Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If the Lakers win it all this year people will be praising Mike Brown and if they don't he will be public enemy number one. Lakers fan expect nothing less than a title this year and they should with this team they got now. Mike Brown has alot of pressure on him thats for sure I hope he goes all in and gets the job done.

If the Lakers don't win a title this year they are going to run Brown out of town lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iDefend10 View Post
    If the Lakers win it all this year people will be praising Mike Brown and if they don't he will be public enemy number one. Lakers fan expect nothing less than a title this year and they should with this team they got now. Mike Brown has alot of pressure on him thats for sure I hope he goes all in and gets the job done.

If the Lakers don't win a title this year they are going to run Brown out of town lol
    i for one wouldnt praise mike brown

if we win it will be because of our talent.

his substitutions are questionable, he plays our starters too many minutes and always looks like he has no idea what he's doing.

when i hear mike brown coach and what he does actually works i think of a kid pressing a button on a toy and then being surprised it did what it did

mike brown is not competent.

i hate lebron james but they didnt win 60 games and make the finals because of mike brown they did it because of him

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    brown ********** sucks as a coach we should get rid of that ****

vCash
    I am not the biggest fam of Mike Brown, I felt like we could have done better. However since last season was an anomaly I will be fair and not be so quick to put the smackdown on him. I will give him 41 games to get this squad up and running right. After that if vast improvents are not made, Bring on the Zen Master.

vCash
    I hated the hire from the start. It was one of the things they made me despise Jim Buss for hiring such an incompetent coach. Hopefully the talent of the Lakers will prevail from this mediocre coach.

GO LAKERS

vCash
    Honestly, I think 90% of the complaints about Brown are like 90% of the complaints about the team: dumb. Brown just isn't that important, and won't ever be that important. He's not in charge of the offense, and to whatever degree he's in charge of the defense most of the success on that end of the court will come from effort, not some magic scheme.

We're never even going to know who's making the decisions, including in-game decisions about minutes and substitutions. Is he playing Kobe too much, or is Kobe being too pig-headed about getting rest? Nobody will ever know.

If the Lakers win a title he's a genius. If they don't, he's the reason they failed. And in neither case will either of those assessments be correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99;24037283[SIZE="4"
    ]I don't like his style... I don't think our guys listen to a word he says. His personality doesn't demand respect[/SIZE], and with a team like this, they need someone that they really respect.

I did not want him when Buss originally signed him and I don't want him now. He truly seems clueless, as crazy as that may seem.

People don't think it matters and that it's up to the players but he can easily **** this up.

-If we win, we will win in spite of Brown. Much like the Yankees won in '09 in spite of their Manager Joe Girardi.

Pretty much.
    Last edited by Tree Rollins; 10-22-2012 at 07:31 PM.

vCash
    you know how i feel about this topic. So no comment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedawgalex View Post
    i for one wouldnt praise mike brown

if we win it will be because of our talent.

his substitutions are questionable, he plays our starters too many minutes and always looks like he has no idea what he's doing.

when i hear mike brown coach and what he does actually works i think of a kid pressing a button on a toy and then being surprised it did what it did

mike brown is not competent.

i hate lebron james but they didnt win 60 games and make the finals because of mike brown they did it because of him
    i have to agree there.

it was the so-called "Give the ball to Lebron and move away" offense.

so that's really not called coaching.

and now he has kobe and dwight. If he didn't have the princeton offense
    it would have been tricky for potato head.

"give the ball to uh...uh...dwight..yeah...no wait....kobe...uh uh yeah that's it
    and step away!!!" offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Honestly, I think 90% of the complaints about Brown are like 90% of the complaints about the team: dumb. Brown just isn't that important, and won't ever be that important. He's not in charge of the offense, and to whatever degree he's in charge of the defense most of the success on that end of the court will come from effort, not some magic scheme.

We're never even going to know who's making the decisions, including in-game decisions about minutes and substitutions. Is he playing Kobe too much, or is Kobe being too pig-headed about getting rest? Nobody will ever know.

If the Lakers win a title he's a genius. If they don't, he's the reason they failed. And in neither case will either of those assessments be correct.
    Really, you believe that? To what extent?

He doesn't control who's playing? He doesn't scream out play calls from the sideline? He doesn't have final say on the general strategy of our team offensively?

The answer to all those questions is yes, yes he does. If you didn't know.

vCash
    I actually like him. He is a nice guy and i think the players do listen and respect him. If they didnt listen to him they would be trying this new offesne and just run what they wanted.

Do i agree with everything he has done? No ofcourse not. I didnt agree with things Phill did as well at times. Last year with Phill we got embarressed and swept by the Mavs. First year with Brown with no training camp if not for total let downs in the end of games prob go up 3-1 home to possibly beat the Thunder.

Im sorry but coaches get to much credit. Let me coach the Heat and i bet they still win the championship last year lol its mostly about the talent and personel you have.

Brown is our Coach so lets all supoort him and stop bashing him!! Get on the train people, we are all fighting for the same goal!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    I actually like him. He is a nice guy and i think the players do listen and respect him. If they didnt listen to him they would be trying this new offesne and just run what they wanted.

Do i agree with everything he has done? No ofcourse not. I didnt agree with things Phill did as well at times. Last year with Phill we got embarressed and swept by the Mavs. First year with Brown with no training camp if not for total let downs in the end of games prob go up 3-1 home to possibly beat the Thunder.

Im sorry but coaches get to much credit. Let me coach the Heat and i bet they still win the championship last year lol its mostly about the talent and personel you have.

Brown is our Coach so lets all supoort him and stop bashing him!! Get on the train people, we are all fighting for the same goal!!!

i wanna so agree with this post. and you make valid points too.

I also didn't agree with some of the things Phil did during the playoffs.
    but that wasn't it.

Phil overall is proven regardless of the seasons lost. His record proves
    the Triangle offense works.

Mike Brown just ALMOST i mean ALMOST got there with

"give the ball to lebron and move away" offense, not to mention
    his so-called "superior defensemanship"

and even to this day, i have to go with Phil regardless because Phil is
    PROVEN.

so the point is, i really don't wanna bash Mike Brown anymore. I'm sick and tired of it too,
    but Mike just has to prove it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Really, you believe that? To what extent?

He doesn't control who's playing? He doesn't scream out play calls from the sideline? He doesn't have final say on the general strategy of our team offensively?

The answer to all those questions is yes, yes he does. If you didn't know.
    Yes, of course he has authority and responsibility. But how often do we as fans really know all of the factors that go into an in-game decision? Maybe he doesn't put PlayerX in because that player's got a ding that nobody wants to talk about or expose to further injury. There are just too many assumptions.

I go back to Phil Jackson, who effectively insulated himself from a great deal of similar criticism by saying, literally, that it was up to the players to find their own way most of the time. And yet I can think of plenty of examples where I think Jackson's in-game decision making wasn't very sharp. (And don't get me started on keeping Fisher as the starting PG for most of the prior two years -- which would have gotten anyone else accused of a coaching atrocity.)

I don't think Brown is getting much say about the offense. I also don't think the players are going to listen to him on a play-by-play basis if they think he's nuts. There's too much knowledge and experience on this team -- who the frick is Mike Brown to tell Steve Nash what to do with a basketball? (Another reason the Princeton offense is a great framework: it runs itself, so Brown can worry about where he's going to eat after the game instead of calling for sets.)

vCash
    He's clearly a pretty smart guy who has very good pre-game strategies. However, he seems to really struggle with making in-game adjustments (which is crucial to being a great coach). Not the biggest fan of his rotations last year, played the starters way too many minutes in a super condensed season. I also didn't like the way he handled some of the issues with bynum last year and didn't make appropriate adjustments to get guys like gasol and artest more involved in the offense (hope he doesn't make the same mistake with nash). So far, I would say he would make an elite assistant coach (maybe the best in the league), but not really ready for his own team. But it's important to withhold judgment until he has a full season with a regular training camp. Also,being a good coach, player, or anything else for that matter takes time and people improve with time, so it's quite possible that he will get better with time.

vCash
    Bigger question mark the bench or Brown?

I was not impressed last season. He never settled on a rotation and the team suffered and never developed any type of chemistry

I sell my Lakers season tickets from time to time, Follow @Sec115Row18 for updates..... I SELL THEM TO FANS!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast