Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    yup.

It will be nothing but a waste of money and likely some prospect.

I wish we had a place for him.

Pretty funny that I saw your comment on MLBTR as well

I would like to get Lowrie, but I don't see why they would have a willingness to trade him away.
    What comment?
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post
    What comment?
    Sorry, was meant for Tufensel

vCash
    The Cardinals have outrighted catcher/first baseman Steven Hill, catcher Bryan Anderson and right-hander Adam Reifer to Triple-A Memphis, thereby removing the three from the club’s 40-man roster. The roster moves open up three roster spots for the Cardinals to fill with free agents or Minor League players who would be eligible for the December Rule 5 Draft.

The deadline to protect players eligible for the Rule 5 Draft is Nov. 20.

Hill and Anderson both made brief appearances in St. Louis during the season. Reifer has yet to make his Major League debut.

Hill, 27, had two separate stints with the Major League club but accrued only 10 at-bats. In 87 Minor League games, Hill hit .266 with 16 doubles, 17 homers and 52 RBIs. He appeared at five different positions in addition to serving as Memphis’ designated hitter seven times.

Anderson, 25, began 2012 in Memphis after losing out to Tony Cruz in the battle to serve as Yadier Molina’s backup in St. Louis. Anderson, like Hill, was called up to the Majors twice during the season and took 12 at-bats. He batted .225 in 100 games with Memphis.

Reifer, 26, spent his second full season at Memphis in 2012 and posted a 4.90 ERA in 58 relief appearances. In 64 1/3 innings, Reifer walked 20 and struck out 44.
    http://langosch.mlblogs.com/2012/11/.../#more-2125201
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Jon Heyman of CBS Sports weighed in on where he thinks Greinke will be headed next:

It's been said the Angels, Braves and Cardinals are perhaps Greinke's top choices. And with the Cardinals pretty well set for starters and the Braves (perhaps the best match for Greinke) probably unwilling to outbid the two LA teams, that should leave the two teams on I-5 as the most logical landing spots.

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    would you guys go after him?

Michael Wacha

vCash
    Cards have zero reason to sign Greinke.

I do like him, but he makes no sense to us.

vCash
    I wish we had a spot for him and Harren but there's just no reason to.

We have guys like Wainwright and Carpenter who are top pitchers and all the guys behind him are extremely talented

vCash
    I'm not sure how much longer we can depend on Carp being a top pitcher, but I do agree there is absolutely no need for Grienke, but boy would I love to get him. So whats the rotation look like for next year? Waino/Carp/Lynn/Garcia?/Miller?/Westbrook?

I personally hope Westbrook isn't in the starting rotation. And Garcia is a huge question mark going in to next season. Who out of the young studs makes the starting rotation?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I'm not sure how much longer we can depend on Carp being a top pitcher, but I do agree there is absolutely no need for Grienke, but boy would I love to get him. So whats the rotation look like for next year? Waino/Carp/Lynn/Garcia?/Miller?/Westbrook?

I personally hope Westbrook isn't in the starting rotation. And Garcia is a huge question mark going in to next season. Who out of the young studs makes the starting rotation?
    I don't consider carp a true number 1 anymore. I think he's between a 1 and 2. He better than many 2s. Not as good as many 1s

I'd say next year will be.

Waino
    Carp
    Lynn
    Westbrook
    miller

vCash
    @joeDirt

I wasn't trying to be rude in the main MLB Forum, just senor doesn't even debate. He just argues nothing.

Lynn, Jenkins, and Adams for Andrus is both a fair trade offer, and a reasonable trade offer to make.

I wouldn't personally do it, but I bet 8 out of 10 Cards fans would. It was more than reasonable to make that offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    I don't consider carp a true number 1 anymore. I think he's between a 1 and 2. He better than many 2s. Not as good as many 1s

I'd say next year will be.

Waino
    Carp
    Lynn
    Westbrook
    miller
    Gosh, I really don't want Westbrook in there...
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Gosh, I really don't want Westbrook in there...
    I don't either but I don't think they pay him 8.5 million not to put him in the rotation

vCash
    @joeDirt

I wasn't trying to be rude in the main MLB Forum, just senor doesn't even debate. He just argues nothing.

Lynn, Jenkins, and Adams for Andrus is both a fair trade offer, and a reasonable trade offer to make.

I wouldn't personally do it, but I bet 8 out of 10 Cards fans would. It was more than reasonable to make that offer.
    I know I actually read your posts even if they are quite long haha

Michael Wacha

vCash
    @joeDirt

I actually read your posts even if they are quite long lol

And the rangers fans didn't like the offer they wanted Lynn and our top OF prospect so Oscar haha

Michael Wacha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    I actually read your posts even if they are quite long lol

And the rangers fans didn't like the offer they wanted Lynn and our top OF prospect so Oscar haha
    For Andrus? Seriously? Would rather pony up a little bit like that for perhaps Tulo lol not for Andrus

Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast