Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm assuming Skip asked to be traded, Moz called the LA teams and asked about getting him there to accommodate him. I doubt Moz was going to net really anything for him. Cash, PTBNL, utility prospect or a far away arm. That was all he was going to get for him.

vCash
    Totally agree. Schu had value with us but he isn't worth much as far as a trade. Of course no one thought Freese was the player he is today when we traded edmonds for him either. He sure showed them though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I'm assuming Skip asked to be traded, Moz called the LA teams and asked about getting him there to accommodate him. I doubt Moz was going to net really anything for him. Cash, PTBNL, utility prospect or a far away arm. That was all he was going to get for him.
    Strauss reported last week that the cardinals and skip agreed after the playoffs that it might be time to move on. This has been known a long time inside he was going to be moved I think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    It's really incredible how similar the cardinals and reds are on field

Rotation:

1. Wainwright v Cueto - I'll take Wainwright all day

2. carpenter v Latos - Edge to Latos at this point in there careers.

3. Lynn v Arroyo - I'll take Lynn. Should improve. Arroyo is what he is

4. Westbrook v Baily - Wash. Neither great, similar production

5. Miller/Garcia v chapman - we don't know who it will be. Could be Miller/Lynn/Garcia. I have a feeling it won't be Garcia. Just a feeling. No one knows what to expect from Chapman. He obviously can't throw 100 mph a whole game. Also gets wild. Both teams unknown factors

Field

C: Molina vs Hannigan. Don't think this is even a question. Molina

1B: Craig v Votto. Craig no slouch but Definately Votto

2B: ???? v Phillips. We don't even know but most likely Phillips anyway

SS: Furcal v Cozart. I'd give edge to Cozart. Furcal could stay healthy maybe closer but decent size gap IMO

3B: Freese v Frazier. I'll take Freese easily. Not very close IMO.

LF: Holliday v Ludwick. Holliday easily.

CF: Jay v Choo. Edge to Choo but much closer than if they were playing a corner. Jay a much better defender and Choo's defense will hurt his numbers overall

RF: Beltran v Bruce. I'll take Beltran. Better hitter and honestly the last 2 years Bruce defensive numbers not overly impressive. His defensive war was actually worse than Beltrans last year

Bullpens are very evenly matched. Both should be dominate this season.

Benches still being changed around

Very similar teams. Season could literally come down to how guys like Miller do vs how guys like Chapman do or how the cardinals second basemen does this year

Derrick Goold wrote an excellent article today regarding what you are talking about... Really great read. He looked at the difference in WAR among the teams and basically the difference between the Reds and Cards was the difference practically the same as the distance in the standings. Our rotation was the biggest drag on our team WAR. Goold surmises that even though the Reds added Choo, if our rotation performs to what it is capable of it should cut that difference down. Hopefully that will make it a race next year.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...aa02c7d16.html
    Last edited by cards7; 12-13-2012 at 01:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    Derrick Goold wrote an excellent article today regarding what you are talking about... Really great read. He looked at the difference in WAR among the teams and basically the difference between the Reds and Cards was the difference practically the same as the distance in the standings. Our rotation was the biggest drag on our team WAR. Goold surmises that even though the Reds added Choo, if our rotation performs to what it is capable of it should cut that difference down. Hopefully that will make it a race next year.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...aa02c7d16.html
    Thank you for sharing that. Great article.

Also makes me feel like even more we need to do something for 2B.

Part of me still believes that if we moved Furcal to 2B his defensive value will go up at an easier position and that if we could acquire another starting SS. A guy like Cabrera or even a guy like Alex Gonzalez then it would help the team greatly. Also keeping Furcal's elbow healthier

vCash
    **** the angels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    **** the angels
    I know. Them and the dodgers are trying to ruin baseball.

This is not how the game is supposed to be.

vCash
    I don't understand why the angels are spending so much on hitters?

Their pitching kinda sucks. They have weaver and them Wilson who im impressed with and then some okay guys.

I don't understand it. The rangers will still be better

Edit:

Chances are the angels will owe 50 million annually to Hamilton and Pujols. I've never seen such horrible and disturbing spending
    Last edited by Skippy15; 12-13-2012 at 03:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    I know. Them and the dodgers are trying to ruin baseball.

This is not how the game is supposed to be.
    LA as ruined baseball. The Yanks were bad, but I honestly don't know if they were ever this bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    At least the yankees have made huge deals like this with a few years distance between each one but the dodgers and angels are in a breed of their own.. they are just cornering and flooding the market in their favor in the sense that the players are going there by throwing all this money but they will be stuck with those huge contracts to their detriment.

vCash
    cubs signed anibal sanchez

vCash
    Source: Cardinals have signed Dominican RHP prospect Alex Reyes,18, for $950K. Reyes played HS in Elizabeth, NJ, but moved to the DR in 2011

Via twitter

vCash
    I'd love to keep signing these kids with our extra payroll

vCash
    Yeah its great that we are making some signings in the latin america... hopefully we can find some diamonds in the rough.. though I would like to see st. louis sign some asian players though.... need so taguchi 2.0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    I'd love to keep signing these kids with our extra payroll
    Well, there is a limit on how much you can pay these kids in a year now.

But this budget should be spent in full every year.

Page 41 of 54 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast