Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: After getting shutdown v. Washington, will the run game return in Dallas?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    26 83.87%
  • No

    5 16.13%
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 709
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    546
    vCash
    1500
    The problem with predicting this game is the fact that both teams (actually the entire NFC east) are very streaky. The cowpies should have won that game in Baltimore, but they blew it.

    My biggest fear for this game is the cowpies passing game vs. our secondary. Prince has been pretty solid so far this year, but C-Webb has been very inconsistent. Also, the Giants redzone offense has been lacking. I am liking the aggressive playcalling this year, but the execution has been so so. Too many dropped passes or bad reads.

    The most important thing to note in this game, however, is the OL is completely different from the opening day lineup. The tackles have played very well handling guys like Kerrigan, Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Trent Cole, Babin, etc. If they can keep D. Ware in check that would be a huge boost for the offense and could be the difference in the game.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    832
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=GGGGG-Men;24051051]Agreed. Before the Niners game I said I thought the Giants would lose a close battle which means they'd probably win in a blowout. So, my inability to predict this team has allowed me to be able to predict this team.

    All signs point to a Giant win here; the need to even the series with Dallas, the need for another divisional win, the fact that we've always won in the new Dallas stadium, the fact that Dallas has been really streaky and we should see plenty of turnovers (we're like 2nd or 3rd in the NFL in INTS)....

    So that means the team will go in expecting to win (like I expect them to) and they'll get blown out....or just fall behind early with Eli having a chance to win at the end.

    Dallas had all offseason to scheme against our first game and now they're off a bye week....could be nasty.[/QUOTE]



    Dallas didnt have a bye last week, they held on to beat the panthers. Their bye was before the Ravens game. This forum is crazy. Since the Giants played the Eagles and EVERY game after that, all I read is " we should be carefull b/cuz we can easily lose this game". Well we can lose EVERY game so when are we gonna move past this BS. The giants are the better team this week and will simply win this game. Yeah I know, so and so is streaky,desperate, has their back up against the wall or whatever other cliche that is always used. The fact of the matter is, the Giants have been the better team on the field in every game since week 1( we had the game in philly). We might as well get use to it b/cuz we will be favorites in every game for the rest of the season except for ATL and with the GB and Balt game probaly being pick'em games.
    Last edited by elledaddy; 10-24-2012 at 10:38 AM.

    Mike Woodson NYK

    Record ... 72 - 34

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    501
    vCash
    1500
    Hey good luck guys. Should be a good game. Too bad Jerry had to run his mouth....as usual. I wish he would suit up for one play. Anyways i hope its competitive on both sides.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,265
    vCash
    1500
    IN REPLY:Dallas didnt have a bye last week, they held on to beat the panthers. Their bye was before the Ravens game. This forum is crazy. Since the Giants played the Eagles and EVERY game after that, all I read is " we should be carefull b/cuz we can easily lose this game". Well we can lose EVERY game so when are we gonna move past this BS. The giants are the better team this week and will simply win this game. Yeah I know, so and so is streaky,desperate, has their back up against the wall or whatever other cliche that is always used. The fact of the matter is, the Giants have been the better team on the field in every game since week 1( we had the game in philly). We might as well get use to it b/cuz we will be favorites in every game for the rest of the season except for ATL and with the GB and Balt game probaly being pick'em games.

    It's mostly superstition because every time we have confidence in this team and we start talking like we are going to win, the Giants end up losing a game they shouldn't...

    At least that's how I feel. Whenever I'm over confident about this team, they break my heart. I'll never talk with Bravado about the Giants unless they win the Super Bowl. Gotta stay humble

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    34,479
    vCash
    1500
    Bears fan here. Quick question about Hakeem Nicks for fantasy...

    What exactly is going on with his knee/foot injury?

    I understand that it is getting better, but is it still something that is expected to plague him for the rest of the season or is he expected to eventually reach 100% by the end of the season?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,258
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    Bears fan here. Quick question about Hakeem Nicks for fantasy...

    What exactly is going on with his knee/foot injury?

    I understand that it is getting better, but is it still something that is expected to plague him for the rest of the season or is he expected to eventually reach 100% by the end of the season?
    He came out of the last game ok and says he's 100% now. It'll act up on him I'm sure and he's injury prone in general, but as of now he's good to go. Once coverages start attacking Cruz he should have some good games this season.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,258
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=elledaddy;24057917]
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Agreed. Before the Niners game I said I thought the Giants would lose a close battle which means they'd probably win in a blowout. So, my inability to predict this team has allowed me to be able to predict this team.

    All signs point to a Giant win here; the need to even the series with Dallas, the need for another divisional win, the fact that we've always won in the new Dallas stadium, the fact that Dallas has been really streaky and we should see plenty of turnovers (we're like 2nd or 3rd in the NFL in INTS)....

    So that means the team will go in expecting to win (like I expect them to) and they'll get blown out....or just fall behind early with Eli having a chance to win at the end.

    Dallas had all offseason to scheme against our first game and now they're off a bye week....could be nasty.[/QUOTE]



    Dallas didnt have a bye last week, they held on to beat the panthers. Their bye was before the Ravens game. This forum is crazy. Since the Giants played the Eagles and EVERY game after that, all I read is " we should be carefull b/cuz we can easily lose this game". Well we can lose EVERY game so when are we gonna move past this BS. The giants are the better team this week and will simply win this game. Yeah I know, so and so is streaky,desperate, has their back up against the wall or whatever other cliche that is always used. The fact of the matter is, the Giants have been the better team on the field in every game since week 1( we had the game in philly). We might as well get use to it b/cuz we will be favorites in every game for the rest of the season except for ATL and with the GB and Balt game probaly being pick'em games.


    If you want to go gung-ho and assume the Giants will win every game, that's your business. I prefer cautious optimism and realism.

    What I know is that when I fully expect them to win (like say the home opener off a super bowl win that EVERY SB winner wins) they don't win and when i think they'll have a tough game they come out and kick ***. So it's pointless for me to think one way or another on any game.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wethersfield/Storrs, CT
    Posts
    8,541
    vCash
    1500
    Please give Birth Control some touches.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    16,490
    vCash
    1500
    Coughlin and Gilbride refusing to give DWilson carries is one of the most frustrating things they've done. ****ing use him. He's gonna break a huge run and change the game.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    832
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=GGGGG-Men;24059906]
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post



    If you want to go gung-ho and assume the Giants will win every game, that's your business. I prefer cautious optimism and realism.

    What I know is that when I fully expect them to win (like say the home opener off a super bowl win that EVERY SB winner wins) they don't win and when i think they'll have a tough game they come out and kick ***. So it's pointless for me to think one way or another on any game.


    What so called realism do you use? And from the times I've read your post, it's funny that you view yourself as having " optimism" at all. You seem( to me anyway) to be much more pessimistic than anything. I guess you call this " realism" thing , giving all the reason we can lose the current game. I read when you gave reason why we " could" lose in philly. I read when your reasons why we "could" lose vs Clev. I read when you said you "thought" we should beat Car but because of that, your actually expectations of us winning was basically very low. I read where you basically thought thought we didnt have a chance in SF( you basically didnt think we had a legit chance in that game allthough you may say different) So while I go " gung-ho" on why I believe the Giants can win these games( never assumed we will win every game) you basically go " gung-ho" on why we can lose these games. This thing that you call " Realism" is nothing more than playing Devil's Advocate but with a better name. Just my opinion

    Mike Woodson NYK

    Record ... 72 - 34

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,258
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=elledaddy;24060404]
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post



    What so called realism do you use? And from the times I've read your post, it's funny that you view yourself as having " optimism" at all. You seem( to me anyway) to be much more pessimistic than anything. I guess you call this " realism" thing , giving all the reason we can lose the current game. I read when you gave reason why we " could" lose in philly. I read when your reasons why we "could" lose vs Clev. I read when you said you "thought" we should beat Car but because of that, your actually expectations of us winning was basically very low. I read where you basically thought thought we didnt have a chance in SF( you basically didnt think we had a legit chance in that game allthough you may say different) So while I go " gung-ho" on why I believe the Giants can win these games( never assumed we will win every game) you basically go " gung-ho" on why we can lose these games. This thing that you call " Realism" is nothing more than playing Devil's Advocate but with a better name. Just my opinion
    Right, realism is acknowledging the fact that on any given Sunday we can get beat. I want them to win and I expect them to win, but I'll never stop doubting them for the sake of staying grounded. Maybe my glass is half empty?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,723
    vCash
    1500
    I'm calling this now, if the boys do indeed lose the fans excuse will be injuries.. Lol

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Irvine, California
    Posts
    13,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by el_primo_nano View Post
    I'm calling this now, if the boys do indeed lose the fans excuse will be injuries.. Lol
    you're not exactly going out on a stretch there...

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,258
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Please give Birth Control some touches.
    This is the greatest quote on this game on so many levels.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,258
    vCash
    1500
    Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
    For the Cowboys, C Phil Costa (ankle), RB Felix Jones (knee), RB DeMarco Murray (foot) and LB DeMarcus Ware (illness) did not practice. #NYG
    .

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •