations of being a Pro QB good school to go to if you want a chance at the NC though.

vCash
    I'll take a bird in the hand over a bird in the bush, even if the one in the bush if 5 inches taller. . .
    …authoritarian followers drive through life under the influence of impaired thinking a lot more than most people do, exhibiting sloppy reasoning, highly compartmentalized beliefs, double standards, hypocrisy, self-blindness, a profound ethnocentrism, and—to top it all off—a ferocious dogmatism that makes it unlikely anyone could ever change their minds with evidence or logic. These seven deadly shortfalls of authoritarian thinking eminently qualify them to follow a would-be dictator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelie View Post
    Oh come on Tilzer. You can't let some guy with his first post come on here and stir ***** up. Maybe you would like him to stay, and I agree we need more members with pertininent posts, but you don't let a guy come on "OUR" forum and make a statement like that without some reprecussions. Have you ever heard of a "troll" before?
    I don't think he's trolling. I think he's wrong, but not trolling. The idea that Flynn comes in and we start throwing the ball 15 more times a game is ridiculous, and I think putting him in for reason other than injury doesn't make sense. Wilson and the receiving core have been playing 10 times better in the last 4 weeks. I still think he rolls out too much (but a lot of people are saying that is one disadvantage he has for being short, and sometimes he has to make his own lanes), and I don't think he goes to Rice enough, and Tate too much. However he's gotten better from the beginning of the season to now. Unless he takes a serious step backwards, I don't see a reason to let Flynn in.

vCash
    I think a more interesting question would be would you rather have had Peyton hop on Paul Allen's private jet in Denver and signed with the Seahawks? Or would you still prefer Wilson?

What What!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burleson81 View Post
    I think a more interesting question would be would you rather have had Peyton hop on Paul Allen's private jet in Denver and signed with the Seahawks? Or would you still prefer Wilson?
    Peyton Manning mentoring Russell Wilson. Best of both worlds.

WE 3ELIEVE!

Seattle Seahawks Real Salt Lake Utah Jazz Seattle Mariners

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I wanna convince a girl to put on a Russell Wilson outfit so I can just plow her into yesterday.

vCash
    Ztilzer's dupe?
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    He was in mid air, how the hell is he gonna change direction.

It's the rule, fine. But it's not worse than any other roughing call that doesn't get fined. He jumped to swat the ball not to hit him. He didnt do anything extra when he hit him either. Tried to stop and he couldn't.

****ing physics.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by furmat60 View Post
    Peyton Manning mentoring Russell Wilson. Best of both worlds.
    This.

vCash
    This thread can be closed now lol. Wilson is here to stay. He's an animal.

WE 3ELIEVE!

Seattle Seahawks Real Salt Lake Utah Jazz Seattle Mariners

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I wanna convince a girl to put on a Russell Wilson outfit so I can just plow her into yesterday.

Page 91 of 133 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast