Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That sounds pretty awesome. 2015 cardinals also sound like complete bad ***** lol

vCash
    #STLCards agree to terms with Mitchell Boggs & Edward Mujica on one-year contracts for the 2013 season, thus avoiding salary arbitration.
    https://twitter.com/Cardinals

vCash
    No numbers yet. If Mujica has another good year I wouldn't mind a multiple year extension with him. Sad with Boggs. Longer we can shorten the game for the 7th-8th-9th the better. We need another set up man though. These guys all tired down the stretch

vCash
    Well I don't think we need to add anyone from outside the organization.

We have so many arms that deserve to be starting.

Rosenthall isn't going back to the minors, so either he'll get a rotation spot (highly unlikely) or he'll be in the pen with these guys.

Scrabble and Choate have the left side

Motte, Boggs, Mujica, Rosenthall, and one of Kelly or Lynn (most likely Kelly) will be in the bullpen.

And when Garcia comes back (if no one else is hurt) that means either Westbrook or Miller or Lynn/Kelly will be sent back to the pen.

We have too much pitching to worry about adding anyone or giving anyone any additional money for future seasons.

Motte is the only one likely to get too expensive in arbitration though. So a multi-year deal to him makes some sense (made more sense last off-season when I was campaigning for it).

And you still have Salas/Sanchez etc that you can add to this mixture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Well I don't think we need to add anyone from outside the organization.

We have so many arms that deserve to be starting.

Rosenthall isn't going back to the minors, so either he'll get a rotation spot (highly unlikely) or he'll be in the pen with these guys.

Scrabble and Choate have the left side

Motte, Boggs, Mujica, Rosenthall, and one of Kelly or Lynn (most likely Kelly) will be in the bullpen.

And when Garcia comes back (if no one else is hurt) that means either Westbrook or Miller or Lynn/Kelly will be sent back to the pen.

We have too much pitching to worry about adding anyone or giving anyone any additional money for future seasons.

Motte is the only one likely to get too expensive in arbitration though. So a multi-year deal to him makes some sense (made more sense last off-season when I was campaigning for it).

I think bullpen lays out best as:

closer: Motte
    set up: Boggs
    7th/8th/9th: Rosenthal
    7th:Mujica
    middle relief: Kelly
    Lefty: Zep
    Lefty: Choate

I think Kelly is the perfect guy to pitch in the 5th-6th-7th type innings. Important innings that can be hard to find relievers when a guy gets knocked out early or injured

rosenthall is perfect for late innings, he can pitch in any late inning when needed or whenever a guy like Motte isn't available

I think there's a lot of potential for a great bullpen here

vCash
    thats doesn't even include Miller or Lynn

damn i like our pen

vCash
    I feel like there is a ton of potential for Lynn In the rotation but I also feel like Miller should be in it this year and if it comes to it Miller should be in and Lynn in the pen this year

vCash
    With Garcia, Waino, and Carp all in the same rotation..... 2 of the 3 are likely to have DL stints at some point so Lynn to the pen/spot starter is fine with me.

I wish Westbrook would go to the pen so we could have waino, carp, lynn, Garcia, and miller..... but i doubt that happens

vCash
    Alot of money to put in the pen. I wish Mo hadn't signed him so quick but it was before miller turned it around, Rosenthal emerged and we had no clue Lohse would have such a terrible market

vCash
    Boggs -1.45 million
    Mujica - 3.2 million

Freese offered 3.75 million
    Cardinals offered 2.4 million

Zep offered 1.3 million
    Cardinals offered 900K

Motte offered 5.5 million
    Cardinals offered 4.5 million

All 3 very close. Don't think it will be an issue.
    Last edited by Skippy15; 01-18-2013 at 08:11 PM.

vCash
    If those guys don't have a great ST they'll either be in AAA where Salas will most likely be DFA'd or traded. Sanchez has a lot of work left to fine tune his stuff. Salas, a decent player in his own right, just got passed by like 3 people on the depth chart.

vCash

vCash
    Wainwright on last years negotiations with team

"I liked where it was headed"

Also said there's no hard deadline. Sounds like good news. I think we can get a fair deal done.

vCash

I dont see why they couldnt work out an extension that buys out Motte's arbitration years and provides a fixed cost and leaves the team flexibility for the future. 3/21 would be a nice deal and limited or no trade protection.

vCash
    Dewitt acknowledged yesterday that they will let the payroll grow in coming seasons from the 115 million it will be around this year.

I'm assuming this doesn't mean the next few years so much as it does in 3-5 years when the big guys like Miller, Tavares and Wong are getting bigger money but also to keep other quality players also.

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast