Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It was reported last night Brandon Dickson will be being removed from the 40 man roster and signing with a team from Japan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    I don't think Beltran can play center, he had one of the worst ranges in right field last year, he always has sore knees and could re injure himself worse. I don't see that as an option overall.

One scenario I saw was trading Craig as a centerpiece and moving either Holliday or Beltran to first base
    Who are we getting back in that instance? Still talking Stanton here? I'd be all over giving up Craig+ for Stanton
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Actually second thought, I'd rather keep Craig and used something else to get Stanton. Having both those guys and Holliday in the line up would be awesome
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Maybe next offseason we could make a move involving Jay, one of the 3B we just drafted, and a few pitching prospects

Holliday in LF, Tavaras in CF, and Stanton in RF. Some people dont see tavaras as an everyday CF but when you have the offense like that in your OF, you can sacrifice some D. Maybe by then it'll be time for Craig to go to LF and Holliday to 1B

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Maybe next offseason we could make a move involving Jay, one of the 3B we just drafted, and a few pitching prospects

Holliday in LF, Tavaras in CF, and Stanton in RF. Some people dont see tavaras as an everyday CF but when you have the offense like that in your OF overall, you can sacrifice some D.
    Stanton would cost us, pretty big too. But gosh would he be worth it! Wacha + Wong + ??? Would be worth it though having Tavaras and Stanton for the future.

vCash
    Jay, Martinez, Carson Kelly, plus a few more lower specs?

more than likely not enough but i'd do it

not big on giving up wong though. We have had a real 2B since Vina and i'd like one for once haha

vCash
    Not even close to being enough

vCash
    throw in Swagerty and Jenkins

then MAYBE its close haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    throw in Swagerty and Jenkins

then MAYBE its close haha
    We'd have to throw in a top bat, Tavaras being untouchable IMO, would leave Wong. We have Matt Carpenter that will be playing some second base and I see him being able to take that spot for himself.

I don't know a whole lot of anything about prospects and what would be wanted...I highly doubt we'd be a trade partner if they did decide to trade him away, sadly.

vCash
    That scenario i said would include craig for stanton. But heres my thing, We don't need him anyway. We will still be a great offensive club without him. So I don't like the idea of moving Jay, Wong, Tavares or Craig. Our line up in 2014, if guys live to potential will be one of he best in baseball and the defense should be really solid to, unlike if we trade for Stanton

1. Wong - 2B
    2. Tavares - RF
    3. Holliday - LF
    4. Craig - 1B
    5. Molina - C
    6. Freese - 3B
    7. Jay - CF
    8. Shortstop (if Cabrera or Andrus would move up obviously)
    9. Pitcher

Add matt carpenter super sub who will get 400 at bats easily between time at 3B/LF/RF/1B/2B/PH

Plus just think if we acquire a guy like Cabrera at SS, or if becomes available and we are interested Andrus.

We don't have any big time mashers but Craig, Freese, Holliday, Molina, Tavares all have 20 to 25+ plus home run potential (Crag and Holliday both still have 30+power imo) and if we add Cabrera that gives us even more power to the line up. Andrus more speed. I still think Cabrera is the more likely trade target.

But all those guys are around .300 hitters or better, 20-25+ home runs.

We have a ton of future pitching.

Why trade for something we don't need just because he's a great player?

While I'd love to have Stanton I don't think we should even try unless the marlins only want decent prospects

vCash
    That scenario i said would include craig for stanton. But heres my thing, We don't need him anyway. We will still be a great offensive club without him. So I don't like the idea of moving Jay, Wong, Tavares or Craig. Our line up in 2014, if guys live to potential will be one of he best in baseball and the defense should be really solid to, unlike if we trade for Stanton

1. Wong - 2B
    2. Tavares - RF
    3. Holliday - LF
    4. Craig - 1B
    5. Molina - C
    6. Freese - 3B
    7. Jay - CF
    9. Pitcher

Add matt carpenter super sub who will get 400 at bats easily between time at 3B/LF/RF/1B/2B/PH

Plus just think if we acquire a guy like Cabrera at SS, or if becomes available and we are interested Andrus.

We don't have any big time mashers but Craig, Freese, Holliday, Molina, Tavares all have 20 to 25+ plus home run potential (Crag and Holliday both still have 30+power imo) and if we add Cabrera that gives us even more power to the line up. Andrus more speed. I still think Cabrera is the more likely trade target.

While I'd love to have Stanton I don't think we should even try unless the marlins only want decent prospects
    Stanton has uncharted potential. 6'5 250 and athletic, can hit around .300 and put up around 40 HR's. I'd be more than ok giving up some pitching to get him. We have starting pitching up the *** at the moment. Miller/Lynn/Rosey/Wacha/Kelly/Martinez....We can afford to give up some pitching for this kind of talent.

Lets say took Craig + Wacha + someone else little further away from the bigs

Next year

Jay-CF
    Beltran-LF
    Holliday-1B
    Stanton-RF
    Molina-C
    Freese-3B
    Carpenter-2B
    Furcal-SS
    P

Future

Wong-2B
    Tavaras-LF
    Holliday-1B
    Stanton-RF
    Molina-C
    Freese-3B
    Jay-CF
    SS
    P

Stanton and Tavaras have sooooooo much potential its scary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post

1. Wong - 2B
    2. Tavares - RF
    3. Holliday - LF
    4. Craig - 1B
    5. Molina - C
    6. Freese - 3B
    7. Jay - CF
    9. Pitcher

Stanton has uncharted potential. 6'5 250 and athletic, can hit around .300 and put up around 40 HR's. I'd be more than ok giving up some pitching to get him. We have starting pitching up the *** at the moment. Miller/Lynn/Rosey/Wacha/Kelly/Martinez....We can afford to give up some pitching for this kind of talent.

Next year

Jay-CF
    Beltran-LF
    Holliday-1B
    Stanton-RF
    Molina-C
    Freese-3B
    Carpenter-2B
    Furcal-SS
    P

Future

Wong-2B
    Tavaras-LF
    Holliday-1B
    Stanton-RF
    Molina-C
    Freese-3B
    Jay-CF
    SS
    P

All trades for Stanton would require us giving them taveras so no deal

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post

Next year

Jay-CF
    Beltran-LF
    Holliday-1B
    Stanton-RF
    Molina-C
    Freese-3B
    Carpenter-2B
    Furcal-SS
    P

Future

Wong-2B
    Tavaras-LF
    Holliday-1B
    Stanton-RF
    Molina-C
    Freese-3B
    Jay-CF
    SS
    P

They Definately both have tons of potential but why try to acquire him is my point?

We will already have an incredible offense. We would just be trading pitching to make an offense that will already be great better.

While Stanton is an amazing talent it just seems senseless to give up a bunch of future players for something (great offense) we already have. Especially a guy like Wacha who will be ready extremely quickly.

We have coming up or appeared in the majors and still young

Miller
    Garcia
    Wacha
    Rosenthal
    Kelly
    Lynn
    Martinez
    Jenkins
    Gast
    Cleto
    Swagerty

So we have a ton of pitching but only a couple who are for sure future starters in the rotation (Miller and Wacha). A few who could be in the rotation but have higher ceiling in the bullpen (Rosenthal, Kelly), we have a few who we aren't really sure about yet (Martinez, Lynn, Garcia (injury risk), cleto, Gast, swagerty,Jenkins)

We really don't have a lot of guaranteed starters, we have guys who can start but are much more valuable at end of the game relievers. Kelly and Rosenthal could be excellent 8th and 9th inning pitchers or we could keep Mujica, Boggs and motte and have. 7th inning Kelly/Mujica 8th inning Rosenthal/Boggs and closeo motte. It would take a bunch of stress off Mujica/Boggs/Motte. Also be a top bullpen

We have a ton but its gonna take a ton to get back Stanton.

I just don't see the point in trading for a great hitter when we will have a great offense anyway and by trading from our top pitching we are taking a huge risk. If some of these guys don't pan out or we get a big injury (that happens easily in pitching). We could severely hurt our depth by trading for a great player when he doesn't really add a ton to an already great offensive team.

I'd totally get it if we were say the giants who are a pretty lite hitting team overall but really need the pitching prospects much more than improving our line up
    Last edited by Skippy15; 11-15-2012 at 05:00 PM.

vCash
    Another indication Andrus won't be a cardinal any time soon.

The only reason any trade rumors have swirled around him is because of the rangers up and coming shortstop profar. What happens between Ian kinsler, Andrus and him?

Kinsler volunteered to move to another position today if that's what the team needed, effectively allowing them to fit all 3

vCash
    They Definately both have tons of potential but why try to acquire him is my point?

We will already have an incredible offense. We would just be trading pitching to make an offense that will already be great better.

While Stanton is an amazing talent it just seems senseless to give up a bunch of future players for something (great offense) we already have. Especially a guy like Wacha who will be ready extremely quickly.

We have coming up or appeared in the majors and still young

Miller
    Garcia
    Wacha
    Rosenthal
    Kelly
    Lynn
    Martinez
    Jenkins
    Gast
    Cleto
    Swagerty

So we have a ton of pitching but only a couple who are for sure future starters in the rotation (Miller and Wacha). A few who could be in the rotation but have higher ceiling in the bullpen (Rosenthal, Kelly), we have a few who we aren't really sure about yet (Martinez, Lynn, Garcia (injury risk), cleto, Gast, swagerty,Jenkins)

We really don't have a lot of guaranteed starters, we have guys who can start but are much more valuable at end of the game relievers. Kelly and Rosenthal could be excellent 8th and 9th inning pitchers or we could keep Mujica, Boggs and motte and have. 7th inning Kelly/Mujica 8th inning Rosenthal/Boggs and closeo motte. It would take a bunch of stress off Mujica/Boggs/Motte. Also be a top bullpen

We have a ton but its gonna take a ton to get back Stanton.

I just don't see the point in trading for a great hitter when we will have a great offense anyway and by trading from our top pitching we are taking a huge risk. If some of these guys don't pan out or we get a big injury (that happens easily in pitching). We could severely hurt our depth by trading for a great player when he doesn't really add a ton to an already great offensive team.

I'd totally get it if we were say the giants who are a pretty lite hitting team overall but really need the pitching prospects much more than improving our line up
    To say its senseless is ridiculous. You can't have too much offense. Our offense this year was one of the best, but we had PLENTY of games, important games too, where we didn't do **** with the bat. No such thing as too much offense.

You just named 11 pitchers we have coming up, we will have Waino for probably 5? more years...Pitching is something you want to have, and we have it up the ***. We have so much pitching, we don't have enough spots for all of our pitchers.

Stanton is much more than just a bat. He's a + defender in right with a rocket arm. Pair him with Tavaras and Jay and we have a + defensive outfield plus a line up comparable to AL teams with pitching coming out the *** still.

Wacha + Wong/Carpenter/Craig + Martinez could and would be a damn good start for talks to get Stanton (although I'd really like to keep Craig)

Still have Waino/Miller/Lynn/Kelly/Rosey/Garcia going forward starting pitching wise (assuming Rosey can be a starter at the MLB level, bit assumption I know)

But that gives us 2 front of the line guys, a damn good 3rd pitcher in Lynn (who I think needs to work on his conditioning, and also I think being put in the Pen hurt him when he was starting in the playoffs) with Kelly/Rosey/Garcia fighting out for the last 2 spots. That leads to a damn good pitching staff with a starting line up comparable to the best of the AL.

Lets say we give up Wong/Wacha/Martinez plus some further down the line developing players

Line Up
    Jay-CF
    Tavaras-LF
    Holliday-1B
    Stanton-RF
    Craig-2B
    Freese-3B
    Molina-C
    SS
    P

Rotation
    Waino
    Miller
    Lynn
    Garcia
    Rosey

Our 2-6 hitters can all produce 20+ homerun seasons with Stanton pushing 35+ on a yearly basis. That is a ridiculous amount of pop in one line up. 3-5 hitters will all be around .300 hitting with obp .350+ as well. Add in Molina getting better with the bat too...that line up is ****ing sick, we could go out and get a defensive minded short stop and have any offense he produces be gravy.

Will this happen? No. But to say its senseless is ridiculous

Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast