Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    hahahahahhahaha shelby miller for cabrera no way in hell and this was already posted in our offseason thread

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    jeffy the indians fans want more then kelly and adams they want either trevor or shelby or carlos haha

Michael Wacha

vCash
    I've heard no names. And we have an off season thread to discuss this stuff in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    I've heard no names. And we have an off season thread to discuss this stuff in
    dont copy me

Michael Wacha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    no you do matt adams and lynn for andrus not for asdrubal
    No way in hell I'm taking Andrus over Cabrera. Plus Andrus would cost more.

jeffy the indians fans want more then kelly and adams they want either trevor or shelby or carlos haha
    That's the great thing about fans, they always want more than what's realistic lol. They know where they have needs. There's no way Shelby or Rosenthal will be traded.

Cardinals can give players that would give the Indians some base for the future. Cabrera is a very good shortstop but not someone you'll be building around like you can a rotation around Miller or a bullpen around Rosenthal.

But I'll take Cabrera over Andrus. Only big advantage is Andrus 3 years younger
    Last edited by Skippy15; 11-07-2012 at 06:25 PM.

vCash
    You don't tell me what to do lol

vCash
    no to lynn, yes to adams. adams is too good to be sitting in the minors. i can see mozeliak dealing adams and cash or salas or something

vCash
    No way in hell I'm taking Andrus over Cabrera. Plus Andrus would cost more.

That's the great thing about fans, they always want more than what's realistic lol. They know where they have needs. There's no way Shelby or Rosenthal will be traded.

Cardinals can give players that would give the Indians some base for the future. Cabrera is a very good shortstop but not someone you'll be building around like you can a rotation around Miller or a bullpen around Rosenthal.

But I'll take Cabrera over Andrus
    please explain why?

Michael Wacha

vCash
    You don't tell me what to do lol
    i run these streets

Michael Wacha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nashaa31 View Post
    no to lynn, yes to adams. adams is too good to be sitting in the minors. i can see mozeliak dealing adams and cash or salas or something
    Salas and cash won't help the Indians.

Salas could be included in a deal but not as a main piece. Pretty much just a throwaway piece.

The Indians are in a semi rebuild. They have some good things but need much more, they want close to major league or young major league talent.

Adams would help the, but they need more than that to make a deal happen. It's likely going to come down to Adams as a guaranteed piece. Then Kelly or Lynn. They will probably ask for Rosenthal but I don't think mo will be willing to go that route.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lynn/Kelly, Adams and then a mid level, Daniel Descalso type. Kozma may be an option or Jackson.

But we can give them Adams and cash or Adams and salas and think that's enough

vCash
    Salas and cash won't help the Indians.

Salas could be included in a deal but not as a main piece. Pretty much just a throwaway piece.

The Indians are in a semi rebuild. They have some good things but need much more, they want close to major league or young major league talent.

Adams would help the, but they need more than that to make a deal happen. It's likely going to come down to Adams as a guaranteed piece. Then Kelly or Lynn. They will probably ask for Rosenthal but I don't think mo will be willing to go that route.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lynn/Kelly, Adams and then a mid level, Daniel Descalso type. Kozma may be an option or Jackson.

But we can give them Adams and cash or Adams and salas and think that's enough

i was saying Adams along with salas and/or cash.

Indians had split starting time at short this season so kozma is doubtful but possible if he can play around. I can see Jackson too. I think Descalso will start at 2nd in stl this year, getting majority of the time over Skip.

vCash
    please explain why?
    Sure. No problem.

Career averages and 2012 totals for some

Andrus: ( 4years)

.275 BA. Career - .342 OBP career - 21 stolen bases in 2012. caught stealing 10 - 31 doubles in 2012 - 9 triples 2012 - 3 homers- 43 XBHs - 57 walks and 97 Ks

2012 WAR: 3.5 (4.0 in 2011)

He's an okay base stealer but not phenomenal. He's an extremely good player.

Cabrera: 6 years

.279 batting average - .342 OBO career - 9 stolen bases 2012 and 4 caught stealing - 35 doubles - 1 triple - 16 home runs - 52 XBHs - 52 walks - 99 Ks

As you can see batting is extremely similar. Andrus much faster. Cabrera much more power.

WAR(2012):

Andrus:

Cabrera

Contracts:

Andrus:

2013: 4,500,000
    2014: 6,500,000

Cabrera:

2013: 6,500,000
    2014: 10,000,000

Clear advantage on this for Andrus.

But I'm not worried about contract, we got some free payroll.

But Texas isn't an active seller on Andrus. There's some interest but not a ton. Cabrera on the other hand Cleveland wants to trade.

Plus I feel like we can get Cabrera cheaper. Their production is a wash. Contract and age favors Andrus by about 2 years. Amount needed to get player favors Cabrera.

Don't get me wrong if it got announced today that we got Andrus I'd be ecstatic but if I had a pick I'd take Cabrera because of the power in his bat from a position that lacks power across te board, he will take less to acquire and I feel like we can re sign him much easier where I feel like Andrus will test free agency at an earlier age (26) vs Cabrera (29) making him much more and maybe impossible to keep where Cabrera could be keepable long term

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nashaa31 View Post
    i was saying Adams along with salas and/or cash.

Indians had split starting time at short this season so kozma is doubtful but possible if he can play around. I can see Jackson too. I think Descalso will start at 2nd in stl this year, getting majority of the time over Skip.
    I know you meant salas and Adams and I'm saying it won't be enough, they will want more prospects over a mop up reliever and a probably above average hitting first basemen.

I don't think there will be a ton of playing time for either in St. Louis at 2B this year. I have complete faith Matt carpenter can make the transition to 2B fine. Descalso will get some. I don't see much for skip unfortunately. Matheny has said he isn't an option this year also.

vCash
    And then I don't want Cabrera lol.

It's two years of him, he isn't worth that much to us.

vCash
    Adams and Salas won't get us Cabrera.

We will need to throw in a legit prospect, certainly someone with the ability to start for them both now, and into the future.

Adams and Salas wouldn't get it done, they will want a Kelly, Rosenthball, Miller, Lynn, Martinez like pitcher.

I would personally opt for Kelly

Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast