Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I just read the reds may have interest in Skip. They are looking for a lead off hitter and left fielder.

I completely agree he could help them greatly. But why in the hell would we help the reds lol. Obviously we won't be. But who the hell would think we would be willing to help them when they are the biggest competition for the division
    Last edited by Skippy15; 12-07-2012 at 10:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    I just read the reds may have interest in Skip. They are looking for a lead off hitter and left fielder.

I completely agree he could help them greatly. But why in the hell would we help the reds lol. Obviously we won't be. But who the hell would think we would be willing to help them when they are the biggest competition for the division
    id trade skip for stubbs they are said to be wanting to move him he is a speed player and a right handed bat

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    id trade skip for stubbs they are said to be wanting to move him he is a speed player and a right handed bat
    Oh god. I would play David Ortiz in center before trading for Drew Stubbs lol

vCash
    Maybe Ortiz was a bad example since we don't have him lol I'd play Yadi in center before trading for Stubbs lol

Obviously I'm kidding but here's why I'd absolutely never want him. He's a great speed guy but he can't get on base which means its wasted speed offensively

He strikes out at a terrible rate, averaging 196 per year compared to averaging only 58 walks. He has shown some power but I don't see the power being enough to offset his terrible strikeouts and his lack of getting on base.

He's just such an unimpressive player. He also strikes out on horribly stupid pitches. Chasing pitches a foot outsid down and away. Kinda like Dunn except Dunn usually had a great OBP and power at least and if he's at first base he at least isn't a liability. Stubbs also had a negative WAR last year which is never good.

Stubbs is a very good defender but just a waste offensively
    Last edited by Skippy15; 12-07-2012 at 01:20 PM.

vCash
    Maybe Ortiz was a bad example since we don't have him lol I'd play Yadi in center before trading for Stubbs lol
    yadi would prolly be an amazing center fielder nothing would ever get past him or hit the ground ha

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    yadi would prolly be an amazing center fielder nothing would ever get past him or hit the ground ha
    Hahaha while he slides on his knees to block balls going by lol

vCash
    I didn't realize dee Gordon was a good hitter in the minors. That would perk my interest more if I'm the cardinals but not enough to wanna give up what they want

vCash

Are numbers Choate has worn for other teams so I'd expect one of those that aren't taken up.

vCash
    I didn't realize dee Gordon was a good hitter in the minors. That would perk my interest more if I'm the cardinals but not enough to wanna give up what they want
    When was he a good hitter in the minors?

Gordon is fast and could have a nice glove.

He isn't going to hit at this level though. If he could turn himself into a patient ground ball slapper, he would at least be productive, but I don't even see that happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    When was he a good hitter in the minors?

Gordon is fast and could have a nice glove.

He isn't going to hit at this level though. If he could turn himself into a patient ground ball slapper, he would at least be productive, but I don't even see that happening.
    How wasn't he a good hitter in the minors?

In 5 seasons combined he has a .301 average and an OBP of .354 if not for a bad stint of 8 games last year on what I'm assuming was rehab he would have better numbers even, a big chunk of it at AAA

That's a good hitter. I didn't say power hitter or by any means that he was a great hitter or he would be a good major leage hitter. But just because he hits singles doesn't mean he wasn't a good hitter in the minor leagues.

If you add in that with his defense (if it improveds) he could be a great lead off hitter.

It's not like I said they have the next Jimmy Rollins or Jose Reyes. just that he was an accomplished hitter in the minors compared to a guy who I thought was hitting the same he has in the majors.

While I don't believe he neccessarily becomes a quality mlb level hitter I see why people think it has potential as a lead off hitter

vCash

Are numbers Choate has worn for other teams so I'd expect one of those that aren't taken up.
    I have a feeling he isn't the kind of guy that's particular about what number he wears.

vCash
    Looking through MLB.com and ESPN to see what FA RH OF bats are out there:

Jeff Baker
    Marlon Byrd
    Andrew Jones
    Ben Francisco
    Austin Kearns
    Joe Mather
    Andres Torres
    (anyone else people could think of)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bda28 View Post
    I have a feeling he isn't the kind of guy that's particular about what number he wears.
    That's what I was thinking lol

Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    Looking through MLB.com and ESPN to see what FA RH OF bats are out there:

Jeff Baker
    Marlon Byrd
    Andrew Jones
    Ben Francisco
    Austin Kearns
    Joe Mather
    Andres Torres
    (anyone else people could think of)
    Baker is an okay option but he has no real power.

Austin kearns is an interesting name if had some more power.

Andrew jones has plenty of power but is pretty god awful at everything else

We know what Mather gives us. I think Hariston would be our best option for outfield and alex Gonzalez for middle infield

vCash
    How wasn't he a good hitter in the minors?

In 5 seasons combined he has a .301 average and an OBP of .354 if not for a bad stint of 8 games last year on what I'm assuming was rehab he would have better numbers even, a big chunk of it at AAA
    He was never once a league average hitter at any level.

The only positive is that he was young for his levels.

Zero extra base power.

If you look at each leagues, league average hitter, he never once reached it. Every level he has been at has been a very high offensive league in a very high offensive ball park.

He is a shortstop, and overall they are a little worse offensively. But he isn't a good hitter, and never has been. The thing that helps him is his age.

vCash
    That's what I was thinking lol

Baker is an okay option but he has no real power.
    When he faces lefties he does.

.202 career ISO vs lefties

That's Andre Dawson, George Foster, Dale Murphy power.

Career .296/.344/.498 vs lefties.

You sign him to face lefties, and minimize him facing righties (Skip, Descalso, Carpenter will do that).

That is almost exactly Orlando Cepeda's career slash line

He can play second base and both corner outfield positions and even third if ever necessary (as well first obviously).

He stars every game that a lefty faces us, bats 6th or 7th, and is a pinch hitter vs lefties later in games.

He will hit close to .300 with a .500 slugging. He is the perfect fit.

Then you don't have to use two roster spots on Harriston and Gonzalez. You have one player that fills both needs.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 12-07-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast