Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Matheny was on MLB Network at the Winter Meetings.

I love him so much more than I loved Tony.

vCash
    Our future rotation is so exciting

1. Wainwright (signed through this year)
    2. Carpenter (signed through this year)
    3. Garcia (signed for awhile, injuries though)
    4. Shelby Miller (6 more years of control)
    5. Jake Westbrook (signed through this year)

Additional starting options for 2013:
    Joe Kelly, Trevor Rosenthall, Lance Lynn (all better than Westbrook, worse than Miller (at this point))

2014 rotation

Let's assume Wainwright, Carpenter, and Westbrook all walk

1. Miller
    2. Garcia
    3. Lynn
    4. Rosenthall
    5. Kelly

Additional starting options
    Carlos Martinez, John Gast, Michael Wacha

2015 starting pitching options

1. Miller
    2. Martinez
    3. Wacha
    4. Garcia
    5. Lynn/Rosenthall/Jenkins/Kelly/Gast

Do we really need Wainwright? I mean.....of course, I'm assuming everyone pans out at least okay. But we have soooo much depth. Considering 9 guys are slated for 2015 at this point, all under team control for years after that. It's easy to see that 5 of them can pan out, considering how close they all are already.

Matheny told Rosenthall to come to ST expecting to start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    im not even sure i'd go 2/14

the dude had a great second half with the giants but thats it imo. He played way above his capabilities.

He'd be a nice addition but im not one for giving 37 year olds multiple year deals
    Completely agree but I'm willing to over pay some for having him this year as a starter at 2B, if Carpenter fails we are back to Descalso. Love Descalso off the bench because of his great versatility but 400+ at bats a year? Not so much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Our future rotation is so exciting

1. Wainwright (signed through this year)
    2. Carpenter (signed through this year)
    3. Garcia (signed for awhile, injuries though)
    4. Shelby Miller (6 more years of control)
    5. Jake Westbrook (signed through this year)

Additional starting options for 2013:
    Joe Kelly, Trevor Rosenthall, Lance Lynn (all better than Westbrook, worse than Miller (at this point))

2014 rotation

Let's assume Wainwright, Carpenter, and Westbrook all walk

1. Miller
    2. Garcia
    3. Lynn
    4. Rosenthall
    5. Kelly

Additional starting options
    Carlos Martinez, John Gast, Michael Wacha

2015 starting pitching options

1. Miller
    2. Martinez
    3. Wacha
    4. Garcia
    5. Lynn/Rosenthall/Jenkins/Kelly/Gast

Do we really need Wainwright? I mean.....of course, I'm assuming everyone pans out at least okay. But we have soooo much depth. Considering 9 guys are slated for 2015 at this point, all under team control for years after that. It's easy to see that 5 of them can pan out, considering how close they all are already.

Matheny told Rosenthall to come to ST expecting to start.
    Actually yes I think we do need wainwright. I don't believe in Jaime Garcia's ability to stay healthy and I don't have a ton of faith in Martinez becoming a starter. If I was setting up our rotation I'd be looking to the future in 2015 being

Wainwright
    Miller
    Wacha
    Lynn
    Rosenthal

Kelly, Martinez to the pen. If things change and Martinez is showing more starting with ability to stay healthy I will make changes and make a trade or move guys around but I'm a huge believer in keeping established aces (wainwright) but also a huge believer in dont count your chickens until they hatch.

Shelby miller and Michael Wacha, Lynn IMO are for sure at least average mlb pitchers. I don't have that same faith in Garcia or Martinez. Mostly because of health and mechanics

vCash
    im not even sure i'd go 2/14

the dude had a great second half with the giants but thats it imo. He played way above his capabilities.

He'd be a nice addition but im not one for giving 37 year olds multiple year deals

Dont see a 2 year deal as a huge thing.. But 3 doesnt make any sense for a player his age..

I think Scuturo goes back to Giants..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelshunde4 View Post
    Dont see a 2 year deal as a huge thing.. But 3 doesnt make any sense for a player his age..

I think Scuturo goes back to Giants..
    Agreed, no reason to leave unless they refuse to pay him and underpay him severely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Actually yes I think we do need wainwright. I don't believe in Jaime Garcia's ability to stay healthy and I don't have a ton of faith in Martinez becoming a starter. If I was setting up our rotation I'd be looking to the future in 2015 being

Wainwright
    Miller
    Wacha
    Lynn
    Rosenthal

Kelly, Martinez to the pen. If things change and Martinez is showing more starting with ability to stay healthy I will make changes and make a trade or move guys around but I'm a huge believer in keeping established aces (wainwright) but also a huge believer in dont count your chickens until they hatch.

Shelby miller and Michael Wacha, Lynn IMO are for sure at least average mlb pitchers. I don't have that same faith in Garcia or Martinez. Mostly because of health and mechanics

I hear ya.

Garcia will be paid 9.25 million in 2015, but the two seasons after that are both club option years with cheap buyouts.

He would be an expensive bullpen arm, or guy sitting on the DL. But the rest of the rotation and bullpen (minus Wainwright) are either making league minimum or are early in arb.

Leaving lot's of options to either buy a free agent pitcher if we need one, or to spend our money on our lineup until 2018, when most of these guys will start reaching free agency and either need to be paid or let go.

vCash
    I hear ya.

Garcia will be paid 9.25 million in 2015, but the two seasons after that are both club option years with cheap buyouts.

He would be an expensive bullpen arm, or guy sitting on the DL. But the rest of the rotation and bullpen (minus Wainwright) are either making league minimum or are early in arb.

Leaving lot's of options to either buy a free agent pitcher if we need one, or to spend our money on our lineup until 2018, when most of these guys will start reaching free agency and either need to be paid or let go.
    It's an extremely exciting time to be a cardinals fan.

The good thing about these guys is we should be able to keep a lot of them when it's free agentcy time by saving money now and the fact guys like Holliday and Molina come off the books in 2017/2018. Holliday 2017/2018. That will be 32 million alone. If we keep our farm system the current rate we could be like the Rays except with some more money so we could actually keep our big players longer than they can

vCash
    The Dodgers are interested acquiring Skip Schumaker. The Cardinals are willing to trade him.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ml...skip-schumaker

Dodgers want Skip

vCash
    Please don't overpay for Scutaro. None of us want that.

vCash
    Looks like Bengie Molina is gonna take Mabrys jobs as assistant hitting coach. thats neat i guess

vCash
    Looks like Bengie Molina is gonna take Mabrys jobs as assistant hitting coach. thats neat i guess
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...medium=twitter

That's pretty damn awesome but I admit I'm disappointed. I was hoping for Jimmy Edmonds

vCash
    Matheny was on MLB Network at the Winter Meetings.

I love him so much more than I loved Tony.
    Not that I care because I'm not a TLR lover by any means, I liked him. I thought he was a good manager but was a pretty abrasive person.

But do you have some unfond feelings with LaRussa because you didn't like his managing style or did it have something to do with how it went down with Ozzie smith, someone you have said before your quite fond of lol

vCash
    Scutaro to the giants for 3/20m.... really bad contract... good for scutaro though

vCash
    Agreed

Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast