Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yunel Escobar

Hybrid View

vCash

Yunel Escobar

The Blue Jays are looking to trade him again. If we cannot retain Drew should we go after him again?

vCash
    if we dont resign drew, i say absolutely. this guy has talent. as lon as he isnt doing stupid **** like eye black with *** written in spanish on it
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Yes, exactly my thoughts.

vCash
    Truthfully, I feel like Drew will be resigning with us, but if not I'm a bit torn on Escobar at this point. At the deadline I wouldn't have minded adding him, but at this point I'm not sure. He obviously is very talented but he's also a giant head case it seems which isn't good for a young team like ours.

I really don't feel like it'll matter though, because I'm thinking there's about a 98% chance Drew resigns.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    I think Drew will resign, but if he doesn't I just don't want anything to do with Escobar after the last incident. I would rather try to go after Lowrie, Gordon, or Kozma before Escobar. Sure they aren't as talented, but they aren't head cases either.

vCash
    What if we resign drew trade for escobar and move him to third

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider0510 View Post
    What if we resign drew trade for escobar and move him to third
    Can Escobar even play third base?

Anyways we all ready have Donaldson who proved down the stretch he can be a solid contributor.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    Not sure we need a 3B. We have Donaldson, and if he fails we have Sizemore.

vCash
    You know, I wud initially be against this, but then again, our "fun" clubhouse in 06 absorbed the controversial and volatile personality of one: Milton Bradley, and that turned out well, so I wud welcome Escobar if Drew doesn't return.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    For me, Drew > Escobar

I concentrate on signing my own player whose better than the trade bait that's out there.

vCash
    No to Yunel at 3rd. Donaldson should be fine I don;t think any Yunel would be a good idea.

vCash
    I would only go after Yunel if he was dirt cheap. A ~30 year old SS coming off a sub par year isn't the kind of guy I want to overpay for.

I have no idea why anyone would even want Yunel at 3rd. Most of his appeal is that he plays SS, if you take him off that position his value would probably plummet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    I would only go after Yunel if he was dirt cheap. A ~30 year old SS coming off a sub par year isn't the kind of guy I want to overpay for.

I have no idea why anyone would even want Yunel at 3rd. Most of his appeal is that he plays SS, if you take him off that position his value would probably plummet.
    The way Donaldson handled himself last year, one would assume the job is his to lose. He's the frontrunner, with Sizemore & Weeks battling for the 2b job. Drew at SS (For what cost, who knows at this point).

Catcher is a different story. It will take some Beane/Wolf dough to grab the likes of Napoli in the FA market, so that's pretty far fetched....I'd personally go at him hard, put Norris back down to Sac, & grab Kottaras as the backup.

vCash
    I think Drew will be resigned to a two year deal.

vCash
    Eh... he wouldn't be my first choice. But if for some reason we can't resign Drew I wouldn't be against it.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast