Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Yunel Escobar

vCash
    Asdrubel's gonna cost alot more then Yunel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoKid View Post
    Not sure if you know but the Astros are moving to the AL West next season. Sorry if you knew.
    I know. But trading w/in the divsion isn't something that phases Billy Beane. That was my point.
    The Astros may have a problem with it but I don't see why since Lowrie's only been with them for 1 season, and we're not true rivals.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    I know. But trading w/in the divsion isn't something that phases Billy Beane. That was my point.
    The Astros may have a problem with it but I don't see why since Lowrie's only been with them for 1 season, and we're not true rivals.
    I don't know how you can say that! I can't remember any significant trades within the AL West

vCash
    I can't think of anything significant. I only can remember a few form Texas:
    A's get Duckesure (I know i butchered it) from texas
    A's trade Melhuse to Texas
    A's get Moscoso from texas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoKid View Post
    I don't know how you can say that! I can't remember any significant trades within the AL West
    I've heard Beane say he's open to trading within the division.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    I've heard Beane say he's open to trading within the division.
    THat's what I was going by; he's said in numerous interviews that he has no qualms about trading within the division.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Other GM's might not feel the same way, though. I mean, when was the last time you saw a major trade in the same division? I can't think of many.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    Other GM's might not feel the same way, though. I mean, when was the last time you saw a major trade in the same division? I can't think of many.
    Cliff Lee for then highly touted prospect Justin Smoak.

vCash
    ^^ haha that trade was a fail for Seattle. Both by initially acquiring him and the package they got for him
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    I thought it was a decent trade initially. It just didn't work out in the end.

vCash
    Right, but the point is there aren't many trades like that. It's not impossible, it just doesn't happen often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    I would think Escobar would be easy pickings from Miami right now. Makes 5m per for the next few years and they have Hech for SS. Billy tosses 3 low crap arms, I mean life preservers to Miami and presto!
    I don't think he can trade you, me and cheez and get Escobar in return, there would need to be some upside to the players, though i don't think they would have to be at advanced levels. Thing is while the marlins are cheap 5 mill wont break the bank for the marlins, they are still making money hand over foot, he has a decent bat, i think they might wait to trade him at the dead line, see if a team will over pay.d I feel the same with Nolasco.

Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    I've seen Escobar every game for the last few years and can honestly say the guy is a rock defensively, plus range and arm. His bat is quite decent although last year with all the injuries he tried to do way too much. He appears moody and unfriendly, but I'm pretty sure it's just his lack of conversational english that holds him back from being a good teammate to everyone on the team. When he's jibing with Bautista and other spanish players he looks like he's having a good time. After the Jays, the A's have always been my 2nd favourite team and I think you guys would really appreciate him.
    this is why i think they will market him as a 2nd/3rd/SS at the deadline to get more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    Right, but the point is there aren't many trades like that. It's not impossible, it just doesn't happen often.
    But the actual point was whether Beane would be willing to trade within the division. He has said so, and there is precedent within the division within the last few years.

vCash
    Susan Slusser tweeting :

In tomorrow's Chronicle: #Athletics are in talks for #Marlins Yunel Escobar after doing a great deal of due diligence

vCash
    Interedting. Escobar is probably one of the cheapest SS on the trade market, so I dig it
    Unleash the Mamba!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast