Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Dick Jauron/Trent Edwards or Gailey/Fitzpatrick

Do Bills fans think we had it better with Jauron and Edwards or Gailey and Fitz? So far, in the same amount of games, Dick Jauron's record with the Bills is 6 wins better then Chan Gailey's record.

vCash
    I'm not sure there's an easy answer to that. I will say this, Gailey has much better talent(especially this year).

I'm no Jauron fan, but he had the worst talent to deal with than any Bills coach since 2000. I do think Edwards was probably the worst QB we had when you think of that same time frame.

I think over the last 12+ seasons our biggest problem has been coaching. Williams was terrible, same with Malarky, Jauron and Gailey. Jauron may have been decent had he been given an NFL team. We'll never know.

vCash
    I know this for sure....The team that Jauron had played wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy harder then this team...way more heart....way more heart ...way more heart ....way more heart

vCash
    yeah this team seems like they don't want to be on the field half the time... the only positions i'm happy with this year is O-Line and RB

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    Its funny how after several years, it is unclear if we progressed or regressed. Dick was as in love with Edwards as Gailey is with $hitzpatrick. Its so upsetting seeing that this team is a consistant failure. no matter who the GM is or who the coach is.

vCash
    Are we just talking about the QB/coach combo? I prefer gailey/fitz. They make mistakes but score points. Much more exciting than captain check down.
    If I was building a team from scratch I'd use the early 2000's colts as a template. Hire a defensive guru as your head coach, get a top offensive co-ordinater, spend your first pick or two every year on offense and draft speedy defenders who fit the mold.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Atleast with gailey/fitz our offense can put up a few points... And we did have hope for a solid season... Under dick/Trent I had no hope for anything. I was actually sad to see JP lose the starting job to Trent, even though neither one of them is what we needed, atleast JP could throw more than 3 yards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jgood17 View Post
    Atleast with gailey/fitz our offense can put up a few points... And we did have hope for a solid season... Under dick/Trent I had no hope for anything. I was actually sad to see JP lose the starting job to Trent, even though neither one of them is what we needed, atleast JP could throw more than 3 yards
    JP was brutal. If he was so good he would be starting for another team. He is not.

vCash
    I can't fault Jauron for how bad Edwards was. No one could have won with him.

I also don't fault Gailey for how bad Fitz is at times.

vCash
    I do fault gailey for terrible play calling and lack of defensive knowledge

vCash
    I do get what you're saying, but at some point a coach has to be able to trust his QB and let him make a play. That int at the end of the last game was all on Fitz. He just can't do that. Many QB's would have been able to make a better decision at that point. Many would have been able to get the first down.

vCash
    I agree 100% there is only so much a coach can do. He can't go out and play, and the simple fact of the matter is that fitz has no deep ball, erroneous short to mid passes, consistency issues, and no vision to speak of. Gailey can only do so much with that. But the problem I see is how he is still starting.

vCash
    The job of a coach is to make sure he starts the best player at their position. Lossman was better than Edwards. However, Edwards went to Stanford so because they felt he was "SMARTER" Jauron started him.
    Same thing with Gailey. He needs to start the best option at QB and because Fitz went to Harvard, he is getting the start. Pre season showed Vince Young was worth keeping around. Tavaris Jackson is worth being active for a game but he is not. Our coaches suck and are poor evaluaters of talent.

vCash
    I don't know about that… Lossman proved he couldn't get it done. Edwards turned out to be just as bad, if not worse. But, they had to give him a shot.

Fitz is pretty bad at times, but VY is much worse. He did nothing in the preseason and that's why he's gone. Notice how he still doesn't have a job? I'm not sure why the Bills traded for Jackson, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. He's not that good.

I'm not saying our coaching is good or has been good, because it hasn't/isn't. But, I feel the need to be fair… The Bills have not had anything close to a good QB in quite a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marcre View Post
    I don't know about that… Lossman proved he couldn't get it done. Edwards turned out to be just as bad, if not worse. But, they had to give him a shot.

Fitz is pretty bad at times, but VY is much worse. He did nothing in the preseason and that's why he's gone. Notice how he still doesn't have a job? I'm not sure why the Bills traded for Jackson, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. He's not that good.

I'm not saying our coaching is good or has been good, because it hasn't/isn't. But, I feel the need to be fair… The Bills have not had anything close to a good QB in quite a long time.
    You can't really do much worse than Fitz has this season, the only time his numbers are padded is because our O-line and RB's are putting in some serious work, I mean I can throw a screen pass to CJ and Jackson and watch them put up numbers

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast