Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should be the starting QB on the Seahawks?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russell Wilson

26 70.27%
  • Matt Flynn

11 29.73%
Page 90 of 133 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1985

Thread: MISC thread

vCash
    Sure. Let's bench a rookie with a higher passer rating than Drew Brees and Eli Manning in order to play a career backup. . . That won't mess up the QB position for years or anything.

In other words, your post is 4 months late.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamMelo15 View Post
    What? Why do you sound like you know this guy or something, or do you agree with him that much.
    No I don't know him, and if you didn't have selective reading you'd know I don't agree with him either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    No I don't know him, and if you didn't have selective reading you'd know I don't agree with him either.
    Oh come on Tilzer. You can't let some guy with his first post come on here and stir ***** up. Maybe you would like him to stay, and I agree we need more members with pertininent posts, but you don't let a guy come on "OUR" forum and make a statement like that without some reprecussions. Have you ever heard of a "troll" before?

vCash
    Okung is a beast. Needs to cut down the penalties like baller said, and stay healthy.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash

Would you take Marcus Mariota over Russell Wilson?

If he was available, would you take Marcus Mariota over Russell Wilson? Obviously you have to project out on this one since Wilson's older, but I think Mariota's farther along and will ultimately be more talented. He's got the better build, being 5 inches taller, and is showing the same level of decision-making skills as Wilson.

Mariota as a Freshman: 12 games, 2,511 yards passing, 30 touchdowns passing, 6 interceptions, 69.9 completion rate, 165.4 passer rating, 690 yards rushing, 4 touchdowns rushing, 2 yards receiving, 1 touchdown receiving

Wilson as a Senior: 14 games, 3,175 yards passing, 33 touchdowns passing, 4 interceptions, 72.8 completion rate, 191.8 passer rating, 338 yards rushing, 6 touchdowns rushing, 56 yards receiving, 1 touchdown receiving

With his size, I think Mariota will ultimately be the more accurate of the two. I think Mariota's also the stronger runner. Even next to two top-tier running backs, he's already run for 255 more yards in a season than Wilson ever did, and there's still a game left.
    Mariota's game against USC with 304 yards passing, zero interceptions, four touchdowns, an 87.7 completion rate, 96 yards rushing and a 255.4 quarterback rating is, in my opinion, better than any game Wilson put together in college.
    So would you take the risk?

vCash
    No. Wilson has shown he can be successful in the NFL already.
    I'm In.

vCash
    NO. Mariota looks clearly like a college QB that would be feasted on in the pros.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakman View Post
    NO. Mariota looks clearly like a college QB that would be feasted on in the pros.
    I echo these sentiments, he's clearly a college system QB.
    He felt that one

Bye Bye Haters

KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

vCash
    In Russ I trust!

What What!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakman View Post
    You could just as easily have said that about Wilson when he was in college.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 12-01-2012 at 04:31 PM.

vCash
    Wilson has so far proved himself in the NFL; the biggest test any player will face, especially quarterbacks. Extremely talented college QBs often fail at the NFL level for one reason or another, so it's hard to compare someone who has been tested and found worthy against someone yet to be tested at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Hunter View Post
    Wilson has so far proved himself in the NFL; the biggest test any player will face, especially quarterbacks. Extremely talented college QBs often fail at the NFL level for one reason or another, so it's hard to compare someone who has been tested and found worthy against someone yet to be tested at all.
    Of course. I put the caveat at the beginning of the thread for that exact reason, because we need to project out, but Mariota's trajectory is significantly higher than Wilson's so far, in terms of how fast they've developed. Mariota is almost matching Wilson's performance as a senior.
    But whether he can survive the NFL is a different story. One of the reasons I like him is his superior size, field vision and run game. I think that size will also play into him being more accurate than Wilson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Hunter View Post
    Pretty much sums it up right here!

WE 3ELIEVE!

Seattle Seahawks Real Salt Lake Utah Jazz Seattle Mariners

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I wanna convince a girl to put on a Russell Wilson outfit so I can just plow her into yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Of course. I put the caveat at the beginning of the thread for that exact reason, because we need to project out, but Mariota's trajectory is significantly higher than Wilson's so far, in terms of how fast they've developed. Mariota is almost matching Wilson's performance as a senior.
    But whether he can survive the NFL is a different story. One of the reasons I like him is his superior size, field vision and run game. I think that size will also play into him being more accurate than Wilson.
    I understand what you mean. On paper he should be better than Wilson, but Wilson has been very hard to categorize by the common metrics.

vCash
    Wilson is a gamer, not many QB's I would take over him.

Page 90 of 133 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast