Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    so let me give you some positive points about mike Brown (as a mike brown hater):

1. he's compiled a 313 - 163 record.
    that's a plus because that means no matter what this season looks like
    the lakers will be on the winning side of the season.
    history proves Mike Brown has more wins than losses in the regular season.
    which also means the lakers are guaranteed to make the playoffs this year.

2. NBA coach of the year (2009)
    it's obvious when the team goes 61-21.

3. he was tutored under Gregg Popovich during 2000-2003
    of which he won the NBA title as an assistant coach.
    that is definitely a plus.

he was tutored by Rick Carlisle as assistant coach at Indiana.
    Rick Carlisle went on to win the NBA finals with Dallas.
    that's a plus.

so mike brown has the resume to speak for itself.
    now you tell me why, i should still fire mike brown?
    Last edited by Mr. NBA; 10-22-2012 at 08:02 PM.

vCash
    I think some of the hate Brown receives is because he is in Phil Jacksons shadow and that is one tough act to follow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iDefend10 View Post
    I think some of the hate Brown receives is because he is in Phil Jacksons shadow and that is one tough act to follow.
    very fair point. However, Mike Brown decided to take the job, which means
    he felt he was confident enough to step in as Phil's successor.

he knew very well that the Lakers are all about championships.
    He knew this and decided to take the job.

So he was very well aware of the pressures that come with being the head coach of the Lakers.

Phil Jackson put a level of standard so high that really its almost unbearable to match.

vCash
    He is not a NBA caliber coach. He is one of the worst coaches in the NBA...

He sucks...

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    Sources say Mike Brown is on the verge of receiving a 15 yr deal worth the max offer to coach the Lakers. More to come...

vCash
    he should have been fired in june.

we need sloan to win this two rings.

vCash
    Not confident at all. There's gonna be a time when the players are gonna look for some direction, and I don't think he has THAT

vCash
    I am not a fan of Brown as a head coach, however I am willing to give him a full season to see what he can do. In my opinion, he lacks the ability to make critical "in game" adjustments during important games and that gets magnified in the postseason against the top teams. He also lacks creativity on the offensive side of the ball, but to his credit, he brought in a more structured offense this year.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Defensively, I really like and trust what he's doing. Offensively, no, hence they hired Eddie Jordan to basically be our offensive coordinator.

vCash
    He panics in crucial moments and he goes blank. I'm just afraid that with all this star power, he might lose control of this team.
    "Tittays"

vCash
    yea i dont like him. but i want him to win a title this year lol

vCash
    I am not a fan of his style, system, and coaching. I always felt he was an overrated coach in his Cleveland days. Rick Adelman would've been a better choice for the Lakers. I hope people now appreciate everything Phil did for the Lakers because he was truly unappreciated by some fans who criticize his coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    I actually like him. He is a nice guy and i think the players do listen and respect him. If they didnt listen to him they would be trying this new offesne and just run what they wanted.

Do i agree with everything he has done? No ofcourse not. I didnt agree with things Phill did as well at times. Last year with Phill we got embarressed and swept by the Mavs. First year with Brown with no training camp if not for total let downs in the end of games prob go up 3-1 home to possibly beat the Thunder.

Im sorry but coaches get to much credit. Let me coach the Heat and i bet they still win the championship last year lol its mostly about the talent and personel you have.

Brown is our Coach so lets all supoort him and stop bashing him!! Get on the train people, we are all fighting for the same goal!!!
    The players like him and respect him as a man, but they don't view him as highly as someone like Phil, Pop, Sloan, etc.

The players know they have to listen to the coaching staff because they know the front office will not let the players undermine the coaching staff.

Phil got embarrassed? That season there were issues going on behind closed doors that not a lot of people know about. The Lakers peaked way too soon while the Mavs peaked at the correct time. I think the Lakers beat the Mavs 4-0 during the regular season that year before being swept in the playoffs.

You should try to coach a professional team if you think coaching is easy. An easy job and making millions? Where can I sign up?

vCash
    his rotation also sucks in 2k13..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    I'm all for giving the guy a chance. He came into a bad situation last year. No training camp and the knowing that the entire team was against him being hired. Hopefully the talent and smarts of his players will carry the load and he will be smart enough to ride the wave.

The lost boys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kbtwofour View Post
    I am not a fan of his style, system, and coaching. I always felt he was an overrated coach in his Cleveland days. Rick Adelman would've been a better choice for the Lakers. I hope people now appreciate everything Phil did for the Lakers because he was truly unappreciated by some fans who criticize his coaching.

The players like him and respect him as a man, but they don't view him as highly as someone like Phil, Pop, Sloan, etc.

The players know they have to listen to the coaching staff because they know the front office will not let the players undermine the coaching staff.

Phil got embarrassed? That season there were issues going on behind closed doors that not a lot of people know about. The Lakers peaked way too soon while the Mavs peaked at the correct time. I think the Lakers beat the Mavs 4-0 during the regular season that year before being swept in the playoffs.

You should try to coach a professional team if you think coaching is easy. An easy job and making millions? Where can I sign up?
    Rick adelman would have came in the door with the one important thing mike brown lacked and that thing is respect of the players.

The lost boys

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast