Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Cards interested in Ronny cedeno. Not a big fan
    Interest in Ronny Cedeno can mean one of two things.. Trust that Rafael Furcal will be 100 % good to go is waning.. or GM John Mozielak doesn't like the price he's being given for a REAL SS and is using Ronny Cedeno for leverage..

One thing is pretty clear.. interest in Ronny Cedeno has little to do with his alleged baseball skills...

Last edited by GeronimoSon; 01-25-2013 at 08:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    Interest in Ronny Cedeno can mean one of two things.. Trust that Rafael Furcal will be 100 % good to go is waning.. or GM John Mozielak doesn't like the price he's being given for a REAL SS and is using Ronny Cedeno for leverage..

One thing is pretty clear.. interest in Ronny Cedeno has little to do with his alleged baseball skills...

Or that we need a guy who can play back up SS and back up 2B?

We have plenty of starting options in the middle infield. An expensive trade makes absolutely 0 sense unless Furcal is going to be unavailable this year, which there's nothing to support that. Even then an expensive trade like you were wanting is out of the question.

We need quality depth. Cedeno doesn't fit that at all, he's terrible. But it's the right idea. We need quality back ups not a new starting SS

And what leverage at all would Mo get by pretending to be interested in Cedeno? He won't be a starter here and he's not a high talent player. What leverage would he possibly get signing a back up SS? Especially when we have a "real SS"
    Last edited by Skippy15; 01-25-2013 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    Spanish places reporting Cedeno to cardinals for 1 year. I'll post if am American writer confirms

vCash
    If this is true, which I'm pretty sure it is I hate our bench we have

Wiggington
    Cedeno SS/2B
    Descalso
    Cruz

And I'm assuming shane Robinson also and Carpenter wins the job. Lacking power, Cedeno and Wiggington pretty ****** signings. Not a good offseason for Mo IMO. Thing that could save it would be a good wainwright extension but I honestly don't know how we will make it through a season with this bench

If true I think we might be better off with Kozma. He's at least shown some hitting and defensive ability. At least better than Cedeno

Keep in mind though no confirmation on reports yet and Spanish news sources have mislead people before
    Last edited by Skippy15; 01-25-2013 at 10:18 PM.

vCash

actually you are completely wrong we have stated since the season ended we wanted a utility player like we had when we had nick punto and thats what cedeno will do for us so stick to the indians forum and quit coming back here

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    I don't mind Ronnie Cedeno as a back up/utility guy. Solid option to go to. He's nothing great but he's a heck of a player in the sense that he gives 100% every time on every play.

vCash
    No source confirms so I'm going with we haven't signed him.... Yet.

I would Definately appreciate his effort but he's just not a good player. At least Theriot was a solid singles hitter and actually played a very manageable 2B when we had him.

vCash
    When you guys get a chance you should watch Bob Costas' eulogy for Stan Musial on the Cards official website.
    It was beyond moving. I've always admired Costas and the way he tells stories and reports, but today was amazing.

vCash

He would be a back up only.

Going after Cedeno would mean they believe Furcal is 100% healthy.

If they didn't think he would be healthy they would trade for a shortstop or sign a starter.

Cedeno isn't a starter, he is a backup

vCash
    Kelly Johnson signed with the Rays. He would have been a nice signing.

vCash
    yeah i was hoping we'd take a look at him

vCash
    Woulda been a good signing, bad fielder but good hitter and good power. I'm surprised we didn't make a run at him for the price

vCash
    Ronny cedeno appears headed to the #STLCards
    From Jon Heymans twitter account.

Pretty underwhelming but I guess he will do fine. If he can hit around the .260 mark he would add some value I suppose

vCash
    Source: Ronny Cedeno in agreement with #STLCards on one-year, major-league contract.
    Ken Rosenthal.

I have an issue with it being a major league contract, what is Kozma has a great spring and Cedeno is just completely god awful?

I'm not a big time Kozma supporter at all but this feels like a lateral move, maybe even down grade from him

As long as he's cheap it will be fine but I don't really feel like we got better from the move
    Last edited by Skippy15; 01-28-2013 at 03:57 PM.

vCash
    He had a career year last year.

And his production looks sustainable.

Huge increase in his ground ball rate, which will help his numbers and he is solid enough defensively.

Cedeno > Kozma, but not by a lot.

I like this move a ton better than Wigginton. Sheesh that was pointless.

Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast