Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUTH-TELLER View Post
    what happened to using mitchell at LB? wasn't that an option.

Yes...when we were run by morons

vCash
    Our safties all stink in coverage asside from Huff and if he stays at cb I can see us drafting a fs pretty early. Branch and Mitchell are solid tacklers but have no business in anything other than zone in coverage. With how well Huff is doing he should stay at cb when Bartell comes back then we will have 4 solid corners. I have a funny feeling Spencer is another lisfranc cause they will not give much info about it. Bartell and Huff as the starters with Hanson in the nickel and Lee as the dime.

I would also like to see Chekwa get a chance at some point. Who knows maybe he can be the answer at fs he played cb and fs for the buckeyes.

vCash
    Giordano lead the Raiders in interceptions last year. He had 5. Can you think of somebody on that staff thats better?
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Thanks NC.
    bartell is expected back to practice Saturday, Curry and spencer are expected to practice next week as well.(currys already been back,I know)
    But we will be completely healthy excluding Barnes and Ford.

The defense is climbing out of the whole the miami and Denver games created statistically. we have moved into 12 against the Run believe it or not and 22nd against the pass.They are shaping into a very competitive unit.lets see if getting those three players pushes us into a top 10 D

vCash
    Mike Mitchell sucks, too. He just tries to get to "the big hit" and often misses tackles that should be completed. Not a smart player. Praise, Bob.

vCash
    When our two starting corners are back Huff goes back to FS, but he will be a great nickle back if he were to be replaced at FS. I wouldn't hold my breath though, cause we don't have a better FS.

Mitchell is a SS and no one ever said pass coverage was his strong suite.
    Last edited by NavajoRaiderfan; 10-23-2012 at 12:08 AM.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by therealist7 View Post
    You guys are right on huff.. Trivia question.. Who was a recent raider who excelled at cb when he was drafted a safety?
    It was namdi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider0510 View Post
    It was namdi
    No, it was Nnmadi Asomugha
    Last edited by slvr&blck760; 10-23-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    ^^^ LOL Really

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superglue View Post
    Reading, how does it work?
    Just like the edit option...When given a chance to correct your mistakes one should take advantage...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    Had we not had the issue with the corners he would not be playing very much. Maybe when and if Spencer and or Bartell comes back the secondary will solidify. Lee has gotten better each week. But I agree sometimes it does look like Giordano is lost, However he did lead the team in picks last year. I agree he's not the best but we could do worse. As far as Mitchell goes...He's not a very good coverage safety, And I think he's more of a SS than a FS. I could almost see him as a OLB more than a safety. Put about 15 or 20 more lbs. and I think he would make a solid OLB. Mitchell reminds me a lot of Roy Williams (the safety not the reciever) that used to be with Dallas. Not very good in coverage, But will lay you down with a hit, Mitchell is a lot the same way.
    He's listed like 5lbs less than Geno Hayes OLB for the Bears.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    lol, we've wasted breath against the true culprits for our lack-luster start so now we have to resort to attacking good role-players.

...classic.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    lol, we've wasted breath against the true culprits for our lack-luster start so now we have to resort to attacking good role-players.

...classic.
    What's the point having good role models who can't do what they preach. Football is a game won and played physically not verbally.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    bartell is expected back to practice Saturday, Curry and spencer are expected to practice next week as well.(currys already been back,I know)
    But we will be completely healthy excluding Barnes and Ford.

The defense is climbing out of the whole the miami and Denver games created statistically. we have moved into 12 against the Run believe it or not and 22nd against the pass.They are shaping into a very competitive unit.lets see if getting those three players pushes us into a top 10 D
    Cool. I have been noticing improvements every game and love the fact that we are getting pretty solid against the run. This makes the pass defense better too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    I don't understand why people got all excited when we re-signed him. He can't tackle, he gets run over by everyone, he can't pass defend, his reaction skills suck, he can't read a QB, he's always lost. I'll be at the stadium just focusing on him and he looks paranoid. He's always getting beat. He has the worst angles.He dosnt have football smarts and his size dosnt help him at all.Why not start Mitchell I mean the guy is a big hitter that can cause fumbles or drop passes and he can't be much worse than Giordano. I feel like this guy keeps us from being a better defense. Our defense will be good on 1st and 2nd down and on 3rd all I see is a deep bomb from a QB and Giordano miles away trying to catch up to the receiver. He kills the momentum. I don't mean to be negative after a win it's just stressful seeing this guy out there. Hes not even good depth.
    Probably because Mitchell missed so many tackles that they brought him in to tackle.

Giordano was 3rd on the Raiders last year with 75 tackles. And he wasnt even a starter all year.

Mitchell had a total of 30 tackles last year. He is a waste of space.

Proof is in the numbers. Giordano has more tackles in 1 and a half years than mitchell has had in 4.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast