Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Any interest in Rich Hill as our second lefty if Burnett, Choate, and whoever else falls through

vCash
    We just had Hill a couple of years ago, and I don't think he would be dependable.

They really want someone solid. If the FA's fall through, then we'll be trading for someone dependable.

vCash
    Hahaha I completely forgot about rich hill being here. Probably because he never made played for the mlb team

vCash
    any non-tendered players you guys interested in?

maybe Tom Gorzelanny, Manny Parra, or Dan Schlereth as a LOOGY? each have got decent numbers vs lefties but could maybe be more effective if that was their only role.

Jurrjens is a fun name to think about but im gonna bet there will be some serious demand for him.

Mark Reynolds for a power bat off the Bench + backup 3B/1B?

I dont really see either of the last 2 happening but its interesting to think about

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    any non-tendered players you guys interested in?

maybe Tom Gorzelanny, Manny Parra, or Dan Schlereth as a LOOGY? each have got decent numbers vs lefties but could maybe be more effective if that was their only role.

Jurrjens is a fun name to think about but im gonna bet there will be some serious demand for him.

Mark Reynolds for a power bat off the Bench + backup 3B/1B?

I dont really see either of the last 2 happening but its interesting to think about
    To go along with this

@JoeStrauss I would think there is someone on the non-tender pile of major interest to Cardinals.
    3:30pm - 1 Dec 12
    @JoeStrauss I would also expect Mo' to swing a trade in Nashville. #Developing
    3:31pm - 1 Dec 12
    From joe strauss just now. I know some people hate him because he is pretty flat out honest but personally I hold his opinion pretty highly, he knows his stuff when it comes to this. If you dislike him because he makes fun of sabermetrics that's a different story. But the man knows his insider baseball knowledge of the cardinals.

Sounds like this will be a fun week everyone

vCash
    I want the beard!

Lol, but he is going to make too much next year. But I still want him.

vCash
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ml...y-sean-burnett

Cardinals interested in Sean Burnett, who wants a 4 year deal.

vCash
    baahahaha, he isn't getting a four year deal.

3 is the max he can command, and I doubt he necessarily even gets that.

He will have a few suitors, but 3/24 is the absolute max that he will command, and I personally think he should get more like 2/12 as his max.

The Dodgers are really ****ing the market up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    To go along with this

From joe strauss just now. I know some people hate him because he is pretty flat out honest but personally I hold his opinion pretty highly, he knows his stuff when it comes to this. If you dislike him because he makes fun of sabermetrics that's a different story. But the man knows his insider baseball knowledge of the cardinals.

Sounds like this will be a fun week everyone
    Struass is definitely knowledgeable when it comes to players and transactions and stuff. I love following him for that

but yeah, he has his annoying moments for sure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    baahahaha, he isn't getting a four year deal.

3 is the max he can command, and I doubt he necessarily even gets that.

He will have a few suitors, but 3/24 is the absolute max that he will command, and I personally think he should get more like 2/12 as his max.

The Dodgers are really ****ing the market up.
    Via mlbtraderumors

In response to a rumor regarding free agent lefty reliever Sean Burnett seeking a four-year deal, agent Jim Munsey told MLBTR tonight, "Those words have never come out of my mouth nor Sean's. We are not seeking a four-year deal and it's crazy to hear such rumors out there. Complete fabrication by someone."

Munsey told MLBTR he's pleased with the amount of interest in his client, and looks forward to the free agent process playing out. Burnett, 30, is the top free agent lefty reliever on the market. I would expect Jeremy Affeldt's three-year, $18MM contract to be a point of reference in negotiations.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...u0BFtRq0GU7.99

vCash
    Nationals have engaged in trade talks for Danny Espinoza. He's 25, pre arb and can't become a free agent till 2017. Strauss said a trade was developing with Mo and he plays SS and 2B. The team and fans have both acknowledged a need for a SS of the future. He had 2.4 war last year playing 2B

I don't know much about his fielding ability because I don't fully understand the saber fielding stats. But he adds really good power from the SS/2B position and I think he can raise his average to become a .270 hitter which would help his OBP go up.

Think this could be our guy? Big negative is his strike out totals but at the same time he wouldn't be a needed centerpiece if he can play good defense and add in the power. He's a guy we would hit probably 7th and just be added power and some speed to the line up
    Last edited by Skippy15; 12-02-2012 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    i would be fine with danny

vCash
    I feel like he isn't the greatest option ever but his power, contract status and age make him a pretty attractive option IMO. I also still think he can improve his strikeout issues with some proper mentoring.

Like I said idk about his defense though

vCash
    He's not very good at SS but could maybe improve. Assuming Wong is the full time 2B by 2014 at the latest, I dont know if this makes sense, tho it would definitely improve the 2B position for 2013

he's got 20/20 potential right now but could definitely improve to 25/25 or so, so thats also very intriguing about him

vCash
    I guess my question is is his defense so bad SS that his offens and defense cancel each other out? Like Theriot

Or does he add enough offensive value that he's makes up for his lacking defense

Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast