Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 796
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37,986
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Glad it's over. I've heard a few reds fans around here asking about Todd Frazier was the One who deserved it.

    I laughed at them
    I'd love to see the argument that said Frazier deserved it over Harper.


    He did before September, but not after it.

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I'd love to see the argument that said Frazier deserved it over Harper.


    He did before September, but not after it.
    The biggest and funniest I heard was along the lines of "well Harper was supposed to do that, Frazier came in and did it out of no where" like that's a valid argument lol

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,381
    vCash
    1500
    Cardinals release Kyle McClellan. Said he saw it coming, great quote

    "I'll always be a cardinals fan"

    Also signed catch rob Johnson to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training.

    Johnson debuted in 2007, he's an average defensive catcher, has an decent to average throwing arm and not a great ball blocker. Hes a career .201 batter and 8 career home runs. Expect tony Cruz to be the back up again

    A depth move
    Last edited by Skippy15; 11-13-2012 at 02:21 PM.

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,381
    vCash
    1500
    Blue jays may have just became competitors. Made a trade with marlins.

    Blue jays getting Buehrle, Johnson and maybe Reyes, maybe bonifacio. Marlins getting Escobar and hechavaria

    I'll post updates as I see them

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ILSTU
    Posts
    7,486
    vCash
    1500
    Reyes, Johnson, Bonifacio, Buck, Buehrle all going to TOR.... damn

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,381
    vCash
    1500
    So far they are reporting according to sources so could be wrong

    Blue jays get:

    Mark Buehrle
    Josh Johnson
    Jose Reyes
    Emilio Bonifacio
    John buck

    marlins get

    Justin Nicolino
    Yunel Escobar
    Adeiny Hechavaria
    Henderson alverez
    Jake marisnick

    No marlins players have no trade clause so this deal is done according to ken Rosenthal

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,381
    vCash
    1500
    This is why I would never sign with the marlins. Ever.

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ILSTU
    Posts
    7,486
    vCash
    1500
    See I think i would as long as I could block trades to certain teams (like Toronto).

    They will overpay for you and as long as you have somewhat of a say in where you go next, it wouldn't be bad. Obviously that wasn't the case here though cause of the lack of NTC's

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,381
    vCash
    1500
    Depends by situation for me. I wouldn't wanna play out west, Florida or Texas or Canada because of the heat and difference from where I grew up.

    I wouldn't wanna play in a big city but would over those places listed

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ILSTU
    Posts
    7,486
    vCash
    1500
    Let me first say that i didnt want to get any of those guys.

    I dont know Toronto's farm system very well so in terms of what they gave up, how would it compare to us?

    In other words, If that trade would have just been us and the marlins, what would we have given up?

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37,986
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Let me first say that i didnt want to get any of those guys.

    I dont know Toronto's farm system very well so in terms of what they gave up, how would it compare to us?

    In other words, If that trade would have just been us and the marlins, what would we have given up?
    We don't really have comparable prospects, our specs are a lot different.

    They also took on about 160 million in salary


    We wouldn't have matched up with either team in any way to get any of the guys moved.

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,865
    vCash
    1500
    If Stanton was being shopped, would anyone want to go after him? I know I sure as hell would
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW Illinois
    Posts
    5,504
    vCash
    1500
    I would if our outfield wasn't already packed. I mean we got beltran in right and jay in center and then Holliday in left. I think those spots are cemented for each of those obviously. If we had the room heck ya i'd do it.

    Can he play shortstop lol!

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,865
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    I would if our outfield wasn't already packed. I mean we got beltran in right and jay in center and then Holliday in left. I think those spots are cemented for each of those obviously. If we had the room heck ya i'd do it.

    Can he play shortstop lol!
    Make Jay part of the deal move Beltran over to Centerfield for a year then when Tavaras comes up put him in center. I really think we have the assets to get him, and I think going forward with him and Tavaras in the outfield would be friggin' awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Make Jay part of the deal move Beltran over to Centerfield for a year then when Tavaras comes up put him in center. I really think we have the assets to get him, and I think going forward with him and Tavaras in the outfield would be friggin' awesome
    I don't think Beltran can play center, he had one of the worst ranges in right field last year, he always has sore knees and could re injure himself worse. I don't see that as an option overall.

    One scenario I saw was trading Craig as a centerpiece and moving either Holliday or Beltran to first base

Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •