Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Suns were offered Rondo & Allen for Amare, Barbosa and #14 back in 09

Allen sat down for three separate one-on-one interviews with The Miami Herald, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel and the Palm Beach Post on Thursday to clear the air well before the season opener. He said the friction with Rondo began in 2009 when Rivers and Celtics president Danny Ainge proposed a trade that would have sent Allen and Rondo to Phoenix for Amare Stoudemire, Leandro Barbosa and the 14th overall pick in the 2010 draft.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/10/2...ami-heats.html

Pretty interesting stuff.

vCash
    Wish it happend now. Coulda jump started the rebuild a lot sooner.

vCash
    I would have been down for that then, just to get Rondo.

vCash
    if you think the Suns would of had to trot out a team with Lou Amundson and Robin Lopez as the PF/C combo.....don't think we would of made it that far in 2010..and come so close to the Finals..yet having Rondo now would be nice ...

vCash
    I'm glad we didn't make the trade, I enjoyed the playoff run in '10, even though we ultimately lost as usual. Not getting anything for Amar'e, and not paying him, wasn't really such a bad idea in hindsight. The bad idea was paying Turkoglu, Childress, and Warrick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TU Times View Post
    I'm glad we didn't make the trade, I enjoyed the playoff run in '10, even though we ultimately lost as usual. Not getting anything for Amar'e, and not paying him, wasn't really such a bad idea in hindsight. The bad idea was paying Turkoglu, Childress, and Warrick.
    Yea it's more hindsight than anything else. But we'd be in great shape right now.