Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Yunel Escobar

vCash
    trading within the division
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by momoneyyyy View Post
    esocabar is off the table he is going to the marlins
    idk about that, they got that hechavaria kid too, plus Escobar makes 5 mill i think he gets dealt personally

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    I don't understand what do you mean by the same division thing?
    Not sure if you know but the Astros are moving to the AL West next season. Sorry if you knew.

The A's do have to make a decision about SS. From what I have read Drew is being coveted by Boston to buy some time for Iglesias. I do think the A's should try to get Cabrera from the Indians. The A's have and abundance of what the Indians need. I would assume they would trade Coco and a young Starter for Cabrera who is under team control for 3 more seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoKid View Post
    Not sure if you know but the Astros are moving to the AL West next season. Sorry if you knew.

The A's do have to make a decision about SS. From what I have read Drew is being coveted by Boston to buy some time for Iglesias. I do think the A's should try to get Cabrera from the Indians. The A's have and abundance of what the Indians need. I would assume they would trade Coco and a young Starter for Cabrera who is under team control for 3 more seasons.
    young starter... who? james simmons? lol

vCash
    I could see someone like Gray or Peacock become expendable in a deal for a Cabrera type of SS
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agureghian View Post
    young starter... who? james simmons? lol
    A guy like AJ Cole, Ian Kroll, Sonny Gray or Brad Peacock. Again the A's have an plethora of young arms to deal away. By the way I am not a big fan of James Simmons.

vCash
    I don't think James Simmons has any value at this point, just a failed former SP prospect who's now a mediocre minor league relief pitcher.

vCash
    Looking at the past deadline, it seems Straily's name was thrown around here and there when GM's were looking to trade with the A's. I see Straily as one you can package if you want a good talent back at SS.

Problem is, he's a quality arm to let go and absolutely destroys it in AAA. Can he do the job in the bigs ? Yet to be seen to its fullest extent.

My guess is we'd have to part with him if we want quality back. But he could land a pretty good SS I'd imagine.

vCash
    Straily has star potential, but he's also expendable in the RIGHT deal. Im not willing to trade the guy for a low end shortstop, but if he can net a Asdrubal Cabrera, I'd be willing
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    I would think Escobar would be easy pickings from Miami right now. Makes 5m per for the next few years and they have Hech for SS. Billy tosses 3 low crap arms, I mean life preservers to Miami and presto!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Straily has star potential, but he's also expendable in the RIGHT deal. Im not willing to trade the guy for a low end shortstop, but if he can net a Asdrubal Cabrera, I'd be willing
    I believe that a Straily and a very low end prospect would be all that is needed to land Cabrera. Straily is MLB ready and is a potential #1 with a floor of a solid #4. That is exactly what Cleveland is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    I would think Escobar would be easy pickings from Miami right now. Makes 5m per for the next few years and they have Hech for SS. Billy tosses 3 low crap arms, I mean life preservers to Miami and presto!
    The A's may only have to part with one "low crap arm". As it stands now, Escobar (who is expendable) would make the 2nd highest salary for the Marlins this year.

vCash
    I saw that for miami....terrible. escobar makes 5 million and he's the 2nd highest paid behind Nolasco's 11 which is no question getting moved
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    I've seen Escobar every game for the last few years and can honestly say the guy is a rock defensively, plus range and arm. His bat is quite decent although last year with all the injuries he tried to do way too much. He appears moody and unfriendly, but I'm pretty sure it's just his lack of conversational english that holds him back from being a good teammate to everyone on the team. When he's jibing with Bautista and other spanish players he looks like he's having a good time. After the Jays, the A's have always been my 2nd favourite team and I think you guys would really appreciate him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    I just still feel Escobar has attitude problems, everywhere he goes you hear about his character concerns. I would much rather target Cabrera.

vCash
    sarcasm with simmons lol

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast