Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    sadly giordano's cover skills are twice as good as Mitchells. I am tired of both of them to be honest. We keep getting these project players that take 4 or 5 years to develop (in Mitchells case). Some never do, so we waste a lot of time, energy and money doing this. Get serviceable players who fill their rolls

vCash
    I do agree with the op, everything he said is true. BUT, I do like giordano as a back up, I feel like he's just not built to be an every down player. He's way more effective when used sparingly and in the red zone.

vCash
    I hope they keep Huff at corner. Jackson knew what he was doing and in the end Al Saunders will be our Offensive Coordinator again too. As for Giordano he did lead the team in picks last year. However, I do think it's about time that Mitchell became a starter. He's a hard hitting safety who would be perfect to team up with Tyvon Branch in our cover 2 defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    The question is, has Huff played well enough that the coaches will want to keep him at CB once Spencer and Bartell come back, or will they want to move him back to FS?
    Huff is playing better at CB than he does at FS. Mitchell is doing okay at FS. I would keep Huff at CB. The past 2 games he's been on fire. If he could just catch the damn ball he would we wouldn't ask if he's going back to FS.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    95% of you have no business speaking on the raiders. You are illiterate when it comes to reading football and your ignorance is why raider fans look bad. For the record it was Hansen and branch and that td pass not Adams. Oh yeah, where's all the Ro haters? I'm surprised no one posted why wasn't Aaron curry on the field?(sarcasm) Lamar Houston and miles Burris both played with their hair on fire and it ignited the whole d. #realraider95alloaklandnoLA

vCash
    You guys are right on huff.. Trivia question.. Who was a recent raider who excelled at cb when he was drafted a safety?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    Spencer is week-to-week, Bartell is eligible to return in November.
    Thanks NC.

vCash
    what happened to using mitchell at LB? wasn't that an option at one point?

i'm disappointed in Branch this year. thought he was gonna step up big time and be a playmaker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    I don't understand why people got all excited when we re-signed him. He can't tackle, he gets run over by everyone, he can't pass defend, his reaction skills suck, he can't read a QB, he's always lost. I'll be at the stadium just focusing on him and he looks paranoid. He's always getting beat. He has the worst angles.He dosnt have football smarts and his size dosnt help him at all.Why not start Mitchell I mean the guy is a big hitter that can cause fumbles or drop passes and he can't be much worse than Giordano. I feel like this guy keeps us from being a better defense. Our defense will be good on 1st and 2nd down and on 3rd all I see is a deep bomb from a QB and Giordano miles away trying to catch up to the receiver. He kills the momentum. I don't mean to be negative after a win it's just stressful seeing this guy out there. Hes not even good depth.
    I think you're underselling Giordano about as much as you're overestimating Mitchell.

That said, your argument for Mitchell starting is made moot the moment you admit Giordano is better. I think you dislike Giordano, but in your heart you know Mitchell sucks more.

I think Mitchell, in space, would be a disaster.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    That was Branch and adams, Branch being the help over the top and tried to jump an out route
    Congrats on your knee jerk response.

I edited my post almost immediately because I went back to review the only play where I thought I saw him out of place during the game. It was Branch that didn't notice the hand off from Adams.

either way, the point still stands aside from the nit picking of my post. His play hasn't been exceptionally bad this season. I don't see why anyone would point a finger directly at him for this 2-4 record.
    PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW COACH OF YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS.....

vCash
    Goes to show you what I know....i like the guy.

vCash
    I like Gio, he may not be the most talented guy out there but he is all effort all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superglue View Post
    Congrats on your knee jerk response.

I edited my post almost immediately because I went back to review the only play where I thought I saw him out of place during the game. It was Branch that didn't notice the hand off from Adams.

either way, the point still stands aside from the nit picking of my post. His play hasn't been exceptionally bad this season. I don't see why anyone would point a finger directly at him for this 2-4 record.

I saw that edited portion after... It was on the bottom.. When most edit , they just correct their errors, not make notes in bottom.

Edited : in should be at bottom ...( see how weird that is)
    Last edited by RAIDERLIFE; 10-22-2012 at 09:02 PM.
    [

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    I saw that edited portion after... It was on the bottom.. When most edit , they just correct their errors, not make notes in bottom.

Edited : in should be at bottom ...( see how weird that is)
    Reading, how does it work?
    PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW COACH OF YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    I don't understand why people got all excited when we re-signed him. He can't tackle, he gets run over by everyone, he can't pass defend, his reaction skills suck, he can't read a QB, he's always lost. I'll be at the stadium just focusing on him and he looks paranoid. He's always getting beat. He has the worst angles.He dosnt have football smarts and his size dosnt help him at all.Why not start Mitchell I mean the guy is a big hitter that can cause fumbles or drop passes and he can't be much worse than Giordano. I feel like this guy keeps us from being a better defense. Our defense will be good on 1st and 2nd down and on 3rd all I see is a deep bomb from a QB and Giordano miles away trying to catch up to the receiver. He kills the momentum. I don't mean to be negative after a win it's just stressful seeing this guy out there. Hes not even good depth.

This is what kind of depth you sign when you have no money to sign anyone. You can thank Al for guys like this the last 10 years.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast