Moss - 1B
    Reddick - RF
    Donaldson - 3B
    Smith - DH
    Norris - C
    Sizemore - 2B

3 spots up for grabs & upgradeable:

3B, 2B, & Catcher.

Where does Young now fit in ? You can't have his glove sitting out, but he could somehow rotate in with Cespedes DHing, etc. Is he in CF, LF, etc. ? Is Coco, Gomes, or Smith gone...Or do they all somehow stay put ? Do you keep Inge/Donaldson ? Or upgrade that position ?

Bench:

Kottaras
    Young
    Weeks
    Carter

Does Kottaras stay ? Is Weeks traded or does he win the 2B spot ? Is Grant Green considered at 2B ? Carter packaged in a deal to upgrade bullpen, 3B, 2B, or Catcher ?

Opening Day Starter:

Brett Anderson

Rotation:

Parker
    Millone
    Griffin
    Straily, Peacock, Blackley, Ross, Grey, Colon, or trade ?

Bullpen:

Balfour (C)
    Cook
    Doolittle
    Blevins
    Norberto
    Scribner
    Neshek

A ton of questions remain, but Beane has a ton of options going forward. This will get interesting.

vCash
    This team has mad depth
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    I think Donaldson gets a crack at 3B with Sizemore battling it out with Weeks at 2nd. Weeks seemed way to relaxed this past season not really showing much fight when coming up short in big moments.

vCash
    Too early for me to talk about next season's roster. I gotta feeling more moves will be made.

The question I have though is what if Sizemore wins the 2b job? What happens to Weeks? I don't see him being a bench player. He may be trade bait. I also don't see us re-signing Drew.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Bartolo Colon is back. 1 yr deal. Solid 4th or 5th starter option. Most likely rotation sits at :

1)Anderson
    2)Parker
    3)Milone
    4)Griffin
    5)Colon

Straily, Peacock, Blackley, Ross, & Grey also in consideration....or traded...or long relief.

vCash
    I would have rather resigned McCarthy, but I think it is a decent deal, as long as he is off of those banned substances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    I would have rather resigned McCarthy, but I think it is a decent deal, as long as he is off of those banned substances.
    I still feel McCarthy will be resigned as well. I can honestly see us trading one of our younger guys, most likely Griffin, if not you can never have enough pitching.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    I kind of wonder what Milone's value is? He is more ready and experienced than some of our other young guys, and with less upside. Maybe he can be dealt to a team contending who needs a solid sp.

vCash

2013 Oakland A's Roster

Don't know what Malone would get in return. I doubt a solid player in return. Might be better to hold onto him a little longer.

Could Weeks or Sizemore play SS? I guess they'd be pretty limited in range.

I think Coco is dealt. He's a fan favorite but Young is a better player. I don't think Coco wants to be a 4,5 outfielder and Young has said he doesn't want to move from CF. Maybe Coco could be dealt for a decent SS?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBay View Post
    Don't know what Malone would get in return. I doubt a solid player in return. Might be better to hold onto him a little longer.

I think Coco is dealt. He's a fan favorite but Young is a better player. I don't think Coco wants to be a 4,5 outfielder and Young has said he doesn't want to move from CF. Maybe Coco could be dealt for a decent SS?
    Weeks barely has a strong enough arm for 2B, and doubt Sizemore could.
    -7chuck7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBay View Post

Coco isn't getting dealt. We may have 4 quality OF's, but that's no reason to trade one of them. Have you seen how many games Coco and Cespedes have missed last year? We need the depth.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    Coco isn't getting dealt. We may have 4 quality OF's, but that's no reason to trade one of them. Have you seen how many games Coco and Cespedes have missed last year? We need the depth.
    Cespedes, Reddick, Coco, CY, Smith, Moss (he's really an outfielder, we've just been using him at 1B). That's 6 quality OF's (not to mention we could call up Cowgill for defense and baserunning if needed). Considering Coco will be making $7M next year and CY will be making $8.5M and they both play CF, I don't think it's very far fetched that one of them get's dealt. Sure, we could keep both since they'd make a nice platoon together, but it just doesn't seem the A's style to have that kind of money locked up in part time players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    Cespedes, Reddick, Coco, CY, Smith, Moss (he's really an outfielder, we've just been using him at 1B). That's 6 quality OF's (not to mention we could call up Cowgill for defense and baserunning if needed). Considering Coco will be making $7M next year and CY will be making $8.5M and they both play CF, I don't think it's very far fetched that one of them get's dealt. Sure, we could keep both since they'd make a nice platoon together, but it just doesn't seem the A's style to have that kind of money locked up in part time players.
    Smith's pretty much a full time DH. He played a total of 70 games in the outfield last year, 57 in left field, 13 in right field. To add 12 of those games he didn't even start in the outfield. 56% of games he played in were actually in the field. Moss is pretty much a first baseman at this point, playing close to 70% of games he played in the field, being at first base. I see no reason in putting him outfield much anymore. I agree one of them can be dealt, and there's a solid chance of that happening, but if not, it's not the end of the world.
    -7chuck7

vCash
    I don't think range would be the problem for Weeks, as previously said, I think it is the arm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidersfan93 View Post
    I don't think range would be the problem for Weeks, as previously said, I think it is the arm.
    That and he thinks he's better than he is and tries to be fancy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast