Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    Seriously. How many times did he drop the ball trying to make a flip or something.
    He would also do this stupid throw where he wouldn't plant his feet when he had time and it would fail like half the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    He would also do this stupid throw where he wouldn't plant his feet when he had time and it would fail like half the time.
    Yeah! I really like Weeks, but I think he was way to confident last year. He thought he was on top, and nothing could take him down. But Obviously he fell and then lost all confidence. Hopefully he can return to being at least average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    Coco isn't getting dealt. We may have 4 quality OF's, but that's no reason to trade one of them. Have you seen how many games Coco and Cespedes have missed last year? We need the depth.
    Cespedes, Reddick, Coco, CY, Smith, Moss (he's really an outfielder, we've just been using him at 1B). That's 6 quality OF's (not to mention we could call up Cowgill for defense and baserunning if needed). Considering Coco will be making $7M next year and CY will be making $8.5M and they both play CF, I don't think it's very far fetched that one of them get's dealt. Sure, we could keep both since they'd make a nice platoon together, but it just doesn't seem the A's style to have that kind of money locked up in part time players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    Cespedes, Reddick, Coco, CY, Smith, Moss (he's really an outfielder, we've just been using him at 1B). That's 6 quality OF's (not to mention we could call up Cowgill for defense and baserunning if needed). Considering Coco will be making $7M next year and CY will be making $8.5M and they both play CF, I don't think it's very far fetched that one of them get's dealt. Sure, we could keep both since they'd make a nice platoon together, but it just doesn't seem the A's style to have that kind of money locked up in part time players.
    Smith's pretty much a full time DH. He played a total of 70 games in the outfield last year, 57 in left field, 13 in right field. To add 12 of those games he didn't even start in the outfield. 56% of games he played in were actually in the field. Moss is pretty much a first baseman at this point, playing close to 70% of games he played in the field, being at first base. I see no reason in putting him outfield much anymore. I agree one of them can be dealt, and there's a solid chance of that happening, but if not, it's not the end of the world.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    The only reason Smith was playing DH so often is because of the OF depth we have. He's totally fine in the field if we need him to play there. Moss has played 456 innings at 1B in his career compared to over 1600 in the OF. He's still an outfielder playing 1B, we just happen to need someone to play 1B more than we need someone to play corner OF.

That's all besides the point anyway, my point was that these guys can easily play the OF if we need them to.

vCash
    The only reason Smith was playing DH so often is because of the OF depth we have. He's totally fine in the field if we need him to play there. Moss has played 456 innings at 1B in his career compared to over 1600 in the OF. He's still an outfielder playing 1B, we just happen to need someone to play 1B more than we need someone to play corner OF.

That's all besides the point anyway, my point was that these guys can easily play the OF if we need them to.
    Same thing is going to happen this year to Smith again this year in fact he'll probably be in the field even less. Also please inform us what team Moss played those 456 innings at first base for.
    -7chuck7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kings Analyst View Post
    Same thing is going to happen this year to Smith again this year in fact he'll probably be in the field even less. Also please inform us what team Moss played those 456 innings at first base for.
    You sound confused. AFS said that we won't trade Coco because we only have 4 quality outfielders, I pointed out we have 6 so a lack of depth is not a good reason to keep him because we have plenty of depth. Obviously if we don't trade anyone, Smith and Moss won't play a lot in the OF because we won't need them to. If we do trade someone, Smith and Moss can easily fill in. Do you understand?

vCash
    You sound confused. AFS said that we won't trade Coco because we only have 4 quality outfielders, I pointed out we have 6 so a lack of depth is not a good reason to keep him because we have plenty of depth. Obviously if we don't trade anyone, Smith and Moss won't play a lot in the OF because we won't need them to. If we do trade someone, Smith and Moss can easily fill in. Do you understand?
    Even if we trade someone, Moss and Smith won't play much in the outfield......"Do you understand?"
    -7chuck7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kings Analyst View Post
    Even if we trade someone, Moss and Smith won't play much in the outfield......"Do you understand?"
    Go back and read AFS's post. He said we need depth because we only have 4 quality outfielders and Crisp and Cespy get injured. If we trade one and Cespy gets injured, Smith and/or Moss can easily fill in. It's not that hard to understand. I've noticed you've had quite the attitude problem lately, why are you being so dense?

vCash
    Seth and Moss will be emergency outfielders this season. I agree with most. Either Young or Crisp needs to go
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    My opinion is (as much as it hurts to say) to deal Coco in a package for a quality SS only! I do find it funny also how Weeks went from untouchable to battling for a starting job. I guess both issues are good problems to have. As far as the pitching staff goes, of all teams in the MLB the A's should know that you can never have too much starting pitching. I would add McCarthy on top of what we have already

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12