Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,388
    vCash
    2100

    Dragon Age III: Inquisition

    nquisition aims to be BioWare's biggest Dragon Age yet, with "bigger" customization than Dragon Age: Origins, including options for your followers. Laidlaw confirmed on the panel that players will gain control of an entire castle, as seen in the initial concept art revealing the new visual direction for Dragon Age III. The BioWare panel also reminded attendees that series writer David Gaider will return to pen Inquisition, and that one level of Dragon Age III exceeds the size of all of Dragon Age II's stages. BioWare is currently investigating new ways to carry choices from past games into Dragon Age III without directly transferring save data, too.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...on-huge-levels

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,521
    vCash
    500
    After the absolute steamy pile of feces Dragon Age 2 was I'll reserve judgment until I see some actual gameplay

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,388
    vCash
    2100
    Yeah, I'll pass regardless after playing DA:II. Major lack of interest after that game. It was fun at first, then I was like ''nope, this game is awful''.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,521
    vCash
    500
    I really did like Origins.

    It's depends how similar this game is to it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,685
    vCash
    1461
    How are these games? I've been kind of getting into RPGs due to having an insane amount of time on my hands these days.. Definitely looking to expand my library on ps3.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    S.A New Jersey
    Posts
    10,828
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    How are these games? I've been kind of getting into RPGs due to having an insane amount of time on my hands these days.. Definitely looking to expand my library on ps3.
    Dragon Age Origins 9\10. This was my first ever rpg game and it great!!! Ive been playing alot of diff RPG games for a few months but this game rocks.
    Its 18 bucks for game and all dlc
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,521
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    How are these games? I've been kind of getting into RPGs due to having an insane amount of time on my hands these days.. Definitely looking to expand my library on ps3.
    Play The Witcher 2 if you're dead set on a wRPG and not a jRPG. It has the type of combat I think you'd like and it's a very open-ended game.

    It's worth it though to try some older RPG's like Shadow Hearts or Xenogears.

    I think you'd like Shadow Hearts as it's more mature themed and does have challenging gameplay. If your ps3 is backwards compatible like mine it's easy.

    To be honest it's hard to find great RPG's these days. Most prioritize graphics and it degrades gameplay quality and plot. WRPG's are, to me, a stale genre that really dont bring anything new to the table. Every game has the same setting and plot themes.

    Skyrim is an example. Great concepts but it is just not fleshed out because of how costly is it to make big games like that using modern technology/gfx. PS2 was the golden age for RPGs.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Central Europe
    Posts
    1,167
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Play The Witcher 2 if you're dead set on a wRPG and not a jRPG. It has the type of combat I think you'd like and it's a very open-ended game.

    It's worth it though to try some older RPG's like Shadow Hearts or Xenogears.

    I think you'd like Shadow Hearts as it's more mature themed and does have challenging gameplay. If your ps3 is backwards compatible like mine it's easy.

    To be honest it's hard to find great RPG's these days. Most prioritize graphics and it degrades gameplay quality and plot. WRPG's are, to me, a stale genre that really dont bring anything new to the table. Every game has the same setting and plot themes.

    Skyrim is an example. Great concepts but it is just not fleshed out because of how costly is it to make big games like that using modern technology/gfx. PS2 was the golden age for RPGs.
    For me it's the other way around, I just can't get into jRPG's. They do nearly nothing for me, the characters are mostly horrid, the Art design doesn't know when enough is enough. Can't really get into the games because of that.

    I agree that WRPG's are in a difficult place at the moment and many titles are very similar. But there is range in Setting and Gameplay (Fallout, DA, ME). I just think big budget titles need to make to many concessions to the mass market, but this is an issue with most genres.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,685
    vCash
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Play The Witcher 2 if you're dead set on a wRPG and not a jRPG. It has the type of combat I think you'd like and it's a very open-ended game.

    It's worth it though to try some older RPG's like Shadow Hearts or Xenogears.

    I think you'd like Shadow Hearts as it's more mature themed and does have challenging gameplay. If your ps3 is backwards compatible like mine it's easy.

    To be honest it's hard to find great RPG's these days. Most prioritize graphics and it degrades gameplay quality and plot. WRPG's are, to me, a stale genre that really dont bring anything new to the table. Every game has the same setting and plot themes.

    Skyrim is an example. Great concepts but it is just not fleshed out because of how costly is it to make big games like that using modern technology/gfx. PS2 was the golden age for RPGs.
    Brilliant. I'll look for Shadow Hearts and Xenogears next time i'm at gamestop. If they don't have them should be pretty easy to find online. Thanks, dude.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    27,521
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Brilliant. I'll look for Shadow Hearts and Xenogears next time i'm at gamestop. If they don't have them should be pretty easy to find online. Thanks, dude.
    Npnp, Xenogears is an old ps1 game so online is your best bet for that. Shadowshearts is still around some places just avoid getting the 3rd one. That one is trash and doesnt follow the main story.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    4,992
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    How are these games? I've been kind of getting into RPGs due to having an insane amount of time on my hands these days.. Definitely looking to expand my library on ps3.
    I thought Origins was really good, and i pretty much hate everything lol. Ive never been interested in the whole fantasy/dragons/magic type rpg games but i tried this anyway out of desperation cause i heard there were some parts where you can make decisions and stuff and i was pleasantly surprised! It took a little while to get into the combat having never played anything like this, but its a good buy. Im always more into stuff like conversations and relationships with characters anyway and theres a ton of that.

    For what its worth, i then tried Skyrim and just couldnt get into it. I dont think i played for more than a couple hours but im a first impressions guy...just didnt work for me.
    Last edited by Jack_Gordon; 10-23-2012 at 09:36 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,685
    vCash
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    I thought Origins was really good, and i pretty much hate everything lol. Ive never been interested in the whole fantasy/dragons/magic type rpg games but i tried this anyway out of desperation cause i heard there were some parts where you can make decisions and stuff and i was pleasantly surprised! It took a little while to get into the combat having never played anything like this, but its a good buy. Im always more into stuff like conversations and relationships with characters anyway and theres a ton of that.

    For what its worth, i then tried Skyrim and just couldnt get into it. I dont think i played for more than a couple hours but im a first impressions guy...just didnt work for me.
    I'll check this out! its probably cheap at this point.

    I had Skyrim, played it for no more than 3 hours, and traded it in. Couldn't get into it either. I love the Fallout games for the atmosphere more than the gameplay or rpg elements. Not big into Fantasy either, but i'm open to trying anything thats good.

    btw did you ever end up playing Silent Hill 2? Gotta get on that brada.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    4,992
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    I'll check this out! its probably cheap at this point.

    I had Skyrim, played it for no more than 3 hours, and traded it in. Couldn't get into it either. I love the Fallout games for the atmosphere more than the gameplay or rpg elements. Not big into Fantasy either, but i'm open to trying anything thats good.

    btw did you ever end up playing Silent Hill 2? Gotta get on that brada.
    I love Fallout too....well 3 alot more than New Vegas but that was still pretty good. Dragon Age was a shocker to me cause i really went in thinking why did i buy this, lol. Just remember, if you havent really played stuff like this the fighting at first you might be like wtf is this ****, haha, that was my reaction. But you'll get used to it. Before you know it youll be stabbing people in their back like whats up now *****?!!!

    I did get the Silent Hill HD back when we talked about it. I struggled to get into it cause i couldnt get my mind past it being a PS2 game. I just cant go back, even though those games were better at the time. I hardly even played, im just so anal with games i cant help it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,685
    vCash
    1461
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    I love Fallout too....well 3 alot more than New Vegas but that was still pretty good. Dragon Age was a shocker to me cause i really went in thinking why did i buy this, lol. Just remember, if you havent really played stuff like this the fighting at first you might be like wtf is this ****, haha, that was my reaction. But you'll get used to it. Before you know it youll be stabbing people in their back like whats up now *****?!!!

    I did get the Silent Hill HD back when we talked about it. I struggled to get into it cause i couldnt get my mind past it being a PS2 game. I just cant go back, even though those games were better at the time. I hardly even played, im just so anal with games i cant help it.
    Hahaha thats awesome man..

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    25,685
    vCash
    1461
    I just found out Xenogears is on psn!!

    Looks like i'm all set..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •