Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up M.Giordano Sucks

I don't understand why people got all excited when we re-signed him. He can't tackle, he gets run over by everyone, he can't pass defend, his reaction skills suck, he can't read a QB, he's always lost. I'll be at the stadium just focusing on him and he looks paranoid. He's always getting beat. He has the worst angles.He dosnt have football smarts and his size dosnt help him at all.Why not start Mitchell I mean the guy is a big hitter that can cause fumbles or drop passes and he can't be much worse than Giordano. I feel like this guy keeps us from being a better defense. Our defense will be good on 1st and 2nd down and on 3rd all I see is a deep bomb from a QB and Giordano miles away trying to catch up to the receiver. He kills the momentum. I don't mean to be negative after a win it's just stressful seeing this guy out there. Hes not even good depth.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Aside from the one miscue where Shorts wasn't covered for the easy td, where are you seeing all of these bad plays? Especially after yesterday's game where Jacksonville only had a whopping 17 completed passes for a back breaking 181 yards in the air the entire game.

EDIT: Giordano wasn't even in on that td pass play.
    Last edited by Superglue; 10-22-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW COACH OF YOUR OAKLAND RAIDERS.....

vCash
    I think we might be moving in the direction of Mitchell being on the field more than Giordano. Mitchell has been on the field quite a bit the last couple games.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superglue View Post
    Aside from the one miscue where Shorts wasn't covered for the easy td, where are you seeing all of these bad plays? Especially after yesterday's game where Jacksonville only had a whopping 17 completed passes for a back breaking 181 yards in the air the entire game.

I'm not just talking about yesterday's game I'm talking about last season and this season combined.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    He's not the best, but he is far from the worst.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash
    How can anyone say any 1 player of our safety positions suck? Branch has been a letdown this year as well (I'm surprised more people don't talk about this.). Where is Mitchell? Huff is the only one surprisingly showing up on plays, and he is now our #1 corner. I just don't see how one can single out Giordano when Branch is right there with him this season. Besides Huff and Pat Lee (who isn't great by any means, but he has been ok with how much has been asked of him), our entire secondary has been been a letdown.

vCash
    The question is, has Huff played well enough that the coaches will want to keep him at CB once Spencer and Bartell come back, or will they want to move him back to FS?

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    The question is, has Huff played well enough that the coaches will want to keep him at CB once Spencer and Bartell come back, or will they want to move him back to FS?
    That, sir, is a great question. The other is when are we getting either one back?

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash
    Spencer is week-to-week, Bartell is eligible to return in November.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

vCash
    Huff stays at corner where his tackling is above average. Spencer takes the other side. Bartel comes in and plays FS where his tackling is at least average or he is in a constant rotation with huff/spencer and Mitchell or branch move to FS with the other playing SS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superglue View Post

That was Branch and adams, Branch being the help over the top and tried to jump an out route

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    I don't understand why people got all excited when we re-signed him. He can't tackle, he gets run over by everyone, he can't pass defend, his reaction skills suck, he can't read a QB, he's always lost. I'll be at the stadium just focusing on him and he looks paranoid. He's always getting beat. He has the worst angles.He dosnt have football smarts and his size dosnt help him at all.Why not start Mitchell I mean the guy is a big hitter that can cause fumbles or drop passes and he can't be much worse than Giordano. I feel like this guy keeps us from being a better defense. Our defense will be good on 1st and 2nd down and on 3rd all I see is a deep bomb from a QB and Giordano miles away trying to catch up to the receiver. He kills the momentum. I don't mean to be negative after a win it's just stressful seeing this guy out there. Hes not even good depth.

The guy has hands, he tends to around the ball

vCash
    Speaking of Adams...that guy is a BUM. He has no business returning punts, much less being a regular piece in the DB rotation.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

vCash
    Had we not had the issue with the corners he would not be playing very much. Maybe when and if Spencer and or Bartell comes back the secondary will solidify. Lee has gotten better each week. But I agree sometimes it does look like Giordano is lost, However he did lead the team in picks last year. I agree he's not the best but we could do worse. As far as Mitchell goes...He's not a very good coverage safety, And I think he's more of a SS than a FS. I could almost see him as a OLB more than a safety. Put about 15 or 20 more lbs. and I think he would make a solid OLB. Mitchell reminds me a lot of Roy Williams (the safety not the reciever) that used to be with Dallas. Not very good in coverage, But will lay you down with a hit, Mitchell is a lot the same way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    Speaking of Adams...that guy is a BUM. He has no business returning punts, much less being a regular piece in the DB rotation.
    That was a pitiful showing, and a guy like Chekwa couldn't possibly be worse.

Was Adam's one of 'Reggie's guys' from the Packers practice squad?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast